Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Pushing vs Throwing
I havent been playing long, a couple years or so. Until I came to this forum I had never heard the term "push" the  darts. I always just tried to make my throw look as pretty as possible lol. Today I pushed the darts toward their target instead of just threw them. I found immediate improvements in accuracy. Im thinking just throwing tended to leave the elbow to low and throws inconsistent while pushing raises the elbow and give a more proper trajectory for the dart?

thoughts?
I think if you're throwing properly, your elbow wouldn't be staying low. My elbow slightly raised as I follow through. I tried pushing the dart like Klaasen and I had immediate good results but I felt that technique relies on too many movements to be consistent.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
I think much of this is mental imagery. If I think strictly throw, then I tend to swing my arm and my elbow stays low and my hand follows down to a very low finish. If I mentally combine throw and push I can get over the top nicely with a throw, then have a higher finish with a push at the end after the dart is gone. Confusing I know and I have probably over thought this but it has improved my game.

I so wish I was more of a natural....
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

As far as I know, there's only pushing, and pulling, or dragging like what many front grippers do. Both can work exceptionally well.

'Throwing' conjure up images of the way a baseball pitcher launches the ball, or the way you might throw a rock as far as you can, i.e., over shoulder and over-head take-backs.

As for the stroke, I'll just leave this video for you, as it's so much easier to visually watch a technique than explain it in several paragraphs. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Pay attention, especially, to the elbow position through out the stroke, and the sheer, absolute ease of the entire shot!

The Japanese players usually employ the 'push' method. They most likely also use broader, shorter rear-gripped torpedo shaped darts that suit this technique best, and are said by barrel designers to be the easiest to launch smoothly, even though there's nothing to stop using the push technique with a skinny straight. Except you might face more difficulties and inconsistencies.

NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Love the style of most Asian players too, as you said it looks so effortless. Hope that one day we have a few Asian players that can compete in the top 32/16 of the PDC.
I could watch her all day.......uh, nice, throw?
Where's that thread on paper airplanes? That is the mental image that really put the "pushing" thing in perspective for me.
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Here it is!   Ranger, it was one of yours!   +1 for you!

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=23545
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Yep. This thought really helped me. Also I have learned that I throw best if my hand and arm are very relaxed. This leads to a bit more arc but far greater accuracy and a much better finish. It also goes completely against my nature as I prefer to use strength in almost everything. But everyone is different and I have played some great players that abosolutely hammer the board when they throw!
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts Throwing comparing - Japanese Soft style throwing vs Steel Style throwing jayouloun 41 12,239 05-16-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Don Hagliatelli