Harrows Darts.

Darts grip constantly changing
YHi guys looking for some advice about my grip it's driving me crazy I've been playing for a fairly long time now I think my actual throw and stance is fine I've hit loads of 180s won More games then I've lost but I think my grip is really holding me back i Just can't seem to hold the dart the same each time if it's not my fingers changing it's where I hold the dart as in close to point or at the back near stem it's really annoying as it's always in my head when im playing And as I'm sure you all know is the worst thing when playing any tips much appreciated
Maybe try some scalloped darts so that you can really feel where you grip them every time?
Yeah I was looking into that just so many to choose from and knowing what would fit my hand best
Sometimes there's too much emphasis on exact grip position IMO.  When you take the dart out of your dog hand/non throwing hand just hold it naturally without overthinking it.  Just my opinion however. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
That's what I used to do and wish I could just get it out my head now I'm always thinking and changing
I have a simple method with darts that have a constant, not varying area grip area like many UK designed darts - simply add a reference point where you grip, either with a 2BA o-ring, or a bit of tape*. It works exceptionally well, but i suspect many darters will baulk at the idea, or even deride it. To each their own I guess; I just do what works.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

*That's the easy answer achievable by many. Knowing me, i would simply modify my darts.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The tape method mentioned above is something I've pondered many times, but never tried. Might have to see now if it works. Glad to see I'm not alone thinking outside the boxGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Thanks Ancient Darter!!
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

I might give that ago sounds likes good idea
Depending on your cut design (rings with a flat bottom works exceptionally well, and you'll see why), I've done things like add 'diamond' grip inside the grooves both as a reference point (here is where you can use the 2BA O-RING in place of my diamond bands. It should work similarly with different thicknesses of tape, depending on your finger sensitivity !  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ), as well as to serve as added but fairly unintrusive resistance (adds grip) like such (imagine the grip area was all closely spaced rings, which is was, that had very little grip, and zero reference points). The original design is here: https://www.target-darts.co.uk/soft-tip/...-1182.html for comparison.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
one of the things i do is when opponent is throwing i line my darts up in my dog hand so points are all lined up like I've got ocd and my thumb holds all 3 in place at same position then when i go to reach my throwing hand picks them from the same point by skimming my dog thumb that way im holding them in the same place everytime you could be reaching with your dog hand too quickly and that could mean your in a different place more often try slowing it a tad and see how you get on

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changing Darts - improvement or just the right set? Hudson1984 9 343 02-03-2021, 06:11 PM
Last Post: wzywg
  Constantly hitting 5’s thehashslingingslasher 27 3,054 07-23-2020, 08:06 PM
Last Post: GONKO
  Changing your grip GT50 6 795 07-18-2019, 01:38 AM
Last Post: GT50
  changing darts Eso Rimmer 14 883 05-02-2019, 12:53 PM
Last Post: GONKO
  Changing Grip - your experiances. Double Jeopardy 3 759 04-24-2019, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Levonster
  Constantly going low Hazza 16 2,121 01-16-2019, 01:49 AM
Last Post: Dartism
  How to stop changing darts? Eyebala 56 7,717 12-11-2018, 10:27 AM