Darts Buddy

Indiana
Hello from Indiana. I picked darts in a more serious way this past September by joining a league. I am now practicing every day, playing in a league once a week, and using webcam darts almost every day. I have enjoyed lurking on these forums.
Welcome!
(01-06-2017, 02:44 PM)David Petersen Wrote: Hello from Indiana. I picked darts in a more serious way this past September by joining a league. I am now practicing every day, playing in a league once a week, and using webcam darts almost every day. I have enjoyed lurking on these forums.

So, is this league a steel tip or soft tip league?     I have been to Bloomington, IN several times in the past when a friend of mine lived up there before he finally passed away and I never found a steel tip board to be played on in a public place.    They were all soft tip, and when I mentioned it to one of the bar owners he said insurance reasons were the reason for no steel tip.

Maybe it had to do with that area being a pretty big college town and we all know how foolish guys and gals can be in their late teens to early 20's when it comes to drinking and sharp, pointy objects.
Hello David, welcome aboard the Nutz forum. :hithere:
(01-06-2017, 02:50 PM)Steel tip. I am in Ft. Wayne, Northwest Indiana, the 2nd biggest city in IN (impressive, I know!).I am discovering that there is a pretty good dart scene in Ft. Wayne. There are several steel tip leagues during the week. There are open steel tip tournies every weekend. I have not heard of any soft tip leagues. I know a bunch of bars with bristle boards (some better than others, the bar my league plays in has razorbacks, no staples). I don\t even know where one can play soft tip in Ft. Wayne.  gumbo2176 Wrote:
(01-06-2017, 02:44 PM)David Petersen Wrote: Hello from Indiana. I picked darts in a more serious way this past September by joining a league. I am now practicing every day, playing in a league once a week, and using webcam darts almost every day. I have enjoyed lurking on these forums.

So, is this league a steel tip or soft tip league?     I have been to Bloomington, IN several times in the past when a friend of mine lived up there before he finally passed away and I never found a steel tip board to be played on in a public place.    They were all soft tip, and when I mentioned it to one of the bar owners he said insurance reasons were the reason for no steel tip.

Maybe it had to do with that area being a pretty big college town and we all know how foolish guys and gals can be in their late teens to early 20's when it comes to drinking and sharp, pointy objects.
(01-06-2017, 02:50 PM)Steel tip. I am in Ft. Wayne, Northwest Indiana, the 2nd biggest city in IN (impressive, I know!).I am discovering that there is a pretty good dart scene in Ft. Wayne. There are several steel tip leagues during the week. There are open steel tip tournies every weekend. I have not heard of any soft tip leagues. I know a bunch of bars with bristle boards (some better than others, the bar my league plays in has razorbacks, no staples). I don\t even know where one can play soft tip in Ft. Wayne.  gumbo2176 Wrote:

Welcome aboard mate...good to have you here

Some decent routines on here to help mix up the practice now your putting the extra hours in Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hello David and Welcome to Darts Nutz , from a fellow David Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Member previously known as Daveheald

Welcome aboard Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
welcome to DNF!
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Welcome,,,,Enjoy,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome to the Nutz Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Welcome, David! Lots of good topics and advice here!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Welcome ! What's your wda name? dpw here! So much help here and some friendly nutz too..
Hi David. Welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Darting in Indiana Wade Myers 18 400 03-08-2021, 05:28 PM
Last Post: gumbo2176
  Hello from Indiana MarcSirkin 14 277 11-30-2020, 12:50 AM
Last Post: sercolini
  Hello from Indiana, USA Brice14 17 634 12-26-2018, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Bloodycut
  Hiya from Northcentral Indiana, USA Kevin Bell 30 1,598 12-16-2018, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Cat
  Ahoy from Indiana Mike Blackthorn 18 1,010 03-24-2018, 03:48 AM
Last Post: Mike Blackthorn