Darts Buddy

Hello from Essex
Hi All.

Just a quick intro. Jonesy from Essex here (originally North London). Came here from another darts forum that just disappeared recently. I didn't post much but enjoyed all the hints and tips to try to improve my game. Was a very friendly place and it looks friendly here too. Browsed a few darts forums prior to this one and 'friendly' is not how I would describe them. 

I threw a 27g bomb for 30+ yrs but changed to a 21g last year as I was suffering from dry skin and couldn't maintain the grip. Throw is very similar to the great John Lowe but Bristow will always be number 1 for me. 

Can't say I follow any particular Pro these days, though I did enjoy MVG's victory the other night. He really is awesome. I would have liked Chisnall to have become world champ though. Maybe next year?

I had a chance throw with a set of MVG Mighty Generation last summer at a local club I sometimes play at (for fun.... not team) and was blown away by how sweet they flew compared to my regulars. They were either 21 or 23g. 1st throw 2 bulls and a 25, 2nd throw 100 (but on the wire). The guy immediately took them back! Was probably complete 'new dart syndrome' and wouldn't repeat itself but I've promised myself a set of these 2nd hand (can't warrant the new price)

Anyway, happy to be back on a darts forum again.

Jonesy.
Hello Jonesy, welcome aboard the Nutz forum. :hithere:
Welcome to the Nutz- make yourself at home here in the forum.  There's a great bunch of Nutz who know their stuff here.

Again, welcome to the forum!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome aboard Jonesy...good to have you here, the new dart syndrome can be a curse (and an expensive one at that Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome!
Hello jonesy. Welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..
Welcome to Dartsnutz, you will find it a friendly place to catch all the help and advice you need
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Thanks chaps (and Chappesses?)

Already seeing plenty of familiar names, although they won't recognise me.
Welcome,,,,Enjoy,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome, Jonesy! Definitely a friendly bunch here! Enjoy!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
welcome to DNF!
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Hello and Welcome to Darts Nutz Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Member previously known as Daveheald

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Howdy from Essex mattyboy711 21 1,889 05-20-2017, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Titan