Unicorn

Winmau Blade 4 destroyed - what happened?
Hello all,

About 7 or 8 months ago I bought a blade 4 and placed it in the coffee room at my work. It was hardly used for half of this time, only myself and one colleague played on it a few breaks per week, and we rotated it weekly or once per two weeks.

After we did a dart tournament with many other colleagues, the board started getting some usage. The following happened:

The board has been used a lot more as I mentioned and rotated less by others, but I cannot imagine that this destruction is purely from throwing darts. Does any of you guys know if there can be any other cause for this board destruction (e.g. spilling liquids on it)?

Finally I would like to say, RIP Blade 4...! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. You were too young...

Kind regards
WP
Match Darts: Target Phil Taylor gen 3, 22 g
Best 501:
19 darts
180s (2017):
 91/60

180s (2018): 87
180s (2019): 7

Looks like it dried out alottttttttttttttttt
I'm going to call foul play on this one. There is no way that damage was caused naturally.
Yup... really looks like somebody tried to destroy it on purpose

We noticed the sisal was bulging up slowly. And some of the colleagues throw insanely hard at the board..
Best 501:
19 darts
180s (2017):
 91/60

Throwing what insanely hard? Spears? Arrows? Morning Stars?

That'll buff out! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
Is Mr.K a colleague of you by any chance?
Our colleagues are mostly indian
Best 501:
19 darts
180s (2017):
 91/60

I've seen boards swell up in places that are frequently hit, but that is usually when the owner doesn't rotate the board to keep it from being the more frequently struck area.

I've also seen boards dry out to the point the spider seems to be pulling away from the sisal.

You mentioned some colleagues throw extremely hard. Well, that is not necessary and simply abuses the board. There is no need to throw so hard that darts actually bury up to the barrel----unless your points are worn beyond replacement time. I will not allow people to play on my boards at my house if they abuse them, and that includes using these newer gripper points that tear sisal out of the board when the darts are removed.

Sounds to me like your fellow workers need to be educated on how to properly throw darts in the very least.
My blades have dried out and it's a good excuse to replace them. Also, throwing knives at the board is not a good idea
(01-05-2017, 04:44 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: Is Mr.K a colleague of you by any chance?

LOL XD
MVG Collection: 21g Masterdarts MVG Silver/Black Ring/Gold/Black & 23g Masterdarts MVG Black
Darts Collection: Click to view my darts gallery

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Do you guys have any Ninjas on the payroll ? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]®[/font]

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
https://w-darts.com/ninja-syuriken-throwing-star-.html

You know you want one...
"Just pick a set off the rack fellas and have a throw!"

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Blade 6 DC release date Phil McKeown 12 4,734 06-13-2020, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Ashley Elson
  One80 gen 3 v. Winmau blade 5 dc nightcrawler 28 5,644 09-13-2018, 11:15 AM
Last Post: nightcrawler
  Winmau Blade 5 Bristle Dartboard ekim2003 2 832 12-27-2017, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Blade 4 dual core or standard blade 5 Mattb0612 26 8,630 01-15-2017, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Harry_