Harrows Darts.

Advice on darts and throw please :)
Hi, I'm 17 and have been casually playing darts against my dad every now and then for about 10 years, but never really practised much. In the last couple of weeks I have practised religiously; then below and behold, I hit my first 180 the other night. So what I'm asking is; do my darts look as if they should fly well,(I'll attach picture) as I feel my current ones are not entering the board all at the same angle. (I have since ordered some gen 3 Adrian lewis darts). Also, my throw leaves a lot to be desired, (attached a video) as upon watching tutorial, I realise my arm doesn't extend all the way, and when I try to do this, I am no where near as accurate. Does anyone have tips on improving/changing throw but with accuracy. Thanks a lot would appreciate any feedback [attachment=11110]https://vimeo.com/198367754

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-06-2017, 06:12 PM)ross.e Wrote: Hi, I'm 17 and have been casually playing darts against my dad every now and then for about 10 years, but never really practised much. In the last couple of weeks I have practised religiously; then below and behold, I hit my first 180 the other night.  So what I'm asking is; do my darts look as if they should fly well,(I'll attach picture) as I feel my current ones are not entering the board all at the same angle. (I have since ordered some gen 3 Adrian lewis darts). Also, my throw leaves a lot to be desired, (attached a video) as upon watching tutorial, I realise my arm doesn't extend all the way, and when I try to do this, I am no where near as accurate. Does anyone have tips on improving/changing throw but with accuracy. Thanks a lot would appreciate any feedback https://vimeo.com/198367754

Hi Ross,

First of all well done on your first 180 and looking briefly at your throw the only thing I can see is the amount of upper body movement as you release the dart. Try to keep as your head and shoulders as still as possible, everybody will of course be different in their style pulling and pushing the darts back and forth before throwing must be smooth and not too exaggerated.

Overall Ross your style looks very good just try and make the whole thing as smooth as possible.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(01-06-2017, 07:28 PM)Dorian Wrote:
(01-06-2017, 06:12 PM)ross.e Wrote: Hi, I'm 17 and have been casually playing darts against my dad every now and then for about 10 years, but never really practised much. In the last couple of weeks I have practised religiously; then below and behold, I hit my first 180 the other night.  So what I'm asking is; do my darts look as if they should fly well,(I'll attach picture) as I feel my current ones are not entering the board all at the same angle. (I have since ordered some gen 3 Adrian lewis darts). Also, my throw leaves a lot to be desired, (attached a video) as upon watching tutorial, I realise my arm doesn't extend all the way, and when I try to do this, I am no where near as accurate. Does anyone have tips on improving/changing throw but with accuracy. Thanks a lot would appreciate any feedback https://vimeo.com/198367754

Hi Ross,

First of all well done on your first 180 and looking briefly at your throw the only thing I can see is the amount of upper body movement as you release the dar. Try to keep as your head and shoulders as still as possible, everybody will of course be different in their style pulling and pushing the darts back and forth before throwing must be smooth and not erratic . Your style looks very good Ross just try and make the whole thing it has to be smooth as possible.

Cheers

Cheers for the reply mate, I will get practising with these tips in mind, and give an updated video, thanks again
Ross

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice for my throw Stefan Gusko 9 607 05-25-2019, 10:00 PM
Last Post: 5or1
  New Darts for Xmas: Advice Renny Carroll 4 452 12-07-2018, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Scudy23
  Darts weight advice Reaper 7 1,346 10-18-2018, 11:50 AM
Last Post: ReggaeDarts
  cant find a throw or grip that feels right, need advice Liam Twigg 7 1,007 04-24-2018, 01:27 PM
Last Post: dj_stat8
  New darts advice GutshotGrant 21 1,685 03-05-2018, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Daniel O'Connor
  New darts advice madhouse 5 581 11-26-2017, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Berlin180
  Need some advice on Designa darts. bosbik 1 547 09-10-2017, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Little al
  developed a bad habit with throw need some advice gunner88 4 836 04-15-2017, 01:00 AM
Last Post: barcrusher
  Darts Advice Keane 4 742 03-07-2017, 07:08 PM
Last Post: JDinMD
Information Darts Grip advice M180 11 1,276 01-09-2017, 02:52 PM
Last Post: M180