Shot Darts

A decent Average for a Pub League
At what level, if any is a steady average to play in a Local team?

40+
50+
60+

?
Board: Blade 5

Darts: Harrows ICE 26g - Target Colin Lloyd 23g

A good pub player is 50+. But don't worry about averages, get out there and have a go.

At any level.

With steady 60+ you'd be one of the best .-)
Im aiming to get to a decent level at home before I venture out and try to play competitively keeping roughly the same I do at home. Obviously nerves people watching etc will come into effect to. Currently just played my best match on pro-darter averaging 47.42. Which im quite happy with after playing regular again for the past couple of weeks or so. Trying out Flight School too to get that help
Board: Blade 5

Darts: Harrows ICE 26g - Target Colin Lloyd 23g

To be honest better mindset is clincher in pub darts.
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Go and play when the team are practicing, if you are good enough you will know as they will ask you to join the team.
Current Board 
Blade 5 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Go play and see, home avg doesn't mean anything if you can throw 80 plus at home then go play in a league and throw 35 avg, you need to expierience it to see how you will do
(01-03-2017, 11:24 PM)Leetaylor17 Wrote: Im aiming to get to a decent level at home before I venture out and try to play competitively keeping roughly the same I do at home. Obviously nerves people watching etc will come into effect to. Currently just played my best match on pro-darter averaging 47.42. Which im quite happy with after playing regular again for the past couple of weeks or so. Trying out Flight School too to get that help

You spoke the truth when you said playing in a public place, in competition has the ability to unnerve a player a bit.    It is only human nature to feel a bit of nerves playing in league for the first time against others and having the team count on you to do your best.   But the truth is, you'll put more pressure on yourself to do well than your teammates will in all likelihood.

Just go out and enjoy yourself and relax and the darts will come around.

Edited to add this: I see you are in the UK. If leagues there are like the ones I've been associated with over the years, there are different divisions that offer players of different skill levels an even playing field to compete. Our local league has 4 such divisions====Platinum being the highest, then Gold, Silver and finally Bronze. Most new, or inexperienced players usually start in Bronze or Silver divisions and advance from there as they get more comfortable with league play and their skills increase.
Pub League averages will vary from place to place as well depending on how serious they take it....as said above, try pop in during a match or when practicing and you'll get an idea....experience is a big factor too so I would say give it a go and if your not at the level needed just yet it will give you the motivation to keep practicing Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I found on a return to playing darts that playing against myself at home bore any resemblance to playing at a bar or where ever,& later in the team, as said find a local club/team & ask if you could have a game/practice before the match starts, or after if any of the members will give you a game, I think you will find as I did it's a chalk/cheese thing from playing at home + you will more than likely receive help/ encouragement from the team players & you will soon find your level of play.One thing I would advise is show you are rthere to play /advance your skill & not just for the beer we have had a couple of this type & the lads soon get fed up of spending time trying to help someone who doesn't want to be helped
Most teams will welcome you with open arms if you are prepared to turn up every week, to be honest.

I was playing for a team as a rank beginner, literally two months after I picked up a dart. I was terrible. I played every week and got better.

It always makes a good impression if you offer to mark a few games as well Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I average 75 at home, 55 in league, the pressure of a match and people watching certainly tells

as all others have said, go give it a go, people play in my team who cant hit anything for toffee, we dont care as its lust a laugh
Totally agree with the comments above, and I think any standard of player can find a team/league that suits them.

Often pubs/clubs will have more than one team, so if you roll up and see the boys slotting ton after ton, there is every chance they are the A team and will have a second team round the corner hitting 26's for fun (I fall into the latter category).

But the fun or being part of a team, coupled with a win here and there, is the most important part for many players, not just the averages.

Good luck!
(01-04-2017, 03:46 PM)NickB Wrote: Totally agree with the comments above, and I think any standard of player can find a team/league that suits them.

Often pubs/clubs will have more than one team, so if you roll up and see the boys slotting ton after ton, there is every chance they are the A team and will have a second team round the corner hitting 26's for fun (I fall into the latter category).

But the fun or being part of a team, coupled with a win here and there, is the most important part for many players, not just the averages.

Good luck!

Well said NickB.     I'd just like to add that if you find a team to play on, be a team player and not some prima donna like I've witnessed too many times in leagues I've been involved in.    If you show up one night and it's not going well, sit out, score, cheer on your mates in their matches.    I've seen players that lose a game and want to play every match they can be put in just to try to avenge the loss and up their averages-------then lose again and hurt the team.

I'm not saying you're that guy, but be aware they are out there and can drag a team down.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World record Average match where’s the video Dorian 2 303 02-17-2020, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Dorian
  What's your average and years playing? dave115 23 1,693 01-28-2020, 11:49 PM
Last Post: StaafMan
  3 dart average Casey1979 10 1,264 08-18-2019, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Baloos
  Lowest average you've seen posted by a Pro? Entropy92 5 781 08-05-2019, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Entropy92
  Your Average Approx and Months/Years you are playing GONKO 9 641 05-05-2019, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LethalEagle
  Can the average joe really make it in darts? impaler1991 25 2,003 01-12-2019, 06:25 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  How long to get decent? Sunny 12 1,312 01-06-2019, 06:37 AM
Last Post: Bull
  Decent couple of legs in the league tonight..... Doubledouble 3 444 11-18-2018, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Doubledouble
  Inexpensive "Bullet" Style Darts with decent grip BritpopCam 19 3,320 03-11-2018, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Gotanypop
  Game average Lutersek 6 1,369 02-03-2018, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Lutersek