Double Top Darts.

Critique my throw
Smile 
First of all would just like to apologise to anyone offended by the music in the original link, I have re uploaded the video without the music  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I've seen a few people on here do this so here goes-
Please feel free to leave any advice or pointers or whatever you may have.
Link to the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKwVUwssoXw
Thanks.
21g Harrows Fire
Just as another point -  I stand just slightly to the right of centre of the oche
21g Harrows Fire
Hand going to side is most obvious
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-04-2017, 08:44 PM)Troll Wrote: Hand going to side is most obvious

On moving my arm/body to the left I can't seem to stop it. Tried different oche positions, throwing speed etc. but I just cant seem to stop it from happening. If I'm deliberately trying to stay straight I'll go into the one every time. I've moved slightly to the right to facilitate this so it doesnt affect me too much but I'd rather get rid of it asap. Any pointers on that or is it just something I'll have to live with?
Cheers

21g Harrows Fire
Not sure how your darts are landing or grouping but I did notice that in the side view you seem to be creeping closer to the board on each throw. There is a good object behind your head to see the forward motion. Also, on your last throw it looks like you are both throwing and heading towards the board to retrieve your darts at the same time. Just my 2 cents.
(01-04-2017, 10:51 PM)lthrneck Wrote: Not sure how your darts are landing or grouping but I did notice that in the side view you seem to be creeping closer to the board on each throw. There is a good object behind your head to see the forward motion. Also, on your last throw it looks like you are both throwing and heading towards the board to retrieve your darts at the same time. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks bud I did notice about the last dart and lunging forwards as I step toward the board and as you say I need to try to keep as still as I can every throw. Problem is when I'm consciously thinking about the mechanics of my throw while throwing, my performance level does drop which gets my confidence down and gets me frustrated so I need to figure out a way I can work on my throw without suffering as a result.
21g Harrows Fire
Could do without the music- sorry gonna have to delete the links - to racist and the language is really bad bud. Your new so gonna take it easy on you, redo your post without the music. Thanks
Saber
(01-04-2017, 11:20 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Could do without the music- sorry gonna have to delete the links - to racist and the language is really bad bud.

do you want me to mute the music and reupload it?
21g Harrows Fire
(01-04-2017, 11:24 PM)liam_winnard Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 11:20 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Could do without the music- sorry gonna have to delete the links - to racist and the language is really bad bud.

do you want me to mute the music and reupload it?

That would be fine.
Hello Liam,

That lateral shift is a bit excessive.  Barney does the same, but very minimal.  
May I suggest two things to start with, first get your dog hand/left hand up a bit more.  Having it way down like that is problematic in your balance.
Second, try moving your left/back foot a wee bit to your left.  Think of your back foot as a rudder, changing its placement a touch may help with that lateral move so you're more balanced.
All the best with it and let us know how your throw is progressing. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-05-2017, 12:30 AM)Great White North Wrote: Hello Liam,

That lateral shift is a bit excessive.  Barney does the same, but very minimal.  
May I suggest two things to start with, first get your dog hand/left hand up a bit more.  Having it way down like that is problematic in your balance.
Second, try moving your left/back foot a wee bit to your left.  Think of your back foot as a rudder, changing its placement a touch may help with that lateral move so you're more balanced.
All the best with it and let us know how your throw is progressing. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks for the advice I'll definitely give those a crack
21g Harrows Fire
(01-05-2017, 12:37 AM)liam_winnard Wrote: Thanks for the advice I'll definitely give those a crack

No worries, try not to think too much however.  Try one at a time so not to over cloud the issue.
(01-04-2017, 07:52 PM)liam_winnard Wrote: First of all would just like to apologise to anyone offended by the music in the original link, I have re uploaded the video without the music  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks.

OK young man firstly a lot of what you're doing is good and consistent i.e
  • You are lifting the dart into a throwing position pretty vertically
  • You stance appears to give you some rigidity
  • It looks like you are bringing the dart back, prior to your forward push, in the same place etc.
However, as you throw your head moves slightly from right to left and crucially, shoulders move too, this I believe then makes your release and follow through 'skew' as seen by the product of your follow through. Its not a huge amount but any lateral movement head and shoulder-wise will be amplified as you throw.

My advice is to steady your throw a fraction(sort of lock on to the target Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) before you start your forward motion and keep your eyes GLUED to the target area throughout importantly make certain that any head movement is eliminated.

Just be conscious of the points we are making and then try some of our ideas to see if you are getting get a consistent result on the board and try to relax as your throw to make the overall style as smooth as possible.

Good luck

Best regards,

Dorian
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(01-05-2017, 01:34 AM)Dorian Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 07:52 PM)liam_winnard Wrote: First of all would just like to apologise to anyone offended by the music in the original link, I have re uploaded the video without the music  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks.

OK young man firstly a lot of what you're doing is good and consistent i.e
  • You are lifting the dart into a throwing position pretty vertically
  • You stance appears to give you some rigidity
  • It looks like you are bringing the dart back, prior to your forward push, in the same place etc.
However, as you throw your head moves slightly from right to left and crucially, shoulders move too, this I believe then makes your release and follow through 'skew' as seen by the product of your follow through. Its not a huge amount but any lateral movement head and shoulder-wise will be amplified as you throw.

My advice is to steady your throw a fraction(sort of lock on to the target Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) before you start your forward motion and keep your eyes GLUED to the target area throughout importantly make certain that any head movement is eliminated.

Just be conscious of the points we are making and then try some of our ideas to see if you are getting get a consistent result on the board and try to relax as your throw to make the overall style as smooth as possible.

Good luck

Best regards,

Dorian

Thanks for all the advice. I'll work on it and let you know how it goes
21g Harrows Fire

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginner here, please critique my throw Phopkins1988 9 695 11-15-2020, 01:34 AM
Last Post: KLFToronto
  Critique on my throw? james_fenton 7 452 12-18-2019, 06:05 PM
Last Post: james_fenton
  Critique my throw Xkyle813x 4 749 07-15-2018, 06:06 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Critique My Throw pugtato 5 859 03-03-2017, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Critique my throw Cobalt765 14 2,007 02-27-2017, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Tom12481
  Critique my throw freedom35 4 754 02-01-2017, 09:21 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  critique my slow motion dart shot..... kenstogie 2 558 01-03-2017, 12:18 AM