Target Darts.

Gold Points
How long do you expect gold plated points to last in terms of their finish?

I need to repoint my Mamba's and think they would look awesome, but not wasting the money if the finish flakes off after hitting the wire a couple of times
The finish is quite good usually for everyday playing. Roughing them up too much takes the finish off them quickly though
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If you have to rough up the points to avoid bounce outs the finish is "finished no pun intended"
I had gold storms in a set of chizzys couple of year ago and i seem to remember them going black quite quick
Ayup Comrade

I had gold unicorn points fitted in a set, after a few weeks couldn't tell they were gold!

Shed
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/njoyone1
(01-05-2017, 01:02 PM)Jamesr4300 Wrote: How long do you expect gold plated points to last in terms of their finish?

I need to repoint my Mamba's and think they would look awesome, but not wasting the money if the finish flakes off after hitting the wire a couple of times

If I was to put a coated point in Mamba's and you like 32 mil points I'd go with the rainbow ones. https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=22219
I have gold Storms in a couple of my sets and the finish is lasting very well. I do not scuff my points at all though. They dulled up a wee bit, but still look quite nice.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

(01-05-2017, 01:02 PM)Jamesr4300 Wrote: How long do you expect gold plated points to last in terms of their finish?

These gold points would look good
may all the doubles be with you

(01-05-2017, 03:20 PM)Shed inn Wrote: Ayup Comrade

I had gold unicorn points fitted in a set, after a few weeks couldn't tell they were gold!

Shed

Me too, I had Gold Unicorn points in a set of Gold Taylor Unicorn Phase 1s and you couldn't tell that they were gold, here's a close up ~2 months after installing them (I also alternated between this set and a set of Black Phase 1s in that time period):

However, I also have Gold CD MK2 points in my Flintlocks and they are still gold, they are my regular darts and have been going for about 3 months. Still plenty of gold finish on them!

I use 36mm Target gold points and have to say they keep their colour very well.
I have them installed in at least 2 sets and haven't seen much wear and tear on the colour.
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
Great White North Wrote:
Jamesr4300 Wrote:How long do you expect gold plated points to last in terms of their finish?

If I was to put a coated point in Mamba's and you like 32 mil points I'd go with the rainbow ones. https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=22219
they are cool!!!

thanks for all the replies guys
I'll give a shout out for CD MK2 points.... excellent quality Points. What-ever colour you choose.

Gold look slick, though......eh!
(01-05-2017, 07:38 PM)weswrestle10 Wrote: I use 36mm Target gold points and have to say they keep their colour very well.
I have them installed in at least 2 sets and haven't seen much wear and tear on the colour.

I've got gold Target and also gold A180 points in a couple of sets and I would recommend those as well (I think the A180 ones may be made by Target as well)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mission glide points - gold? John_B 1 396 11-01-2019, 08:51 PM
Last Post: CantstopDarting
  Gold points Ed180 12 1,620 10-13-2017, 08:21 PM
Last Post: *Saber*