Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Hanging Board on Concrete
Hi Everyone,

I have recently moved home and have had to pack up my whole darts set up which was fantastic in my previous home and relocate it. 

In my new home I only have concrete walls to put the dartboard up against. The problem is I cannot drill holes into these walls.

Does anyone have any ideas or tips on how I could put my dartboard up on these walls?

Thanks  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Match Darts - 22g Red Dragon "Mamba" Peter Wright Darts

Darts Owned
24g Red Dragon "Snakebite" Peter Wright Darts
21g Masterdarts MVG Darts
22g Target "Chizzy" Pixel Grip
25g Unicorn Gary Anderson Phase 3

High Finish - 170
Why can't you drill holes in the concrete - is it rented accomodation and the landlord won't allow it?

If there is absolutely no way you can drill into the concrete, then all I can think of is getting one of the Unicorn On Tour things and hang the board on one of your doors, or get yourself a freestanding board.
Get a big bit of wood and hang the board on that. Then lean the wood against the wall.
(01-05-2017, 08:42 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Why can't you drill holes in the concrete - is it rented accomodation and the landlord won't allow it?

If there is absolutely no way you can drill into the concrete, then all I can think of is getting one of the Unicorn On Tour things and hang the board on one of your doors, or get yourself a freestanding board.

Yeah the landlord won't allow the drilling. As a majority of the concrete walls are structural.

Darts Owned

High Finish - 170
+1 to JDorks suggestion.

I, too, live in a rented house with concrete walls.  While I could have hung the board on the wall, I didn't care for the idea of my darts striking concrete when I missed the board. 

I took a 4 foot by 8 foot sheet of 25mm blockboard and cut the length to match the distance from the floor to the where the wall and roof meet.  In my case, there is some trim along the wall, so I cut it to that point and leaned it against the wall at a slight angle. Then, I mounted the dartboard in the middle of the sheet of blockboard.  The mounting bracket allows the dartboard to remain straight up and down while the blockboard is slightly leaning.

One word of caution though.  I didn't secure the blockboard in any way since it is in a corner of my home office and therefore away from people who, especially little ones, could cause it to fall.  I haven't seen much of any movement when I remove the darts. However, I have noticed the board moves slightly when my son, who is just over 4 feet (124 cm),  tries to remove the darts while standing on the ground.  I have him stand on a stool to remove darts and the board ceases to move. So, just something to be aware of depending on who will have access to the board.
Get yourself a gorrila stand of ebay , they are spot on
Or the unicorn on tour system
(01-05-2017, 09:18 AM)Billyscarfe Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 08:42 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Why can't you drill holes in the concrete - is it rented accomodation and the landlord won't allow it?

Yeah the landlord won't allow the drilling. As a majority of the concrete walls are structural.

I'd reckon that two holes can't do any damage. I can understand that landlord simply doesn't want it. I would understand his point of view...or at least I would try to understand .-) . Having fear of a house breaking down because of these two small holes (possibly only one hole if you make some hanger) is imho ridiculous though
I'd just drill the wall, hide it when the landlord comes round, and fill it when you move out
But that's just me lol
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-05-2017, 05:14 PM)Walker Wrote: I'd just drill the wall, hide it when the landlord comes round, and fill it when you move out
But that's just me lol

That's what my grandad has done but shush don't tell anyone.
I'd say some sort of darts stand or door hanger
Wire it up to the ceiling...landlord didn't say anything about putting holes in the ceiling did he?
(01-05-2017, 05:14 PM)Walker Wrote: I'd just drill the wall, hide it when the landlord comes round, and fill it when you move out
But that's just me lol

I think this could be the best solution hahaha

Darts Owned

High Finish - 170
Get yourself some of that industrial strength caulk adhesive, stick yourself a 3'X3' sheet of 3/4 inch plywood to the wall and mount the board on that!   Landlord didn't say "No glue"!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
But that's just me lol
I did the same when I was renting.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Darts: Winmau Navigator 23g
Board: Winmau Blade 5 and MvG Cabinet 
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mounting into concrete drunkandintreble 6 738 06-19-2018, 03:05 AM
Last Post: drunkandintreble