Target Darts.

2017 Lakeside Worlds Darts Championship Discussion Thread...
I thought that the PDC offered the winner of the BDO Championship a tour card
(01-15-2017, 10:22 PM)Robb Moore Wrote: I thought that the PDC offered the winner of the BDO Championship a tour card

They used to offer a tour card for the semi-finalists of Lakeside, but not anymore. That's how Bunting and Hankey switched I believe. Barry Hearn confirmed on twitter that Durrant has to do Q-School if he intends to join the PDC.
(01-15-2017, 10:33 PM)Phenohyte Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 10:22 PM)Robb Moore Wrote: I thought that the PDC offered  the  winner of the BDO Championship a tour card

They used to offer a tour card for the semi-finalists of Lakeside, but not anymore. That's how Bunting and Hankey switched I believe. Barry Hearn confirmed on twitter that Durrant has to do Q-School if he intends to join the PDC.

I see I didn't know that PDC have stopped it
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Congrats to Duzza on winning the title at last: he was gutted when he missed the final last year & as DBT20 said, the pressure was really on him as he was expected to win. His having to go through Q School seems unfair. We all know PDC is a different level but I think winning the BDO title should be enough: he's done something plenty of the PDC guys wished they'd done....& to me, shows Barry Hearns' continuing lack of respect for BDO & their players. I agree with others on this thread that Lakeside was entertaining this year & some great darts were thrown ...Just not as consistently as PDC boys. It would be a sad day if it loses its media status & we were just left with MVG etc. If you love darts, both have their place....I would love to see a return of local darts on regional TV....Remember "Double Top", Grip?!
  • Back in the game after 25 years..... Growing collection of brass & tungsten: So many darts, so little time....
Congrats to Duzza. The romantic in me hopes that he stays and defends his title but of course he has to do what is best for him.

Overall I think the tournament was a success and Channel 4's coverage upped the standard considerably from the way BBC were doing it. Way more professional than it used to be.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

(01-16-2017, 07:53 AM)Little Hutch Wrote: Congrats to Duzza on winning the title at last: he was gutted when he missed the final last year & as DBT20 said, the pressure was really on him as he was expected to win. His having to go through Q School seems unfair. We all know PDC is a different level but I think winning the BDO title should be enough: he's done something plenty of the PDC guys wished they'd done....& to me, shows Barry Hearns' continuing lack of respect for BDO & their players. I agree with others on this thread that Lakeside was entertaining this year & some great darts were thrown ...Just not as consistently as PDC boys. It would be a sad day if it loses its media status & we were just left with MVG etc. If you love darts, both have their place....I would love to see a return of local darts on regional TV....Remember "Double Top", Grip?!

Well I don't really understand this argument. Durrant is a BDO World Champion, and most people think he's top 16 or top 32 PDC material. That means he should have absolutely no trouble going through Q-School. The most notable BDO switchers such as Norris, Wilson, Green, De Graaf, all managed to get a tour card with ease, and Glen is easily a class above them.

The PDC doesn't really need Durrant, he would be a fine addition, but it's not like they desperately need him to go over. If Duzza somehow fails at Q-School, it's a perfect statement for the PDC and a big blow to some delusional BDO fans. If he gets the tour card, then there's no problem.

Lack of respect you say? Well, possibly, but in my view, it's more the other way around. It seems to me that the BDO and its certain players and officials are anti-PDC. Don't forget that the PDC puts up a tournament each year, providing extreme prize money and a minimum of 3 games on TV for the BDO players. Of course they are doing this for their own good, but if the GS stopped or excluded the BDO players, it would be a low blow to the organisation.
Well spoken Phenohyte.

The time has changed. There was a time BDO and PDC were on the same level and competitors. And it was a sweet success for the PDC to get the last Lakeside champion. But today the BDO do not have that class anymore. Durrant is "nice to have" but no need.

Please do not read this as a kind of disrespect against the BDO players, i'm sure a lot of them do not want the professional way, because it is a high risk. But the highest level, seen from the sportiv side, is played at the PDC.

But i'm OT. Congrats to Duzza, i think the best two players made the final and the better one won.
Beginner.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My little darts collection

180th: 14x
Highfinishes: 118 (20 T20 D19), 112 (T20 12 D20), 108 (T20 16 D16), 102 (T20 10 D16), 110 (T19 17 D18), 101 (T17 B)
The leg of my life: 12 Darts (T20 T20 T20 20 ( :s no 9darter Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) T20 20 20 T20 T20 T20 5 D8) 

(01-16-2017, 10:00 AM)Phenohyte Wrote:
(01-16-2017, 07:53 AM)Little Hutch Wrote: Congrats to Duzza on winning the title at last: he was gutted when he missed the final last year & as DBT20 said, the pressure was really on him as he was expected to win. His having to go through Q School seems unfair. We all know PDC is a different level but I think winning the BDO title should be enough: he's done something plenty of the PDC guys wished they'd done....& to me, shows Barry Hearns' continuing lack of respect for BDO & their players. I agree with others on this thread that Lakeside was entertaining this year & some great darts were thrown ...Just not as consistently as PDC boys. It would be a sad day if it loses its media status & we were just left with MVG  etc. If you love darts, both have their place....I would love to see a return of local darts on regional TV....Remember "Double Top", Grip?!

Well I don't really understand this argument. Durrant is a BDO World Champion, and most people think he's top 16 or top 32 PDC material. That means he should have absolutely no trouble going through Q-School. The most notable BDO switchers such as Norris, Wilson, Green, De Graaf, all managed to get a tour card with ease, and Glen is easily a class above them.

