Harrows Darts.

Home made light up oche
Seen a fantastic light up oche video on YouTube, obviously home made but no how to guide comes with it.

Can anyone point me to any videos/links/guides as I'd love to have bash at making one.
(01-05-2017, 10:41 PM)Waverley1 Wrote: Seen a fantastic light up oche video on YouTube, obviously home made but no how to guide comes with it.

Can anyone point me to any videos/links/guides as I'd love to have bash at making one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iKBWRvVy_0w

This is it, looks fantastic. Have trawled the net this morning with no joy, so plan on having a go at making my own!
looks like a wooden box frame covered in felt with led tube lighting fitted around the edge behind clear perspex, imagine it wouldnt be difficult to make but obviously becomes a permanent fixture
(01-06-2017, 01:17 PM)Jamesr4300 Wrote: looks like a wooden box frame covered in felt with led tube lighting fitted around the edge behind clear perspex, imagine it wouldnt be difficult to make but obviously becomes a permanent fixture

Yes, I'm not the most technically minded, but will be giving it a bash and probably make a how to video for other like minded people.
I think so long as you have the right saw's for the wood/perspex then it will just be a case of making sure the final measurement is correct length for the oche, those LED light strips are just plug and play like xmas tree lights, just find the one with the remote to change the colours and your sorted, use U-nails to secure it around the bottom edge, look forward to seeing it
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Hi all,

I spent the last few days making my own light up oche. I'm not really a natural when it comes to making things but it was surprisingly easy to do and didn't take long at all. Check out the photos! 

I'm thinking of making some more to sell. How much would you pay for a light up oche?
Looks like you did a good job - personally I wouldn't buy one (primarily as I live in a small flat), but bear in mind postage will cost a fair bit as well.

Also, if you are looking to sell on here then please check out the following thread first - https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/thread-5822.html
Looks pretty smart to me! I'd certainly consider one for sure, but would like to know the materials of what you used there. Is that felt or carpet on top? Does it fold up and how would you ship it?
Cheers
Thanks - I just made a simple wooden frame using softwood then cut two 18mm mdf panels to size and screwed them on top. Spray painted black and stuck down carpet tiles on top. Ordered some lights of amazon and they took about 5 mins to install. It’s pretty sturdy if I say so myself.

It doesn’t fold away as I didn’t have the foresight to think of this before I started building. I intent to use it outside when I have friends and family around (mainly in the summer months!) and store in the shed in the winter.

I think I’d just start off on gumtree selling locally as I can imagine postage would be quite expensive.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Sight Right (Home Made) REBEL 19 10,059 09-12-2019, 06:19 AM
Last Post: PREACHERMAN
  At Home Oche dawoy2534 11 1,517 04-09-2018, 01:47 AM
Last Post: Cooper84