Shot Darts

Blade 4 dual core or standard blade 5
Hi guys looking at getting A new board was thinking of getting a blade 4dc as I have an origin blade 4 and like it but seen the blade 5 now as well but I was thinking the dual core might be a little bit quieter so would help with neighbours haha I seen the blade 5dc is out soon but I don't really wanna spend that much on a new board cheers guys
Blade 5 Dual core's are out now too.  https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=19405

Dual Core's are a bit softer than their regular counterparts.  Not sure on the level volume wise though between the two.
I'd go for a Blade 5 or Blade 5 Dual Core,

I really didn't like the thicker wires on the Blade 4's. Too many bounce-outs.
Have you guys tried the unicorn eclipse boards I've never had one so no idea what there like in comparison to a blade
(01-07-2017, 02:38 PM)Mattb0612 Wrote: Have you guys tried the unicorn eclipse boards I've never had one so no idea what there like in comparison to a blade

Go with a Blade, more resilient than any Eclipse.
I loved my 4DC and recieved a new one for Christmas and I have to say I'm not happy, it has off putting darker colour spots in certain doubles and trebles and it doesn't seem to be healing as well as my old one, wish I'd of held out for a 5DC now.

The reason I say DC is the rota lock system is a godsend to me,but if it's no bigger to you I'd say the standard blade 5 would be a good choice.

Cheers
Tez
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
(01-07-2017, 02:43 PM)Tez Tickle Wrote: I loved my 4DC and recieved a new one for Christmas and I have to say I'm not happy, it has off putting darker colour spots in certain doubles and trebles and it doesn't seem to be healing as well as my old one, wish I'd of held out for a 5DC now.

The reason I say DC is the rota lock system is a godsend to me,but if it's no bigger to you I'd say the standard blade 5 would be a good choice.

Cheers
Tez

Don't the standard Blade 5's have the rota lock system now as well?
(01-07-2017, 02:44 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: Don't the standard Blade 5's have the rota lock system now as well?

They do yes, https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=19407
I would say whichever is more affordable ,,,,,,as far as 1 board being louder than the other,,,depends on how hard you throw,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I put up a new blade 4 and my board is softer than my last board ,,,even with me throwing 18 gram soft tips ,,,,when the dart goes all th way in and stops on the backboard with a resounding thud/smack,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Luckily ,,,,the sound limit at my house is pretty high,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Yh I do throw rather hard with 25g so does have a bit of thud and I live in a upstairs flat more like a converted house if you know what I mean so any noise suppression be good I would like the blade 5dc but don't really wanna spend £50 on a board so was thinking 4dc or the standard 5
If sound is an issue, I would recommend getting a harder board like Bulls 501 or Shot Bandit (any of the New Zealand boards). Problem is this takes you back to the 45+ GBP price. Comparing a B4 to B4DC I find the 4DC softer. Not sure if the situation is the same in the gen 5, but my best guess is, if you want a quieter and less expensive (but fantastic) board, go with the standard B5.

I also agree with Joer about the bounce outs. I hung my new b4dc about five days ago and have already had more true bounce outs than I had all last year with my shot bandit.

Again, disclaimer is I've only thrown on both of the 4s so anyone who can compare 4 v 5 could help.
Thanks mate good replay might just got for the 5 then
Welcome aboard Matt Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Hi mate thanks
(01-07-2017, 02:46 PM)Great White North Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 02:44 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: Don't the standard Blade 5's have the rota lock system now as well?

They do yes, https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=19407

How the hell did i not know that  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Hmmmm 'Babe I need a dartboard ! '

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Standard for bore lenght on end of barrels? Force Majeure 2 161 10-17-2020, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Force Majeure
  Winmau Blade 6 DC release date Phil McKeown 12 4,741 06-13-2020, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Ashley Elson
  Anyone else think the Blade 4 is better than the Blade 5? Trainor180 16 740 04-26-2020, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Trainor180
  One80 gen 3 v. Winmau blade 5 dc nightcrawler 28 5,645 09-13-2018, 11:15 AM
Last Post: nightcrawler
  Looking to buy Unicorn Core Plus 19g Soft tip Imposter 5 610 04-26-2018, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Imposter
  Blade 5 vs Dual core version ross.e 9 13,559 04-05-2018, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Winmau Blade 5 Bristle Dartboard ekim2003 2 833 12-27-2017, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Unicorn Core XL T95 TheRedBit 7 1,862 07-28-2017, 04:18 AM
Last Post: Minh Tran
  Blade 5's Across the Pond ??? BruT 31 4,347 01-24-2017, 03:10 PM
Last Post: BruT
  Winmau Blade 4 destroyed - what happened? WhiskyPops 26 4,365 01-06-2017, 04:52 AM
Last Post: Red'75™