Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Storm points- what is the "point"
Pros and cons of storm points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pros:
Smooth transition from point to barrel means your flights will last a lot longer and you'll get less deflections.

Cons:
They tend to break easily.
There have been a few threads in the past that can be found using the search box but basically
+ less pronounced deflections
+ increased flight / stem life
+ look great

- can be expensive
- difficult to fit to some sets
- prone to breaking (especially grooved)

If you are going for them I would reccomed the VOK's tornado points - fit better and are a lot more durable

Hope that helps a bit until you get a look through the threads Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Lovely cheers mate seems to be so much tackle out there it's hard to decide what's hype and what works without getting lucky on a fair few football cards and trying everything haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pros - not a lot...they look good, save you spending your pennies on flights for few extra days

Cons - break easily, nightmare to remove...even more of a nightmare if you're down the pub at the time
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ain't that the truth....personally I stopped using the storms due to them breaking  (which usualluly happened during a game or tournament)

I have tried the Tornado points and didn't have any issues at all - a cheap alternative to try the concept would be to try some tridents

https://www.reddragondarts.com/red-drago...cones.html
I also took my storms out because my on finger sits right where the barrel and point meet and I prefer to feel the lip.
Current Setup: 18g James Wades
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 10 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10
I've wanted to try some, but all the stories about breaking... not so good. I tried the Trident cones and love the difference they make hnce the reason wanting to try Storms. If you sink the darts deep on a blade spider, they will get chewed up rather quickly, but they're cheap and well worth the effort IMO. still may try a set of Storms at some point though...
Board-B4 DC
Current: Harrows Aero 25G
Use them religiously and have done for 2 years or so, never broke one myself.

Only downside is the silver ones are harder to 'rough up' so when they're new you get a lot of bounce outs.
I got some new darts for xmas with storms. Darts corner put them in for me as I dint have a point remover. Really worried about them breaking now. I have been getting a lot of bounce outs with them.
I don't like the lip transition so storm up some darts that I use. But, never use them on a board mounted above a concrete floor.
Ha Ha... I see the Storm points are still causing discourse.

Break far to easily, for my liking. Though some have no problems. Wide berth is what the course to be taken.
As a slight aside, am I the only one who doesn't like the way storm points look?

t-t-thanks for the reassuring guys... I feel better now
(01-09-2017, 06:17 PM)Berlin180 Wrote: As a slight aside, am I the only one who doesn't like the way storm points look?

Yes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Point alternatives to the Target Storm point Westy182 6 380 04-29-2021, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Westy182
  De zwaan contender storm points J4ck 0 176 03-09-2021, 08:43 PM
Last Post: J4ck
  Target Storm Points on Nathan Aspinall 22g B45ch1 10 1,086 09-04-2020, 01:06 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Longer than 30mm Storm/Tornado/Trident Points? Chris Nygaard 1 380 10-10-2019, 10:10 AM
Last Post: bk123456
  Target Storm Grip Points 30mm - dimensions and weight? mad 7 3,202 10-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Chris Nygaard
Question Rob Cross - Target "Storm Surge" Points - Does he use 26mm or 30mm? Photos? :) JDooner94 2 1,143 07-31-2018, 02:20 PM
Last Post: JDooner94
  Target Storm Nano Grip Points Too Thin... vacation 3 837 07-29-2018, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Noj
  Fitting Storm Points using Designa tool Noj 9 1,389 04-21-2018, 09:50 PM
Last Post: John_B
  Storm surge points Rabe1 7 1,763 04-05-2018, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Rabe1
  Will RVB 9Five's fit storm points? _TOPS_ 3 1,097 03-11-2018, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Fred-180