The PDC doesn't really need Durrant, he would be a fine addition, but it's not like they desperately need him to go over. If Duzza somehow fails at Q-School, it's a perfect statement for the PDC and a big blow to some delusional BDO fans. If he gets the tour card, then there's no problem.

Lack of respect you say? Well, possibly, but in my view, it's more the other way around. It seems to me that the BDO and its certain players and officials are anti-PDC. Don't forget that the PDC puts up a tournament each year, providing extreme prize money and a minimum of 3 games on TV for the BDO players. Of course they are doing this for their own good, but if the GS stopped or excluded the BDO players, it would be a low blow to the organisation.
Don't disagree with anything you say....& while I don't know the full history of the split I do think the BDO need to move on as well .....I'd just like to see a reconciliation between the two camps instead of reinforcing the divide.
  • Back in the game after 25 years..... Growing collection of brass & tungsten: So many darts, so little time....
(01-16-2017, 07:53 AM)Little Hutch Wrote: Congrats to Duzza on winning the title at last: he was gutted when he missed the final last year & as DBT20 said, the pressure was really on him as he was expected to win. His having to go through Q School seems unfair. We all know PDC is a different level but I think winning the BDO title should be enough: he's done something plenty of the PDC guys wished they'd done....& to me, shows Barry Hearns' continuing lack of respect for BDO & their players. I agree with others on this thread that Lakeside was entertaining this year & some great darts were thrown ...Just not as consistently as PDC boys. It would be a sad day if it loses its media status & we were just left with MVG  etc. If you love darts, both have their place....I would love to see a return of local darts on regional TV....Remember "Double Top", Grip?!

That would be nice to see actually, they could even just do an half hour round up of all County games, would at least give some exposure to the players and get their names recognized and may be breed a bit more interest Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-09-2017, 04:36 PM)Phenohyte Wrote:
(01-09-2017, 04:26 PM)Kosumo Wrote: I thought Harbour might have thrown that one when he went bull second dart on 142 instead of T20 to leave 22, the lie was great for it. Caldwell turned up for a while after that but happy Dennis managed to get it back! Some questionable outshot choices at times in that match though. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I hate it when people go for the bull on 82 with 2 darts in hand. In fact, all illogical outshot selections anger me. Sometimes there are outshots where you truly have the choice, like 91-95, but in this case, one should simply play the percentage shot, T20 for D11 or T14 for tops. These mistakes could cost legs, thus matches, ranking points and prize money.

Bit delayed, but I think I disagree with this. Bull gives 32 obviously which is great, but a miss into 25 then gives you a single dart to set up a double. 

Going T20 or T14 means if you miss, you've then only got a single dart for bull, which is miles smaller than any double. I'd go bull there everytime.
(03-17-2017, 09:49 PM)nobleguy Wrote:
(01-09-2017, 04:26 PM)Kosumo Wrote: I thought Harbour might have thrown that one when he went bull second dart on 142 instead of T20 to leave 22, the lie was great for it. Caldwell turned up for a while after that but happy Dennis managed to get it back! Some questionable outshot choices at times in that match though. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I hate it when people go for the bull on 82 with 2 darts in hand. In fact, all illogical outshot selections anger me. Sometimes there are outshots where you truly have the choice, like 91-95, but in this case, one should simply play the percentage shot, T20 for D11 or T14 for tops. These mistakes could cost legs, thus matches, ranking points and prize money.

Bit delayed, but I think I disagree with this. Bull gives 32 obviously which is great, but a miss into 25 then gives you a single dart to set up a double. 

Going T20 or T14 means if you miss, you've then only got a single dart for bull, which is miles smaller than any double. I'd go bull there everytime.

Think you misunderstood this a little bit, I was on about 82 with 2 darts in hand. 3 darts in hand I'd choose the bull route as well.
Welcome to the forum by the way Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(03-17-2017, 10:01 PM)Phenohyte Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 09:49 PM)nobleguy Wrote:

Think you misunderstood this a little bit, I was on about 82 with 2 darts in hand. 3 darts in hand I'd choose the bull route as well.
Welcome to the forum by the way Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Ah yes...as you can see I find it difficult reading things properly sometimes  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Good start eh...?  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lakeside World Championships 2018 mc1958 522 47,341 01-17-2018, 02:50 AM
Last Post: Banz
  Lakeside 2018 ... who's your tip. Cooper84 26 3,282 01-11-2018, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Mike HermThe
  Lakeside 2018 mc1958 32 6,617 10-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mack
  Glen Durrant Wins BDO Lakeside World Professional Championship (match report) hamo 16 3,406 01-19-2017, 01:20 PM
Last Post: joeriw96
  Lakeside so poor djtrump 94 22,214 01-14-2017, 12:56 AM
Last Post: SixGun
  Lakeside 2017 TV coverage mc1958 11 7,506 12-31-2016, 08:48 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Lakeside 2017 draw mc1958 9 2,793 12-15-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Zeyes
  Lakeside 2017 player invites mc1958 42 8,049 12-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Last Post: JordWareham501
  Lakeside 2016 : Mens Championship Match Reports - Final hamo 0 843 01-10-2016, 10:35 PM
Last Post: hamo
  Lakeside 2016 : Mens Championship Match Reports - Day 8 hamo 2 941 01-10-2016, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Cosmo