Shot Darts

Bulls Max Hopp 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_GCMtffiw

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

These are the Bulls Max Hopp 22g darts they are also available in 24g and are 90% tungsten.  They retail for around £39.  You can find more info on the Bulls site here: https://www.bulls-darts.com/en/products/...art-detail

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a slim box and are supplied with the Bulls Cone case.  They come with a set of clear medium Grip CL stems and Max Hopp Maximiser signature standard shape flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

Its a straight barrel design but slightly thinner on the rear.  The front has a kind of double thin ring grip with a kind of scallop in the middle of each ring and thin grooves inbetween the paris of rings. I would say its about a high medium there.  Then there is a smooth section which is followed on the rear by a razor style grip which is not too aggressive but just about high level grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

Barrels are closely matched just two hundredths of a gram between lightest and heaviest barrels:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was front weighted:

With supplied setup  it moved very slightly behind centre:

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these as usual at the front fairly close to the nose:

CONCLUSION:

Although these are quite long at 52mm I think they had a very nice balance with my front grip, they are drilled out a fair bit so the balance was a little more to the front than you would think and they had a nice weighty feel with my front grip.  As I have said before I never used to get on too well with long darts but that seems to be changing and I have played with these a lot recently and find they work quite well for me.  Flight was pretty smooth for most of the time but they seem to have a fairly nice arc too.  I know Max Hopp is a rear gripper but I can see a lot of front grippers been happy with these.

They did not fly too bad from the middle either, maybe a bit flatter but again there is only a smooth section there so I guess if you dont get on with smooth barrels your not going to be too happy with them from the centre but they flew nice enough all the same.

From the rear for me was not great but I can see how they may be a very nice dart for rear grippers, I would say if you like a decent grip and a slighlty front biased dart then definitely try them, they obviously work well for Hopp so for natural rear grippers it could be a good dart.

For me though I'm very happy with the way they have been working with my front grip, I have been scoring well with them and its just got a very nice weighty feel even though they are 22g they feel heavier when I grip at the front, the kind of feel I like really Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Its a nicely made dart too, machining is clean and neat and very nearly perfectly matched so no complaints about the quality, I think the hard part is getting hold of a set, Darts GB are out of stock of them when I last checked and I dont see them on the other UK sites, so that leaves the only option of buying them from Germany or Holland.

So a darts that can probably suit any grip but I think fronties and backies should do well with them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (nice looking dart)
Grip: 8 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (very close)
Quality: 8.5 (very good)
Value: 8 (good)
Suitability for me: 8.5 (rather good, almost a 9)

Best Feature: Balance for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Huh, its funny, in the video the flights just look white (to me anyway) so when you was on about liking the colour i didnt know what you was on about. Then i saw the pics in here. Now i see Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I think the lights I have may have over exposed them a little Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

+1 from me.

How comfortable was the grip at the front?
And hopefully soon you'll get Mr. 'Fish on the stage' Jerry Hendriks' darts. (Maybe we'll see you dance like him as well Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.)
More lovely shiney things
Thanks for the review, Darren. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Nice review and good to see some darts that are not usual in the UK.

But just as an information, Max doesn't use his signature darts.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
(01-07-2017, 03:34 PM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: +1 from me.

How comfortable was the grip at the front?
And hopefully soon you'll get Mr. 'Fish on the stage' Jerry Hendriks' darts. (Maybe we'll see you dance like him as well Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.)

Cheers! They are fine, kind of remind me of the Anderson darts. LOL I think I had some Hendriks darts but not sure if he uses the same ones still Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-07-2017, 03:36 PM)Del Wrote: More lovely shiney things

LOL it never ends Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-07-2017, 04:05 PM)vanJupp Wrote: Thanks for the review, Darren. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Nice review and good to see some darts that are not usual in the UK.

But just as an information, Max doesn't use his name darts.

Thanks mate, yeah I heard that too, not sure what he is using but still that's a common thing now, just look at how many sets MVG had that he has never used Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-07-2017, 04:16 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks mate, yeah I heard that too, not sure what he is using but still that's a common thing now, just look at how many sets MVG had that he has never used Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Let me get my abacus out. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Great review again Darren. :thumbup:
(01-07-2017, 04:16 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks mate, yeah I heard that too, not sure what he is using but still that's a common thing now, just look at how many sets MVG had that he has never used Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Before the Worlds he used Bull's Stingray-B5 ST1, which are a nice dart, but have one big problem. They have a conversion point with a different thread to other darts, so you only can use special Conversion Points from Bull's which bend easily. So nice dart, but with a big minus.
And Max switched to some other darts for the worlds, where I am not sure what they are. They look a lot like Bull's @501.

https://www.dartshop.de/Marke+Bull-s/Bul...m1392.html

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
(01-07-2017, 04:18 PM)Great White North Wrote:

Let me get my abacus out. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Great review again Darren. :thumbup:

Thanks Brad! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-07-2017, 04:30 PM)vanJupp Wrote:

Before the Worlds he used Bull's Stingray-B5 ST1, which are a nice dart, but have one big problem. They have a conversion point with a different thread to other darts, so you only can use special Conversion Points from Bull's which bend easily. So nice dart, but with a big minus.
And Max switched to some other darts for the worlds, where I am not sure what they are. They look a lot like Bull's @501.

https://www.dartshop.de/Marke+Bull-s/Bul...m1392.html

Ah cool, thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as usual !
Great review Darren! Now time for a review of David Pallet darts and then sell them to me! Hard to come by here
+1. My niece is a fan of Hopp's and was interested in these. For whatever reason (either the length or the revelation that Hopp doesn't use them, I'm guessing) she has decided against them now, so you just saved me some money.

(01-08-2017, 04:17 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Great review as usual !

Thanks Larry! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-08-2017, 04:30 PM)Tormentor Wrote: Great review Darren! Now time for a review of David Pallet darts and then sell them to me! Hard to come by here

Cheers Shawn, and funny you say that as I have a set half reviewed already Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-08-2017, 08:58 PM)Berlin180 Wrote: +1. My niece is a fan of Hopp's and was interested in these. For whatever reason (either the length or the revelation that Hopp doesn't use them, I'm guessing) she has decided against them now, so you just saved me some money.

LOL thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Well remember me when you're ready to turn them! Cheers

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bulls Phantom Grip 24g review, Barneveld Unicorn Phase 1 jordanhopper180 13 1,637 03-01-2021, 06:28 PM
Last Post: dexterwolf
  Bulls Mensur Suljovic Black Edition 23g darts review Getagrip 22 10,498 02-12-2021, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Roet180
  Bulls NL Dirk van Duijvenbode Aubergenius Darts Review Getagrip 17 1,122 12-31-2020, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Bulls reviewed darts index mc1958 12 3,425 12-30-2020, 06:40 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Bulls Typhoon 23g darts review Getagrip 19 3,274 11-30-2020, 03:50 AM
Last Post: nrb1
  Bulls Jermaine Wattimena 22g darts review Getagrip 19 8,371 03-11-2020, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Roet180
  Bulls Jan Dekker 22g darts review Cateye 10 1,519 05-25-2019, 07:43 AM
Last Post: italNZ
  Bulls Fighter Dolfin 18g darts review Getagrip 20 20,161 05-04-2019, 06:31 AM
Last Post: philliesricky
  Bulls Razor 23g darts review Getagrip 27 52,227 02-23-2019, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Zeffer
  Bull's Max "Maximiser" Hopp Max90 2.0 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 51 8,837 02-15-2019, 09:07 PM
Last Post: neil_kman