Harrows Darts.

Odd Dart Question
I bought AD Gen 3 darts and did not like them at all, big mistake on my part. So I went to the local store today and bought (after trying this time) 21 gram darts that are 70% Tungsten. I bought them because their trajectory was so nice and they felt like gold when I threw them. However, in my head Im wondering if Ive taken a step back in my progress going from a 90% Tungsten to a 70%?

any thoughts? Is this purely psychological or is there a disadvantage to going back in %?
Never let tungsten % enter into the equation of a darts quality when it comes to performance.

Enjoy your new darts. :thumbup:
The percentage of tungsten in your darts won't have any bearing on your throw. 70% tungsten will just be slightly bigger than an equivalent weight 90% tungsten dart as they are less dense.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images." border="0" alt="resim" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />
No disadvantage at all, brass/70%. Tungsten/ 97% tungsten all doesn't matter. Only obvious thing is that they could be slightly bigger than a dart of the same weight with a higher tungsten %.

Just use whatever you're comfortable with.
No disadvantage what so ever , if it feels good just throw them . Besides , what if they had said they where 95% tungsten ? Would you have known any different or questioned yourself?
All about what works for you buddy
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
In my humble opinion, there is absolutely no correlation between tungsten content and ability.

One of the best players I've ever seen in my league plays with a set of brass darts and batters most players.

Higher tungsten content really only means a thinner dart. So it's a preference thing rather than an ability thing.

On a side note, I recently had a throw with an old set of brass bombers and hit a 180 on my 3rd or 4th throw, these things are like throwing cigars!! lol
thanks everyone I feel wayyyyyy better about my purchase now Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I don't think it makes any difference - as others have said, it simply means that the dart can be thinner the higher the tungsten content. If you ignore the tungsten content, whether it be 70%, 95, or even zero(brass), then you will have the greatest choice, and choice is what it's all about - the more choice, the more likely you will find the dart that works best for you.
It is no more than the metal density. If you are ok with the size of your darts then it doesn't matter at all what density it is. I don't even think there would be a significant difference in wearing out.

I prefer higher % myself but that's because I prefer thin darts. However, look at RvB, when he changed for his Phase 5 he had them made in 80% because if he had them made in 90% or higher they would be too tiny as he was using them in 21g. I wouldn't be surprised if they produced them in 80% on Barney's demand so that they have met the size cricteria he liked.
Don't let it bother you. A lot of darters 'bling' their darts! ie, gripper points, coloured points, gripper stems, coloured stems.....all just mind games, the feel good factor. It probably helps them, but in reality the look has no baring on how the darts finds its target.
What ever works for you, is best.
I have just bought a set of Adrian Lewis gen 3 but they have not arrived yet. What do you dislike about them may I ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-07-2017, 04:36 PM)ross.e Wrote: I have just bought a set of Adrian Lewis gen 3 but they have not arrived yet. What do you dislike about them may I ask?

Nothing. And you should not start to think about bad things on your darts before you have thrown them, cause you may have already an opinion before throwing them and will end up disliking them.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
(01-07-2017, 04:37 PM)vanJupp Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 04:36 PM)ross.e Wrote: I have just bought a set of Adrian Lewis gen 3 but they have not arrived yet. What do you dislike about them may I ask?

Nothing. And you should not start to think about bad things on your darts before you have thrown them, cause you may have already an opinion before throwing them and will end up disliking them.

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dart point length question Rollback 5 259 10-14-2020, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Rollback
  A Question: Pros and Cons of different dart brands. LethalEagle 23 2,660 07-17-2018, 09:37 PM
Last Post: LPPK
  Dart Board Bracket Question.... Red'75™ 8 1,479 09-12-2017, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Red'75™