Target Darts.

Which stems and flights
Hi guys I've recently ordered some mckicks mega grip 22g darts after the thread going on my old set over the years....just wondering which stems and flight system people would recommend as I'm getting annoyed with the Robin Hood and the odd shaft snap after a bad bounce out .....I'm currently using medium nylon shafts nothing special with standard flights ...thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you use punched flights? Punched flights and nylon shafts (I can recommend either Designa durable nylons or Target Pro Grips) with Target titanim rings is a robinhoodproof combo.
(01-04-2017, 07:27 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Do you use punched flights? Punched flights and nylon shafts (I can recommend either Designa durable nylons or Target Pro Grips) with Target titanim rings is a robinhoodproof combo.

Hi mate thankyou for your response I'm currently using Unpunched flights just a really basic set up so thinking of getting with the times and trying out the technology on offer

You have to try different stuff to see what works best for you there's no 100% robinhood proof some stuff may work better then others, and target rings aren't robinhood proof you can stick a dart in those
I didn't mean it like anything would be 100% indestructible.  However, no doubts the titanium rings are good help here. Even if you hit it and the dart stays in it is very likely that no tang breaks.

What is more, if you prefer flights not poping off too often than you will appreciate it. It hold flights much better than the common springs. Well, I guess the Unicorn Gripper II advocates might see it otherwise :-)
(01-04-2017, 07:49 PM)elevendarter Wrote: I didn't mean it like anything would be 100% indestructible.  However, no doubts the titanium rings are good help here. Even if you hit it and the dart stays in it is very likely that no tang breaks.

What is more, if you prefer flights not poping off too often than you will appreciate it. It hold flights much better than the common springs. Well, I guess the Unicorn Gripper II advocates might see it otherwise :-)

Cheers guys much appreciated I think I'm going to try the cosmo fit shaft and flight setup and the Lstyle kit with the champagne ring

(01-04-2017, 08:12 PM)Nikw13 Wrote: Cheers guys much appreciated I think I'm going to try the cosmo fit shaft and flight setup and the Lstyle kit with the champagne ring

Ok, it sounds like you're after some fancy change :-) I use cosmo system as well. And a few friends of mine went into the L Style system and they're very happy with that as well. Cosmo is quite expensive (L Style too) and I had problem with breaking too many shafts. I am having many fall outs during the game and it is a problem. I don't think these shafts would snap while landing in the dartboard but floor is its enemy. I invested also into the Carbon ones and managed to break some anyway. Then I bought the heavier metal Super Duralumin ones (Normal spinners, 18mm) but I think I should have better bought the slim vesrion as it would be lighter and therefore better for me. As of now I practice with nylons and punched flights...
Check out the Winmau Whizlock System....and Target Pro Grip spin shafts ,,no more robinhood,,, and much cheaper than L-style or Cosmo Fit Gear ,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Theres also the Winmau Stealth and Harrows Clic.
Thanks for your recommendations lads I'll check them all out and get back to you

Have a look at the Intelite system that you can get from darts corner, I have been using this system on some of my sets of darts and I can't praise it enough.
Its impossible to get robin hoods and your flights will not come of until you take them off, I've not had a flight come off in over a year of using the system.

It really is a fantastic set up and the stems look brilliant when on, also the stems move when an incoming dart hits another darts stem which helps to stop deflections.
My darts: Bulls Radar 25g, Harrows Aero 24g, Harrows I.C.E. 26g, Target Distinction 23g, Target Distinction Pixel Grip 24g, Target Phil Taylor Power9 24g, Target Phil Taylor Zero-9Five 26g, Unicorn Jamie Cavern Maestro 25g, Unicorn Neon 2 25g, Unicorn Phil Taylor Purist 24g, Unicorn Raymond Van Barneyveld Black Star 24g, Winmau Jeff Smith 25g, Winmau Navigator Plus 23g, Winmau Simon Whitlock Gold 24g,

180s: Total (21l 180s 2016 (18l 180s 2017 (3)
Boards: Winmau Blade 4 Dual Core

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How important are stems and flights? Westy182 20 843 04-28-2021, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Westy182
  Does the color of your stems and flights really make a difference? *Saber* 53 15,421 09-20-2020, 05:32 PM
Last Post: LethalEagle
  One80 Vice stems & L Style flights Chappers 8 966 02-19-2020, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Chappers
  Cosmo Fit Gear (Stems & Flights) Curtis8976 2 420 08-07-2019, 06:29 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  How do you insert flights into aluminum stems? jwiere03 12 2,648 08-15-2018, 08:44 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  What stems suit these flights? DanGoldsmith180 4 1,098 11-12-2016, 05:32 AM
Last Post: DanGoldsmith180
  Back to normal stems/flights GOLGO-13 17 4,073 07-19-2015, 01:39 AM
Last Post: GOLGO-13
  What size stems should I use with kite flights? DanGoldsmith180 15 5,458 02-20-2015, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Fred-180