Shot Darts

Datadart and Target Storm points... doesn't fit
Sad 
Hi there

I just want to find out, I bought a set of Datadart Black darts and a set of Target Storm Points to fit to them, but after removing the points from the darts, I tried to install the Target points but it seems they wont go in? After checking the diameter of the points compared, I noticed that the Datadart original point is 2.3mm and the Target part that goes in the dart is 2.35mm... is this still supposed to be pressed in? or is it just not gonna fit? and if not, what can I do?

any response will be greatly appreciated.

thanks everyone
You could try to gently rough up the sides of the storm point to fit
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
its a problem with various points and darts. You mean need to file them down a little, I would not force them in.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Is it then not better to rather find out exactly what size drill bit I need to drill out the fronts so the Target points can fit in rather than filing or milling down the points every time? this is ridiculous actually if you ask me,. why would this information not be displayed so we know what points will fit what darts? I mean really..

anyone here know what size drill I need for the hole? I have a buddy with a lathe, so it can be done properly...
Not sure of exact measurements,but from experience they can be tight on some models but I wouldn't force them to much as you can bend barrels...I think there was a thread on here on info of which darts the points fit and don't fit but I can't just put my finger on it ...I think the issues were more to do with depth rather than width as well

Sone might remember the thread and dig up a link
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'd be inclined if you have access to a grinder, to grind a small amount off.
If you have a local friendly key maker, he may maybe able to do it for you at minimal cost? Would only take 5 minutes and he probably has better touch for it than you would.
Just push them in with a little bit of grease, don't grind or file them.
Custom Made Darts
E-Mail: info@custommadedarts.com

Facebook - Custom Made Darts
Twitter - Custom Made Darts
Instagram - custommadedarts

(01-03-2017, 10:10 PM)MadHouse Darts Wrote: Just push them in with a little bit of grease, don't grind or file them.

Dude.. lol. they are 0.05mm thicker than the original points.. so you really think I should take such a chance.. Tungsten is one of the hardest materials, Im almost certain the barrel would crack! even if it sounds like minimal difference.. I sent a mail to both Target as well as Datadart.. Im hoping to receive a response soon.. 

also what I have noticed is, since the target points did not want to go in, I decided to put back the original points, I made sure they went in all the way, but now the one point is quite noticeably shorter than the other 2.. so the one barrel's point went in deeper than the other 2.. WTF! I am now more upset.
Sometimes I had to really put some force on my repointer to get a point in certain barrels, never broke anything.

Just pull the shorter point out slightly or push the others further in to fix your newly acquired problem.

Also Madhouse probably know what they are talking about....
I have put storm points in dozens of darts... most are tight.
Definitely just push them in... a little grease will help for sure. If you are using your repointing tool properly, there is very little risk.
100% DO NOT file a storm point. If you can crack tungsten with a cast storm point... you are a special mutant type of human.

I would also trust any and all dart advice from Madhouse Darts without hesitation

You could just buy a set of Tornado points as they are slightly thinner than the storm points
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(01-03-2017, 10:34 PM)Henniebrandweer Wrote:
(01-03-2017, 10:10 PM)MadHouse Darts Wrote: Just push them in with a little bit of grease, don't grind or file them.

Dude.. lol. they are 0.05mm thicker than the original points.. so you really think I should take such a chance.. Tungsten is one of the hardest materials, Im almost certain the barrel would crack! even if it sounds like minimal difference.. I sent a mail to both Target as well as Datadart.. Im hoping to receive a response soon.. 

also what I have noticed is, since the target points did not want to go in, I decided to put back the original points, I made sure they went in all the way, but now the one point is quite noticeably shorter than the other 2.. so the one barrel's point went in deeper than the other 2.. WTF! I am now more upset.
We've never cracked a barrel by installing Target Storms, they're tight, but the grease helps a lot.
Custom Made Darts
E-Mail: info@custommadedarts.com

Facebook - Custom Made Darts
Twitter - Custom Made Darts
Instagram - custommadedarts

(01-03-2017, 10:34 PM)Henniebrandweer Wrote:

@ Madhouse Darts, have you perhaps repointed the datadart darts with the storm points before? or maybe had similar situations before?
(01-03-2017, 10:44 PM)Jugger Wrote: I have put storm points in dozens of darts... most are tight.
Definitely just push them in... a little grease will help for sure.  If you are using your repointing tool properly, there is very little risk.
100% DO NOT file a storm point.  If you can crack tungsten with a cast storm point... you are a special mutant type of human.

I would also trust any and all dart advice from Madhouse Darts without hesitation

Well in that case, I think I can try this, and apologies if I offended anyone, not my intention, im just so afraid as this is my brand new set of darts..

I will try and post a pic or two of the issue when the points are removed.. I also noticed the barrels had a little lip on the inside of the point hole about a mm or 2 to the inside.. (Difficult to explain)..

will try and take a pic tomorrow
I have personally repointed Datadart CT and Datadart Jennos with Storm points. I don't remember any issue with the CTs but the Jennos were tight... I got them in thought, no grease... other than elbow grease.

Hindsight... I should have used some grease

Ok so do you reccon the Datadart Blacks will be thesame.. I guess.. Eish.. Ok so let me then try again tomorrow but with some grease. Thanks bud

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Point alternatives to the Target Storm point Westy182 6 300 04-29-2021, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Westy182
  De zwaan contender storm points J4ck 0 156 03-09-2021, 08:43 PM
Last Post: J4ck
  Target Diamond Laser Points - 38mm Alternatives portsetonloyal 2 189 03-05-2021, 11:38 PM
Last Post: JerseyJon
  Target Storm Points on Nathan Aspinall 22g B45ch1 10 950 09-04-2020, 01:06 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Datadart ghost points jordanhopper180 1 265 05-30-2020, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Bøff
  Target Swiss Points A quick look and my thoughts Getagrip 77 8,420 11-03-2019, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Dorian
  Longer than 30mm Storm/Tornado/Trident Points? Chris Nygaard 1 360 10-10-2019, 10:10 AM
Last Post: bk123456
  Target Storm Grip Points 30mm - dimensions and weight? mad 7 3,134 10-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Chris Nygaard
  Target firestorm onyx points? Jimmyp 2 896 02-27-2019, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Jimmyp
  Storm points- what is the "point" Nikw13 41 7,458 10-05-2018, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Scooter916