Harrows Darts.

Ring grip stems
Bought some ring grip stems from red dragon. I know that they are only cheapies but when I screwed them in they didn't seem straigh. Anyone else found this and does it make any difference?
Hello Darren, welcome to the Nutz forum. :hithere:

The less expensive nylon stems like the ones you purchased at RD or the deflectagrip ones at DC at times have a wee bend.  Unless you're totally fixated on your gear being perfect it won't be any issue.  

You could go for some Target Pro-Grips, https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/index.php?...4_477_1161 or Harrows Super-Grips, https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/index.php?...34_829_487 as they're a more premium stem and shouldn't have any real issues.  

Of course nothing's perfect and if you look hard enough you may find the odd flaw. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks for the welcome. Are the supergrip more brittle than the nylon ones. They have taken my eyes but didn't want them to break of at the screw on bounce outs.
I use Pro Grips or SuperGrips almost exclusively (usually Pro Grips these days) and have only ever had one break off at the screw thread. They are a "premium" stem in terms of price so if you're not using rings/springs and are breaking the tangs a lot I would stick with the cheaper stems.
Hello and welcome aboard! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Good to have another Darren here Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darren is such a great name Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

If the stems are not straight it should not matter what you pay for them really, they are sold for darts so they should be straight.

Try some nylon deflectagrips or the new Archers Vice grip stems
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks getagrip ill have a look.
Went with supergrips and got some Harrow retina x kites to try well pleased? only thing is trying to punch the kite flights is a bit of a guess
Welcome to the Nutz.  Lots of helpful Nutz on this forum-great forum, great Nutz-as you have discovered!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome ,,,, Enjoy,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-15-2017, 10:01 PM)darren67 Wrote: Went with supergrips and got some Harrow retina x kites to try well pleased? only thing is trying to punch the kite flights is a bit of a guess

In my experience the Target Pro Grips are much better than the Harrows Supergrips. I had a few sets of Supergrip spinners and they didn't last long at all while I can't remember whether I've ever broken one Pro Grip. Cheap Designas are good as well but even I had the issue with some of them not being perfect. TBH, I much prefer the Targets as I lked the writing on them. I don't care much about those tiny imperfections because I had an issue only with about three stems out of 50...

As far as the kite flights were mentioned, yes they're harder to punch precisely, it only needs a bit of practice though. Anyway, the best way is to put the lid away of the machine, turn the machine upside down and align the flight by heart. And then you can re-fold it and re-punch if needed.
(01-16-2017, 05:17 PM)elevendarter Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 10:01 PM)darren67 Wrote: Went with supergrips and got some Harrow retina x kites to try well pleased? only thing is trying to punch the kite flights is a bit of a guess

In my experience the Target Pro Grips are much better than the Harrows Supergrips. I had a few sets of Supergrip spinners and they didn't last long at all while I can't remember whether I've ever broken one Pro Grip. Cheap Designas are good as well but even I had the issue with some of them not being perfect. TBH, I much prefer the Targets as I lked the writing on them. I don't care much about those tiny imperfections because I had an issue only with about three stems out of 50...

As far as the kite flights were mentioned, yes they're harder to punch precisely, it only needs a bit of practice though. Anyway, the best way is to put the lid away of the machine, turn the machine upside down and align the flight by heart. And then you can re-fold it and re-punch if needed.

I can 2nd this ,,,, I have had really good luck with the Target Pro Grip spinners,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
i've never had an issue with RD or DC nylon ring grip stem's not being straight, I used to snap off tangs on plastic stems but never had a stem of any kind snap near the barrel.
Would love to use carbon stems but cant see well enough to fit flights quickly so would have to take extra set's already made up
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(01-02-2017, 07:50 PM)darren67 Wrote: Bought some ring grip stems from red dragon. I know that they are only cheapies but when I screwed them in they didn't seem straigh. Anyone else found this and does it make any difference?

I bought ring grip stems from red dragon, I found that they don't hold your flight very well, the stems are straight but the flight wobbles around, they're awful. I found my accuracy went downhill fast, didn't understand what was happening, only noticed by accident that I could "roll" the flight whilst it was in the stem. Red Dragon said they would take them back, sadly I'd got rid of all the packaging and put my 50 sets in a box, they're still in there The cheap deflectagrip stems from Pure Darts are a lot better, need to buy the rings separately with those, Target's Pro Grip stems are even better.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Pinch Grip Stems Fento 4 2,183 04-05-2021, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Spangle
  L style or standard super/pro grip stems Kenny1872 7 676 09-19-2019, 10:51 PM
Last Post: italNZ
  Target's new Pro Grip stems santi 35 11,948 04-03-2018, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Blanton
  To ring or not to ring...that is the question Spygoat 11 1,216 03-21-2018, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Spygoat
  Stems - Grip, ring or normal screamer 1 632 02-07-2018, 03:35 PM
Last Post: atison
  Pixel grip stems: any experience/alternatives NiteEyez 10 2,507 11-22-2017, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Csaba Csibu Balla
  Archers Vice Grip nylon stems from Pure. Great White North 19 3,705 11-20-2016, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Does Whizlock work with Pro Grip Stems? Eyebala 5 1,596 08-26-2016, 12:07 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Herring