Darts Buddy

Harrows Rapide 24g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh61FiPLwM0

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

[/size]
So here we are with another set from the 2017 Harrows launch, these are the Rapide 24g, there is four models in the range and three weights for each model, this particular one is also available in 22 and 26 grams.  They are 90% tungsten and retail for a very reasonable £21.95.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a slim line box and are supplied with a Harrows hard plastic case, point protector, Harrows Supergrip stems in medium and Harrows standard shape Rapide flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

The barrels have a kind of tear drop or tapered shape with a chunky front section with some thin cut ring grip and then around the middle it almost feels like a long scallop with a mix of razor grip and then a micro style grip near the rear.  Grip at the front is medium and then about high medium verging on to high level on the razor grip and then medium near the rear.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

Barrels are nearly perfectly matched, two exact and the third just one hundredth of a gram difference:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was front weighted:

With supplied setup  it moved slightly behind centre:

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these right on the chunky front section, was nice enough but I think the middle was the most comfortable to grip:

CONCLUSION:

I think these are very nice for front grippers, the weight and balance suits a slightly loppy throw I think, I have found them to be very nicely flighted for me and were fine with the supplied setup.  Occasionally they dipped a little low but I think it was just a case of getting used to them.  If you dont mind a chunky dart then certainly give them a go if your a frontie Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I do think the middle razor grip section was the most comfortable position to hold the dart and I can see a lot of middle grippers being very happey they I guess it just depends on if you like a front weighted dart but if so then I can definitely recommend these.

Rear grippers I am not so sure of, if your not gripping right on the end of the barrel it could be fine but again if you like a front weighted dart.  I did have a few more throws from the rear and they were flying better once I got the hang of it but it did not feel as nicely balanced there as it was from the front and middle.

Darts are very nicely machined and really great value at this price, its a nice profile and grip design and not as aggressive as it may look so for me I think front and middle grippers will do best with this dart but its nice that the price is cheap enough to be able to take a gamble if your not too sure Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (nice darts)
Grip: 8 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9.5 (almost perfect)
Quality: 9 (very good)
Value: 9 (really good)
Suitability for me: 8 (fly well)

Best Feature: comfy middle Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice. I tried the 23g knurled version but it's a shame as I couldn't get in with them at all. That razor grip really is strong on the Rapides. +1
+1, nice review. I was hoping you'd review these, my better half wants a set. I want a set of the 25g knurked myself.

(01-08-2017, 08:35 PM)Serial 7hriller Wrote: Nice. I tried the 23g knurled version but it's a shame as I couldn't get in with them at all. That razor grip really is strong on the Rapides. +1

I wonder if my grip sensitivity is changing as I don't seem to feel the razor grip on some darts like I once did, it felt grippy but not as aggressive as I was expecting, hmmm I guess we all feel it different though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Could be I am getting a more deft touch when throwing?

(01-08-2017, 08:50 PM)Berlin180 Wrote: +1, nice review. I was hoping you'd review these, my better half wants a set. I want a set of the 25g knurked myself.

Thanks mate, certainly worth a try at this price Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another first class review Grip +1

Great pics as usual too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
Tempting darts there and a great review... +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..
Another great review, Darren!  +1 from me!  Your reaction to the S20 after the two T20s was priceless!  I think I wanted the 180 as bad as you did!  Well done!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Nice review again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I like the look of them, but I know they won't suit me at all. Might still end up with a set.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Great work, the pics are really first rate. Strong work on this as well as your many other reviews.
Great review and pictures as always Darren! The moreish look at these the more I think they would be suitable for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-08-2017, 09:11 PM)Danger Mouse Wrote: Another first class review Grip +1

Great pics as usual too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks DM! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-08-2017, 10:56 PM)Humdinger Wrote: Tempting darts there and a great review... +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..

Thanks! Worth a try really, not too expensive Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-08-2017, 11:39 PM)Red Wrote: Another great review, Darren!  +1 from me!  Your reaction to the S20 after the two T20s was priceless!  I think I wanted the 180 as bad as you did!  Well done!

Thanks mate, lol yeah its annoying, I have been close to getting so many 180's the last 2 weeks its unreal, I think I am a 180 bottler!

(01-09-2017, 01:03 AM)vanJupp Wrote: Nice review again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I like the look of them, but I know they won't suit me at all. Might still end up with a set.

Cheers lol yeah its not so bad when they are a good price like this though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-09-2017, 06:15 AM)drolmaeye Wrote: Great work, the pics are really first rate.  Strong work on this as well as your many other reviews.

Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-09-2017, 08:27 AM)JayKay Wrote: Great review and pictures as always Darren! The moreish look at these the more I think they would be suitable for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks John! give em a go Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another top review - +1 from me. That reaction you had when you missed the third dart for the 180 was simply brilliant.

The Rapides also look quite a bit like the John Part Cosmo Gen.2, well, to me anyway.
I think you may have found a new favourite dart too, since it seems to tick the boxes you seem to like.
Great review again Darren, well done. :thumbup:
(01-10-2017, 01:08 PM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: Another top review - +1 from me. That reaction you had when you missed the third dart for the 180 was simply brilliant.

The Rapides also look quite a bit like the John Part Cosmo Gen.2, well, to me anyway.
I think you may have found a new favourite dart too, since it seems to tick the boxes you seem to like.

Cheers! LOL yeah its third dart syndrome, I get jelly arm, but on the plus side I have been closer to hitting more 180's in recent weeks than ever before I think, just had 3 more 140's with these, I think these and the Cuesoul Black Scorpion and those Bulls Fighter Gemini have worked very well for me, I may stick to this sort of shape Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-10-2017, 01:19 PM)Great White North Wrote: Great review again Darren, well done. :thumbup:

Thanks Brad! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review. An interesting shape and one I think I might like. If that front grip was a little stronger I could be tempted! Cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Damon Heta Darts Review Getagrip 11 483 02-19-2021, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Harrows Oracle 23g Darts Review Getagrip 48 11,069 01-13-2021, 02:35 PM
  Harrows Supergrip Ultra Darts Review Getagrip 12 582 11-27-2020, 05:18 PM
  Harrows Swarm Darts Review Getagrip 10 723 11-27-2020, 10:58 AM
  Harrows Revere Darts Review Getagrip 10 598 11-24-2020, 06:51 PM
  Harrows Dave Chisnall Chizzy 23g darts review Getagrip 32 4,175 11-20-2020, 02:09 PM
  Harrows Noble Darts Review Getagrip 10 843 11-16-2020, 11:02 AM
  Harrows Fire Inferno Darts Review Getagrip 15 1,236 11-14-2020, 02:28 PM
  Harrows Rapide Knurled 26g Review Don Q 12 398 11-01-2020, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Don Q
  Harrows Predator 23g Darts Review Getagrip 32 10,591 08-13-2020, 04:08 PM