Target Darts.

Storm points
Hi im new here today i purchased a set off 22 gram Chizzy pixels and smooth storm points . I also have a repointer is this easy to do myself as dont want damage dart
Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk
Super easy. You'll be surprised.
Currently throwing 22g Michael Smith darts at a One80 Gladiator III board
I tried there but there seems be a good bit of resistance would this be normal

Yes they'll fit i put gold storms in my chizzy pixels, you;ll get resistance just make sure there flush with the nose of the dart, i found it harder to see hold it up to the light
On removing a point? There's usually some resistance, but not an extreme amount, it takes around two turns of the crank on my repointer.

What repointer do you have?
I have the a180 repointer tool on putting them in some resistance

You want resistance means there not gonna be loose
Ah, putting them in, should be fine, you want them in there tight.

Storms are useful because they can only go in so far, you don't want to leave a gap.
Cheers crusher was just worried incase i did damage

NO worries just take your time
You'll be a pro in no time . First set is always a little tentative .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]®[/font]

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Hi All,

I think the name Strorm is perfect for these items because ever since their launch there has been a "Storm of Controversy" as to whether they actually do anything other than perhaps aesthetically appeal to some people.

There have been countless complaints about not being able to fit them squarely or fully into a barrel. And even more about how brittle these points are and a 'plethora' of suggestions about how to remove them from barrels once snapped etc.

MY STRONG ADVICE IS, AS WITH ANY STORM, KEEP THE HELL AWAY FROM THEM

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(01-05-2017, 02:56 AM)Dorian Wrote: Hi All,

I think the name Strorm is perfect for these items because ever since their launch there has been a "Storm of Controversy" as to whether they actually do anything other than perhaps aesthetically appeal to some people.

There have been countless complaints about not being able to fit them squarely or fully into a barrel. And even more about how brittle these points are and a 'plethora' of suggestions about how to remove them from barrels once snapped etc.

MY STRONG ADVICE IS, AS WITH ANY STORM, KEEP THE HELL AWAY FROM THEM

Cheers

I gotta agree there
I don't fit storms into any of my darts anymore, in my experience the benefit of them is slim to none...possiblyyy adds an extra day or 2 onto the lifespan of a flight, but that could just be some kinda trippy placebo effect sorta thing. Either way flights are cheap enough to buy and snapped points are annoying enough to remove...I know which one I'd rather go for
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I disagree with them not helping, yes some have had breaks or dont fit but there's many posts how to fix if they dont , but i've seen some ones that haven't been fitted proper either, i use L-style flights i used 2 sets all last season of darts so for me they work, it's like everything in darts everyone has different experiences with different things, use what you like and what works for you, all you can do is read what people say about things and decide for yourself

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Storm points fitting Red Dragon Darts B45ch1 2 520 01-01-2021, 03:13 AM
Last Post: B45ch1
  Storm points Chappers 27 1,429 08-15-2019, 05:38 AM
Last Post: GRUMPS
  Storm vs. Storm Nano on Carrera C12's Curtis8976 9 589 04-11-2019, 06:20 PM
Last Post: The Runner
  Alternative to storm points? MariusOveras 18 1,455 04-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  Target Storm Points - Fizban 14 2,051 03-14-2019, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Kts365
  Storm Points yay or nay? marcusambler 83 11,353 01-10-2019, 11:04 PM
Last Post: dervish
  Target Storm Points black coating quality Narbennarr 9 1,103 09-22-2018, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Rod Dogg
  Target-darts.co.uk Storm Points Fizban 18 1,059 09-20-2018, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Fizban
  coating-durability-Target-Storm-points-Nano FelixDarter180 7 1,102 08-23-2018, 11:01 AM
Last Post: FelixDarter180
Thumbs Up Would storm points fit my Peter Wright PL15’s? B3NC4V3 8 1,204 06-27-2018, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Fizban