Darts Buddy

Constructive Criticism Please
Hi Everyone

I'm new to the forum and fairly new to darts. I have added a link to my throw and was hoping for some constructive criticism. I'm currently using flight school to try to develop my throw.

I've also included a picture of my grip. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a suitable barrel shape based on my grip.

Thanks guys 

Tom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-GPc_34JEo
One thing I noticed is that it appears you didn't complete your follow-through with the first dart as well as with the second and third. Might be my eyes deceiving me though. Rest looks good to me although I'm far from an expert Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As for the grip, there is no way to tell what barrel could suit you. You'll have to test for yourself what you think feels best. If you're looking for some cheap barrels to try out check the Designa or Nodor ranges for some test material. Darts clearance (ebay) has some great valued barrels as well.
I've noticed something absolutely horrific and totally unacceptable in your vid...
...You're watching cricket!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The only thing I notice is that you are a rear gripper. Also, based on that grip and the way you hold the dart, you might like a dart similar to Andy Hamilton or maybe a Sigma shaped barrel.

Just my 2 cents  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If the darts you are throwing are working, stick with them.
(01-02-2017, 02:02 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: One thing I noticed is that it appears you didn't complete your follow-through with the first dart as well as with the second and third. Might be my eyes deceiving me though. Rest looks good to me although I'm far from an expert Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As for the grip, there is no way to tell what barrel could suit you. You'll have to test for yourself what you think feels best. If you're looking for some cheap barrels to try out check the Designa or Nodor ranges for some test material. Darts clearance (ebay) has some great valued barrels as well.

I agree. I think I rush to get the next dart into my hand and this stops me completing my follow through. Going to try to slow down between throws.
(01-02-2017, 02:07 PM)Walker Wrote: I've noticed something absolutely horrific and totally unacceptable in your vid...
...You're watching cricket!

Guilty. Someone has to I guess!!
(01-02-2017, 02:12 PM)Nucky Wrote: The only thing I notice is that you are a rear gripper. Also, based on that grip and the way you hold the dart, you might like a dart similar to Andy Hamilton or maybe a Sigma shaped barrel.

Just my 2 cents  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If the darts you are throwing are working, stick with them.

I have 22g at the moment. Just find sometimes they don't fly true or sometimes they loop out of my hand.
Have you tried different length/type of stem & different shape/thickness of flights on your existing dart set? you might find a certain stem/flight combo suits/gives better results than others you could then as suggested buy a set/s of cheaper darts to get an idea of what shape/type suits your throw best, do you have anyone that you play with/against? if yes ask to have a throw with their darts if you think any would suit. Don't forget the "honeymoon" period with different darts some are good/better first & go South others seem to work the other way, the problem with darts is only the person involved can answer the are this set right for me & if you are like "Snakebite" it will probably cost a fair bit of cash to satisfy you If you stick around the forum & get 50 posts you can possibly swap if you have a set that doesn't suit that way works out cheaper than having to purchase a number of sets
Can't really say there's much wrong with your throw other then what others have said, keep practising and dont be scared to expertiment with different stems, flights, darts, etc
Your grip looks like it suits your throw just right, its very much like a forward push style, I think I would stick with straight barrel darts if I were you but may you can experiment with differing lengths and thickness of barrel.

Its not a bad idea to get a few cheap sets in a few different shapes to see how it feels though, one shape that may work other than a straight barrel is the Sigma which I see Nucky has mentioned too.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-02-2017, 04:46 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Your grip looks like it suits your throw just right, its very much like a forward push style, I think I would stick with straight barrel darts if I were you but may you can experiment with differing lengths and thickness of barrel.

Its not a bad idea to get a few cheap sets in a few different shapes to see how it feels though, one shape that may work other than a straight barrel is the Sigma which I see Nucky has mentioned too.

Cheers I'll have a look at some
(01-02-2017, 02:55 PM)Roberts7286 Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 02:02 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: One thing I noticed is that it appears you didn't complete your follow-through with the first dart as well as with the second and third. Might be my eyes deceiving me though. Rest looks good to me although I'm far from an expert Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I agree. I think I rush to get the next dart into my hand and this stops me completing my follow through. Going to try to slow down between throws.

This is what jumped out at me too, only because I am guilty of doing it.  Otherwise looks good!