Shot Darts

Slump?
Hi all. Kinda need some advice here. So recently i think i hit a 2nd slump and it is pretty sudden. i was shooting well all along and suddenly, my darts are all over the place. Bouncing out, darts fishtailing and flying to the board side ways. Accuacy gone, cant find my grip and losing to players whom i know i can win. I practice everyday for at least an hour and a half to sometimes 4hours. I can feel that my arm is kinda tired but it hasnt affect my performance to this extent before. So am i really in a slump or do i just need to take a break which i am afraid to as i have league going on. Thanks in advance Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I think a 24-48 hour break may be in order.  I've only been playing for a year or so but when I find myself "all over the place", I'll lay the arrows down for a day, maybe two and sort of let my mind reset.  Especially when I've been at the oche 2-3 hours a day for a week or more.  Also, during solo practice sessions, once I reach a point where I find myself getting sloppy, I'll stop for an hour or so then go back to it.  I usually find that I'm more focused at that point and can get past whatever obstacle I'm struggling with and my confidence is restored.  I used to play a lot of 9-ball and went through the same thing.  I now apply that to darts.  In my opinion, it's a mental thing.  Practice a crucial part of performing well but too much can be a downfall if you get too deep in your head.  That's just me.  Hope this helps and best of luck to you!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  playing myself into a slump Fabian Gysler 4 344 03-19-2020, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Fabian Gysler
  Slump! GT50 7 448 09-15-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Papa w
  Guys I think that I am in a slump. Stevepredator 5 1,169 09-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Last Post: guest2