Harrows Darts.

Darts Grip advice
Information 
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Hello everyone,

I've recently started playing darts again after over 20 years. I've only ever played recreationally. Can you advise on my grip please? What type of grip is this classed as and what barrel shape would suit me best?

I've heard people discuss various types, front, middle back etc. I also suspect I also spin the dart slightly, but it's difficult to tell. 

Any advice or tips would be appreciated. I'm currently testing darts between 22g and 26g and once I have found the right weight I'm looking to possibly get a set of Target Daytona darts or similar. Any recommendations would be great. 

Thank you  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-07-2017, 09:02 PM)M180 Wrote: Hi all,

I think I have posted this question in the wrong section Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  , could Admin move it for me please?

Thanks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Hello everyone,

I've recently started playing darts again after over 20 years. I've only ever played recreationally. Can you advise on my grip please? What type of grip is this classed as and what barrel shape would suit me best?

I've heard people discuss various types, front, middle back etc. I also suspect I also spin the dart slightly, but it's difficult to tell. 

Any advice or tips would be appreciated. I'm currently testing darts between 22g and 26g and once I have found the right weight I'm looking to possibly get a set of Target Daytona darts or similar. Any recommendations would be great. 

Thank you  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
After trying different sets of darts, weights, shapes ect.

i knew what grip i liked, what weight i wanted, and the shape of the dart. I searched around on the inet, forums. But couldnt find the right dart.I wanted Pyramid grip, straight barrel, and 24g. I then made the darts with the computer Paint or something,and contacted Madhouse darts, Tony made my darts and they are great. So mayby think about some customs.
Hello and welcome aboard and welcome back to darts!

Looks like your a middle gripper, I would say where your thumb is pretty much dictates the grip type.

But its not just how you grip that matters its how you throw too. I think its best to try a few shapes if possible, but if you have a loopy style of throw then a front weighted dart may suit.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-08-2017, 03:25 PM)Thank you both for the advice, I\ll keep practicing and trying different combinations. Any recommendations on good quality darts sets? I've been looking at Target darts recently because most people seem to recommend them as the best. Getagrip Wrote: Hello and welcome aboard and welcome back to darts!

Looks like your a middle gripper, I would say where your thumb is pretty much dictates the grip type.

But its not just how you grip that matters its how you throw too.  I think its best to try a few shapes if possible, but if you have a loopy style of throw then a front weighted dart may suit.
Woow you have the same grip as me, but i have more space between the front 2 and back 2.
(01-08-2017, 10:15 PM)shadowdenim Wrote: Woow you have the same grip as me, but i have more space between  the front 2 and back 2.

Nice one, what darts do you use?
Take a look at Fittons.
Currently throwing 22g Michael Smith darts at a One80 Gladiator III board
Welcome,,,Enjoy,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-09-2017, 02:51 AM)LegoArmo Wrote: Take a look at Fittons.

Okay, thank you, I'll have a look  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-08-2017, 10:51 PM)M180 Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 10:15 PM)shadowdenim Wrote: Woow you have the same grip as me, but i have more space between  the front 2 and back 2.

I just bought these, but loved darts where you have grip all over the barrel.
https://www.dartdiscounter.nl/xq-max-mic...Aoch8P8HAQ
(01-09-2017, 10:47 AM)shadowdenim Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 10:51 PM)M180 Wrote:

I just bought these, but loved darts where you have grip all over the barrel.
https://www.dartdiscounter.nl/xq-max-mic...Aoch8P8HAQ

Thanks, I'll take a look.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Any other recommendations for darts?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with grip, dart advice ArrowJoe3 1 330 04-23-2020, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Hazza
  Grip/release advice. Baloos 35 1,842 07-29-2019, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Baloos
  New Darts for Xmas: Advice Renny Carroll 4 458 12-07-2018, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Scudy23
  Darts weight advice Reaper 7 1,379 10-18-2018, 11:50 AM
Last Post: ReggaeDarts
  cant find a throw or grip that feels right, need advice Liam Twigg 7 1,038 04-24-2018, 01:27 PM
Last Post: dj_stat8
  New darts advice GutshotGrant 21 1,704 03-05-2018, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Daniel O'Connor
  New darts advice madhouse 5 591 11-26-2017, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Berlin180
  Need some advice on Designa darts. bosbik 1 554 09-10-2017, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Little al
  Darts Advice Keane 4 745 03-07-2017, 07:08 PM
Last Post: JDinMD
  Advice on darts and throw please :) ross.e 3 757 01-06-2017, 07:31 PM
Last Post: ross.e