Harrows Darts.

Video of throw - need help
i'm not good and not getting better. the link is a video of my throw. advice appreciated.
Cheers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-pQSeYNRTw
What is the problems your noticing?

Then only thing I notice is the odd throw seemed to have less of a follow through than some others but apart from that it was pretty consistent, could be you may need to change stance a little, you looked very square on, might be good to see a video from the front.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-09-2017, 10:16 AM)Getagrip Wrote: What is the problems your noticing?

Then only thing I notice is the odd throw seemed to have less of a follow through than some others but apart from that it was pretty consistent, could be you may need to change stance a little, you looked very square on, might be good to see a video from the front.

seem to battle with the darts going left mostly. sometimes it just feels like im aiming there or something.
(01-09-2017, 11:17 AM)tension33 Wrote:
(01-09-2017, 10:16 AM)Getagrip Wrote: What is the problems your noticing?

seem to battle with the darts going left mostly. sometimes it just feels like im aiming there or something.

What Darren said, you appear to be standing pretty square on to the oche and as you throw it may cause your non throwing shoulder to move like a pivot. Try standing more side on to the oche and even try leaning in slightly to eliminate this potential issue.

With regards to the darts going left and your feeling that you're aiming there etc, it could be that you're moving your head and neck (and therefore your shoulder) to the target position instead of your eyes alone if you get my drift.

I must say though you do appear to have a consistent action.

Best regards,

Dorian
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

the thing i notice is when you draw the dart back towards your face you bring it kind of to the side of your cheek, if your right eye dominant imagine a line from your right to where you are aiming,......now draw a line from the target to where you draw the dart back, it will be offset to your sight line somewhat essentially meaning you are throwing the dart at an angle to your sight line, which might explain why you pull left?

I used to throw like this and my main miss was left
(01-09-2017, 01:11 PM)Jamesr4300 Wrote: the thing i notice is when you draw the dart back towards your face you bring it kind of to the side of your cheek, if your right eye dominant imagine a line from your right to where you are aiming,......now draw a line from the target to where you draw the dart back, it will be offset to your sight line somewhat essentially meaning you are throwing the dart at an angle to your sight line, which might explain why you pull left?

I used to throw like this and my main miss was left

Well said James good point.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

You got a nice arm for throwing.

View my reply on Blurds' thread, your problem is similar but worse. You need to raise your elbow so that your hand's path becomes more parallel with the dart's path. Your motion is way too circular and doesn't give you any room for error if you release your dart too early or too late.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation BEWARE !!!!!!!! TROLL THROW(Added YouTube video)UPDATE ADDED NEW VIDEO Troll 30 1,929 02-12-2021, 04:16 PM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  My throw: Can you help me? (Video) JP Ahinko 14 1,184 12-03-2018, 10:26 PM
Last Post: Troll
  Video - I analysed my throw over a few months and improved. Zac619 2 433 04-17-2018, 03:05 PM
Last Post: notoffee
  Consistency in throw - now with video (on 2nd page) peanutjimmy 13 1,757 11-22-2017, 02:38 PM
Last Post: chak840
  Can you check my Throw- Video analysis Zac619 7 1,260 08-15-2017, 04:47 AM
Last Post: AProsview
  My darts throw video warhorse11 13 1,298 04-10-2017, 10:52 PM
Last Post: warhorse11
  My dart throw [Video] uzdu 1 467 03-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Swiiiitch
  Video Of My Throw roberts126 6 955 01-18-2017, 04:19 PM
Last Post: roberts126
  Rate my throw - Video Blurds 8 987 01-12-2017, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Quick video of my throw Mattb0612 7 892 01-09-2017, 02:03 PM