Harrows Darts.

Dartboard Stand
I'm in the market for a dartboard stand and was wondering if anyone can recommend anything in particular?

I was looking at the Winmau Xtreme 2, but the fact you can't rotate the board rules that one out. 

The XQ Max stand looks decent but I can't find a review anywhere. Does anyone have any experience with this stand? https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...0wodk_wAUQ

Any advice would be appreciated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Adam.
Ebay and Amazon sell them Gorilla stands and is free delivery .
I like the tripod stand ones. I made my own out of a P.A. speaker stand and love it. Very portable and easy set up.I take it to the hotel when I go to a tournament to practice in my room. I don't know about the store bought ones but if they are close then well worth it. Luck in your search.
Got a tripod one and is great..... as said easy to set up and take down and use it all over the house..... just need an oche mate aswell and away you go!!!
They not that heavy either and have fitted a surround and target corona light to it .....
Hi Guys just thought to say just since my last above post i had read good reviews so I sent away for a Gorilla tripod stand
and it came on Friday 22nd Nov

I went to tighten all plastic fittings and although tightened ok the board was still very wobbly and so its all back in its bag
it came in ready to be sent back to Amazon on Monday where it came from . I did send via ebay for a Winmau dart board surround
which is a good tight fit all around the blade 5 board ive just put back up in bedroom wall ..although not much room as I have
to uppend the double bed to throw at board ..im gonna get in soon for bedroom single beds and somehow try make room

and reason I thought about stand was lack of space but ill manage somehow ..but i have also read many reviews
about them Gorilla tripod stands and majority were good and why i sent for one ..but facts are the board still just kept wobbling around like no ones business and that's no use at all ..waste of time and money though should be re-payed back once they receive the item

but i suspect many reviews we all read up on are put in from family members / friends of the company who sell them
but im glad I never sent via ebay for such .. as then costs much to send back and wouldn't have been worth the hassle
as would have been left with a dodgy Gorilla tripod stand in its bag it came in .. as truth of matter is it wasn't fit for purpose .
I've got 2 gorilla stands, The instructions you get with them are terrible, And the ball joint design of the bracket is terrible, I replaced the stupid ball joint bracket with a piece of wood and a bulls easy rotate bracket and it's much better, Stand is solid when all tight.
(11-24-2019, 03:04 PM)Mackemchris Wrote: I've got 2 gorilla stands, The instructions you get with them are terrible, And the ball joint design of the bracket is terrible, I replaced the stupid ball joint bracket with a piece of wood and a bulls easy rotate bracket and it's much better, Stand is solid when all tight.

Good you fixed this but why should anyone have to fix a brand new item sent for , shouldn't need to do moderations to a new item .

I sent it back today earlier as the bracket as u said with ball joint was no use and all made board wobbly
but thinking back now also never really had enough room for me .

But its good if working and good u have it all fixed up well Enjoy .
(11-25-2019, 02:38 PM)The New Sensation Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 03:04 PM)Mackemchris Wrote: I've got 2 gorilla stands, The instructions you get with them are terrible, And the ball joint design of the bracket is terrible, I replaced the stupid ball joint bracket with a piece of wood and a bulls easy rotate bracket and it's much better, Stand is solid when all tight.

Good you fixed this but why should anyone have to fix a brand new item sent for , shouldn't need to do moderations to a new item .

I sent it back today earlier as the bracket as u said with ball joint was no use and all made board wobbly

Very true I just couldnt be bothered sending it back to Amazon, Also 1 month later a screw bracket snapped so Amazon just sent me a whole new stand as it comes with a lifetime warrant, They are not the best but do a job it's basically a badly modified speaker stand.
(11-25-2019, 03:20 PM)Mackemchris Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 02:38 PM)The New Sensation Wrote:

Very true I just couldnt be bothered sending it back to Amazon, Also 1 month later a screw bracket snapped so Amazon just sent me a whole new stand as it comes with a lifetime warrant, They are not the best but do a job it's basically a badly modified speaker stand.
Well said and this post gets a rating from me ^ Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hi I don't suppose you could post a pic of how you sorted your stand out as I'm having the same problems but I was given it so can't send it back.
Lee
also bought a Gorilla stand a couple of months ago to get me through lockdown
was a nightmare setting up due to pathetic instructions - wobbled like mad and realised i hadn't tightened the ball-socket , which i now couldn't actually get to as the bracket was fixed to the board ( it didn't anywhere in the instructions tell you to do this beforehand - or at all even! i only found out after reading reviews of it )
once eventually up it was fine, it does wobble slightly on impact now and then but has stablised by the time im ready to throw the next dart anyway - so nothing too bad
i have had to email them as one of the fixing bolts threaded and therefore wasn't tightening - making it unusable - they sent a rpelacement to me within 2 days for free ( it comes with a lifetime guarantee - which il get to shortly..)
then not long after, one of the tightening levers for the upper bracket snapped off, it still tightened but was sharp ( and why should i have a broken one which lasted maybe a week ?? )
so again i emailed them - this time they actually sent an updated version of the whole back bracket! which i didn't need , but will come in handy at some stage when im sure the current one will break
the lifetime guarantee is handy as obviously the parts arent too strong
ive found a load of bolts in my toolbox that i have on standby for when the current ones perish
the stand itself is handy and it's a shame it obviously isnt made specifically for dartboards ( i think it's labelled as a PA system tripod on certain selling sites )
will be best friends with the suppliers at this rate as i will need to email them again shortly as another tightening area looks like its ready to split...
I can highly recommend the Mission stand. I like the cross backing as it really supports the board.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dartboard Stand Adam-C-91 17 4,601 04-01-2021, 06:27 PM
Last Post: hitter12
  Dartboard Stand ? Andy Thatcher 4 433 01-18-2019, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Andy Thatcher
  Winmau Xtreme Dartboard stand 2 Getagrip 3 4,073 03-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: chak840