Target Darts.

Datadart Paul Jennings 25gr darts review
I'll try to review the Datadart Paul Jennings 25gram Darts 90% Tungsten.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

After searching for similar darts to what i throw now (and with a little help of a friend) i decided to give it a go with these Datadarts. I always wanted Adrian Lewis Unicorn Darts but decided to try this which seems pretty close.

This is the third Datadart's set i own now and one thing is for sure, you can never go wrong with them.

Packaging and Contents:

The darts came in a carton box. The original setup provided is a set of blue medium (deflactagrip maybe) shafts and a set of Paul Jennings' signature pear flights.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Design:

This is a straight barrel dart with a bit tappered nose. All the darts are shinny when new but these for some reason look brighter to me. In the rear end of the barrel the JENNO logo is printed. Quite simple and usuall design but well made with clear ring edges and not faults at all.

The Grip:

From the photos i saw, the grip was looking more aggresive. I believed that it would be similar to the Unicorn's Grippers but its not. No problem with that but the photos (like almost every time) gave me different expectetions. One is sure this style of grip last for long.
The barrel is ringed gripped with deep cuts and wide rings.
Also for the rear grippers the LP finish in the rear end is nice.

Throwing the Datadart's Paul Jennings Darts:

After taking some photos i changed to my setup and start throwing.

I really enjoy throwing this darts. They land in my usuall angle and for some reason you feel that you hold a very good quality tungsten dart. Very solid and perfectly balanced to my hand.
It would be an easy task to move to them as my match darts if i want cause i felt very comfortable with them from the very start.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.I always start throwing at tops. After hitting it with the second dart i threw to the t20 and hitted two tons in the row.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

And after a usual for me 7 score :Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. BOOOM 180! in my 5th throw with these beauties.

Shooting all over the board was nice with them too. But i have to behave myself ant not change match darts twice this week. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Also something to mention is about the points.
 This black coated points are excellent. You dont need to make them rough and they stick on the board so good. So you get the grip on the board and as far as they are smooth you dont hurt your board's sissal

Ballance:

The ballance point of the barrel itself
with the setup provided (medium nylon shafts and pear flights)
with my setup (short nylon shafts and standard shape flights)

Weight matching:

The three barrels weights are 24.99gr, 24.91gr and 24.95gr

They are pretty close with max difference (heavier to lighter) to be only 0.08gr.
In the back of the box datadart advertise +/- 0.3gr. So its way better than expected i think they could change it to +/- 0.1gr

[b]Dimensions:

Lenght: 49.1mm

Diameter: 6.76mm

Comparison Pictures with similar sets:
[/b]
The closest set i could get is target's Andrian Lewis Gen2, that i got from a friend to compare (but is 23gr). The datadart's are a shorter (2mm) and wider (0.4mm). The main grip on the Lewis' is a little more aggresive but the rear grip is more aggresive on the Jennos. The darts are pretty close to the look and throwing.

I bought this set as close to my previous match darts (during the last week writing the review i changed them) the Unicorn's Gripper One. But as it appears they are not very similar at the end.

If i had to put the grip of the three of them in an order (from less to more aggressive) it would be:
Jennos/Lewis/Grippers with one level difference between them. The reason of this is why the ring cuts in the Lewis and Grippers are deeper and with more space between them.

[b]Summary:

[/b]

I'm really happy with these darts. They feel perfectly made and they look shinny. The balance of the darts feel ideal for me too and they are so close to what i like to throw. The grip on them is above the medium aggresive for me. Its really nice but i expect it more aggresive from the photos i saw.
This is the third Datadart's set i own and like the CTs and the Icons they haven't any faults on them. So well done again Datadart.

Design: 8 
Grip: 7
Price: 9

Overall: 8

Their retail price is about 24 pounds and they also available in 21 and 23grams.
Well done review! Thanks for that.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Nice review and great darts. I had the 21g. I sold them to a mate. After a year or two he changed the 21g for 25g and now he has the 23g ones as his match darts.
Jenno's are close to the older Lewis tapered darts by Unicorn.

(01-11-2017, 05:45 PM)ranger86 Wrote: Well done review! Thanks for that.

Thank you ranger
(01-11-2017, 06:04 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Nice review and great darts. I had the 21g. I sold them to a mate. After a year or two he changed the 21g for 25g and now he has the 23g ones as his match darts.

Thank you elevendarter. Yes they are great darts
Nice looking darts. And, great review with some good comparison photos. I like the front of the jenno
Great review with beautiful pictures!
Well done and thanks for posting. Cant wait for my 23g Jenno's to arrive tomorrow or Friday
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

(01-11-2017, 06:14 PM)Great White North Wrote: Jenno's are close to the older Lewis tapered darts by Unicorn.

[Image: https://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee32...010395.jpg]

This is why i wanted them cause i couldn't get the unicorns Lewis.
Nice darts by the way Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-11-2017, 06:43 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Nice looking darts. And, great review with some good comparison photos. I like the front of the jenno

Thank you. Yes the front is very nice for us who like to rest a finger there
(01-11-2017, 07:07 PM)RubennnV Wrote: Great review with beautiful pictures!
Well done and thanks for posting. Cant wait for my 23g Jenno's to arrive tomorrow or Friday

Thank you rubenn. You will love them for sure
Nice review John! I had some of those when they first came out, was a nice little dart actually Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-11-2017, 07:48 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice review John! I had some of those when they first came out, was a nice little dart actually Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thank you Darren . Yes they are really nice.
P.s.: its difficult to find a dart that you don't have. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks for the great review, think I'll pick a set up now Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink NEW Mckicks Premium White Mighty Grip 25gr 90% tungsten Darts (the old style is back) copigme 89 47,654 10-30-2020, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Richa
  Target Paul Lim Gen 3 23g Swiss Point Limited Edition Review YoungStarDC 7 847 07-06-2020, 11:44 AM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
  V180 Dave Prins 25gr Review bk123456 7 688 07-03-2020, 08:45 PM
Last Post: bk123456
  Datadart Sawtooth 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 44 11,944 01-06-2020, 11:21 AM
Last Post: robi10
  Winmau Paul Nicholson 24g darts review Getagrip 31 45,919 01-04-2020, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Ivefoundgod
  Datadart’s Pro-Ti 26gr 90% Titanium Coating Tungsten Darts Review copigme 23 6,892 11-24-2019, 05:42 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Harrows Plexus 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 20 4,123 09-18-2019, 01:28 PM
Last Post: LKH9
  Bull's Justin van Tergouw 4.0 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 94 10,540 04-26-2019, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Calvinize
  Bull's Max "Maximiser" Hopp Max90 2.0 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 51 8,787 02-15-2019, 09:07 PM
Last Post: neil_kman
  Bull's (NL)/Shot! Martin "The Wall" Schindler 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 16 2,932 01-07-2019, 01:57 PM
Last Post: copigme