Shot Darts

Dartboard Stand
I'm in the market for a dartboard stand and was wondering if anyone can recommend anything in particular?

I was looking at the Winmau Xtreme 2, but the fact you can't rotate the board rules that one out. 

The XQ Max stand looks decent but I can't find a review anywhere. Does anyone have any experience with this stand? https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...0wodk_wAUQ

Any advice would be appreciated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Adam.
I have that XQ Max one and it's great. The board can wobble a little if you have a hard throw but it's nowhere near as bad as I expected tbh having never owned a stand before. You fix the board to it with one screw in the centre and 2 in the lower middle (you can see the screw holes in the photo) so to rotate the board you just remove the 2 lower screws, loosen the centre one turn it, its really simple and easy.
"OOOHHH, Chimpanzee that, Monkey News! You F---.........."
Official Raymond van Barneveld No1 Fan.
Get the gorrilla one from ebay its about 35/40 quid ive had mine for a while and it does the job really good for the money
(01-09-2017, 12:36 PM)lovejoy Wrote: I have that XQ Max one and it's great. The board can wobble a little if you have a hard throw but it's nowhere near as bad as I expected tbh having never owned a stand before. You fix the board to it with one screw in the centre and 2 in the lower middle (you can see the screw holes in the photo) so to rotate the board you just remove the 2 lower screws, loosen the centre one turn it, its really simple and easy.

Thanks lovejoy. Is there a lip supporting the bottom of the board? It's hard to tell from the photo. Just making sure a surround will fit ok.
I'm looking for one too, but in Canada. May have to make one...
Current Setup: 18g James Wades
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 10 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10
(01-10-2017, 09:38 PM)weswrestle10 Wrote: I'm looking for one too, but in Canada. May have to make one...

I bought a Dynasty stand, not portable though.

If I could find a mount that would work, I would just use a photography stand.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
(01-09-2017, 01:13 PM)Adam-C-91 Wrote:
(01-09-2017, 12:36 PM)lovejoy Wrote: I have that XQ Max one and it's great. The board can wobble a little if you have a hard throw but it's nowhere near as bad as I expected tbh having never owned a stand before. You fix the board to it with one screw in the centre and 2 in the lower middle (you can see the screw holes in the photo) so to rotate the board you just remove the 2 lower screws, loosen the centre one turn it, its really simple and easy.

Thanks lovejoy. Is there a lip supporting the bottom of the board? It's hard to tell from the photo. Just making sure a surround will fit ok.

There is a lip yeah but its only thin metal, my Unicorn foam surround fits it with ease.
"OOOHHH, Chimpanzee that, Monkey News! You F---.........."
Official Raymond van Barneveld No1 Fan.
Have you thought about the target on tour thing?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Darts: Winmau Navigator 23g
Board: Winmau Blade 5 and MvG Cabinet 
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-12-2017, 03:48 PM)Harry_ Wrote: Have you thought about the target on tour thing?

Oops. Unicorn on tour
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3173996

Darts: Winmau Navigator 23g
Board: Winmau Blade 5 and MvG Cabinet 
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Those Dynasty stands are expensive!! I would rather make my own out of piping than pay that!
I have also thought of the on tour attachments, but if I use this in an apartment, a free-standing unit will be best for sound.
Current Setup: 18g James Wades
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 10 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10
Why don't you get yourself some wood and knock one up!  Couple of bolts holding the stand to the upright and it can be taken down for easy storage in no time.

Then you can dress it up in funky colours and take it to your kids school Christmas Fair and get a load of little ones to start playing darts as well!!!

[attachment=11260]
I have the Winmau Extreme 2 and whilst not being able to turn the board is a problem, everything else about it is great. In all honesty, how often do you turn your board? It's only a case of unscrewing 2 screws to turn it anyway.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images." border="0" alt="resim" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />
If you could rig up something to hold the board to a PA speaker stand which is essentially the same thing it should probably be about half the price. I've been thinking of doing the same because I'm moving soon and screwing my backboard to another apartment wall might not fly too well. 

(01-09-2017, 01:02 PM)Del Wrote: Get the gorrilla one from ebay its about 35/40 quid ive had mine for a while and it does the job really good for the money

do you find that the board drops though the more you play?
(01-09-2017, 12:12 PM)Adam-C-91 Wrote: I'm in the market for a dartboard stand and was wondering if anyone can recommend anything in particular?

I was looking at the Winmau Xtreme 2, but the fact you can't rotate the board rules that one out. 

The XQ Max stand looks decent but I can't find a review anywhere. Does anyone have any experience with this stand? https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...0wodk_wAUQ

Any advice would be appreciated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Adam.
Hi Adam. Could be your lucky day if you've got transport: I've got a stand similar to the one suggested by Sean4393. I see you're from Co. Durham:  I'm only in Sunderland & you can have it for nowt if you can pick it up. Send me an email if you're interested.
  • Back in the game after 25 years..... Growing collection of brass & tungsten: So many darts, so little time....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dartboard Stand Adam-C-91 11 1,564 07-28-2020, 09:12 PM
Last Post: BullShot
  Dartboard Stand ? Andy Thatcher 4 446 01-18-2019, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Andy Thatcher
  Winmau Xtreme Dartboard stand 2 Getagrip 3 4,103 03-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: chak840