Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

practicing darts in a club on your own
So i used to practice regular at home but with work and things i've struggled to practice even once a week. To be fair i haven't competed in a long time but i still fancy practicing and playing just as i enjoy beating what i have done before. Anyway i have found a snooker club near me that has 6 dartboards in i Was wondering would people be looking at me like a loner of i went in to practice on My own as my friends aren't really interested... i wondered how you guys practice If you can't practice at home like me?
Get down there and have a throw, who cares what others may or may not think. Advantage is that someone may want a game or two and adds to your practice session.
Ahh yeah good point! Thank you mate. I am going to browse on here for some new practice. Cheers!
Nothing wrong with practing alone outside the house, grab a dart app if you have a cell they usually have different games
Snooker clubs will have guys practicing on tables on their own so why not on a board?
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images." border="0" alt="resim" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />
I practice at local pub when no one is there too play.
I head to a local watering hole about 5-6 times a month and toss on one of their boards and will often play against the electronic scoreboard that can be programmed for 501, 301 and Cricket----each at something like 5 difficulty levels. If playing 01 on top level, you better be another MVG to have a chance to beat it.

I don't get odd looks or have people wondering if I'm strange-------------and if they did, I don't give a damn. It almost always happens that someone will come in that is also looking to throw and we wind up playing a few series to get some actual game time in on the board. Good way to meet new players and sharpen your game.

I say go for it.
I'm normally the first to arrive for matches nowadays and have a throw at the board for a good hour or so before anyone else gets there - I don't know if anyone watches me or not but to be honest I don't care, I just go through some practice routines like 121 or play some 301 DIDO games scoring in my head
Okay i think i will go for it and start practicing away there then. thanks for the confidence boost Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I personally couldn't care less about what other people think, stuff em. All the best athletes/players have practise time on their own, and if you enjoy it, then that's great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-02-2017, 12:48 AM)Great White North Wrote: Get down there and have a throw, who cares what others may or may not think.  Advantage is that someone may want a game or two and adds to your practice session.

Yes ....This 

Oh , and you'll get tired of answering the question " Who's winning " ?  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
I've done it many many times.
Great way to practice, and you never know who you'll meet.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

There is nothing wrong with solo practice out and about - I do it quite a bit as a means to guarantee I won't be bothered by some of the distractions I might have at home.
Regularly do this - I just avoid random T20 bashing it's boring. Finishing 81 and up mostly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A well rounded approach to practicing Dorian 5 515 12-25-2019, 02:46 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Practicing Doubles And Trebles..... Black Dog 13 3,944 07-20-2017, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Dave0251
  Am i practicing correctly ? steve1 18 2,581 01-28-2016, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Jaws