Harrows Darts.

new gripper darts
I have today brought the new unicorn gripper 25g Darts they cost £26.95. i used unicorn gripper 26gram the old type  up until today but the zig zag grip just meant my grip wadnt the same as i had no reference point and they slid out my hands regular. Anyway i have used the darts today tried them in shop seemed good grip for me as i rest my middle finger on the join of the barrel and point they have grip there for me. I have set them up same as i did my others with pear flights. I have posted a few pics fir you to have a look if anyone has any question or wants to know abput them i will be happy to answer. As for my first 45mins practice i like tje grip but my consistancy is not there yet i hope with more time it will come.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Well done!

A great upgrade in grip from knurl... that's for sure!

I was just going to suggest those on the other thread, as the tapered nose may solve your throw issues. They are a good, solid dart, enjoy!
Thanks guys. Yeah i have got the straight barrelled but seem good too. Just wondered can you sharpen them without scratching the grip of the upper point? Or do they need repointing?
Nice looking darts - and they should be ok to sharpen and scuff up the points, you don't need to scuff too far up the point so they stay in the board
Fine set of darts, let us know how you get on with them.

Cheers
Tez
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
(01-03-2017, 05:29 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Nice looking darts - and they should be ok to sharpen and scuff up the points, you don't need to scuff too far up the point so they stay in the board

Thanks brilliant, i suppose you only need to sharpen around 3mm or so just where they actually penetrate the board.
(01-03-2017, 06:07 PM)Tez Tickle Wrote: Fine set of darts, let us know how you get on with them.

Cheers
Tez

Cheers Tez i sure will let you know they feel good as i say i just need to get used to them to get consistancy
(01-03-2017, 06:37 PM)clem1995 Wrote:
(01-03-2017, 05:29 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Nice looking darts - and they should be ok to sharpen and scuff up the points, you don't need to scuff too far up the point so they stay in the board

Thanks brilliant, i suppose you only need to sharpen around 3mm or so just where they actually penetrate the board.

There's a few threads on this... but most people would suggest never actually "sharpening" your points at all.

Scuffing them up to let them grip the sisal better is one thing, but actually sharpening is unnecessary unless you need to fix a burr that you got on a bounce out or something.

Good job, hopefully they will help you out Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-03-2017, 06:40 PM)Jugger Wrote:
(01-03-2017, 06:37 PM)clem1995 Wrote:

There's a few threads on this... but most people would suggest never actually "sharpening" your points at all.

Scuffing them up to let them grip the sisal better is one thing, but actually sharpening is unnecessary unless you need to fix a burr that you got on a bounce out or something.

Oh right i see i shall have a look on the threads then the correct way as i have been guilty in the past of sharpening. Thanks very much
(01-03-2017, 04:48 PM)clem1995 Wrote: I have today brought the new unicorn gripper 25g Darts they cost £26.95. i used unicorn gripper 26gram the old type  up until today but the zig zag grip just meant my grip wadnt the same as i had no reference point and they slid out my hands regular. Anyway i have used the darts today tried them in shop seemed good grip for me as i rest my middle finger on the join of the barrel and point they have grip there for me. I have set them up same as i did my others with pear flights. I have posted a few pics fir you to have a look if anyone has any question or wants to know abput them i will be happy to answer. As for my first 45mins practice i like tje grip but my consistancy is not there yet i hope with more time it will come.

Hey, you got your new babies already! 

CONGRATULATIONS!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Wished Unicorn still produced them in double threaded barrels. Lovely darts!
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
After playing admittingly a short time with them i couldn't seem to group them they seem too thick i wish i tried a thinner barrel like my old ones are. I have since gone back to my old and seem to be back okay but still in 5 often i can't seem to prevent this. Any tips?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn Gripper 1 . Bounce Out 13 2,699 03-30-2017, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Red'75™