Harrows Darts.

Not throwing it in yet, says Taylor.
Taylor: "I'll Be Back!"
January 01 2017
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Share[/url][url=https://www.pdc.tv/news/article/74ia090ckjis1m10b9u6zblyc/title/taylor-ill-be-back#][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]0

PRINT[/font]

PHIL TAYLOR has insisted that Friday's William Hill World Darts Championship defeat to Raymond van Barneveld will not be his final Alexandra Palace appearance.

The 16-time World Champion will scale down his playing commitments in 2017 and is planning only to compete in televised ranking events which he qualifies for or is invited to compete in.

With his ranking on the main PDC Order of Merit set to secure qualification for the World Matchplay and World Grand Prix, Taylor will be set to compete in those events and invitational tournaments such as the Betway Premier League and World Series of Darts during 2017.

And despite the disappointment of his 5-3 quarter-final defeat to van Barneveld on Friday, the 56-year-old is determined to return to the World Championship stage in 12 months' time.

"I'm not quitting," said Taylor. "This has made me determined to work harder and improve and I will be back next year to give it another go.

"I'm disappointed of course because I know I can do better than that, but fair play to Raymond."

Although Taylor has dropped out of the world's top three during 2016, the sport's greatest ever player still won five tournaments, including the inaugural Unibet Champions League of Darts, a fourth successive Ladbrokes Sydney Darts Masters title and the Betway World Cup of Darts alongside Adrian Lewis for a fourth time in five years.
Don't know about dropped out of the top 3, he has dropped out of the top 5 - he's currently 6th in the OOM, and if Barney wins tonight then he drops another place. Still not far enough down to not get invites to the WSOD or PL, but if he doesn't do well in the ranking events he has qualified for then he will be lucky to get in them again in 2018 if he doesn't play any of the floor events. As for the events he won that the article quaotes, those aren't ranking events, so not sure why he is crowing about them.
(01-01-2017, 08:30 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Don't know about dropped out of the top 3, he has dropped out of the top 5 - he's currently 6th in the OOM, and if Barney wins tonight then he drops another place.  Still not far enough down to not get invites to the WSOD or PL, but if he doesn't do well in the ranking events he has qualified for then he will be lucky to get in them again in 2018 if he doesn't play any of the floor events. As for the events he won that the article quaotes, those aren't ranking events, so not sure why he is crowing about them.

It is Phillip Douglas after all, you've seen it all before Mike. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
He looked very dejected to me and very disappointed, I think his time may be over now, not saying he cant still pull off some brilliance but I think this may be his last year.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Damn!! lol

Seriously though as much as I dislike him I would bet on him to go further in future TV tournaments than say Lewis, Wade, Chizzy and even Barney. Personally I would have packed it in a couple of years ago if it was me. But if you can get a last four finish in most TV competitions then you are still picking up big bucks. Bigger than TV commentary or analysis. This must be his driving force still.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

Back to Unicorn and his Phase 5's and who knows what might happen?
(01-01-2017, 08:30 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Don't know about dropped out of the top 3, he has dropped out of the top 5 - he's currently 6th in the OOM, and if Barney wins tonight then he drops another place.  Still not far enough down to not get invites to the WSOD or PL, but if he doesn't do well in the ranking events he has qualified for then he will be lucky to get in them again in 2018 if he doesn't play any of the floor events. As for the events he won that the article quaotes, those aren't ranking events, so not sure why he is crowing about them.

I've been loving the Worlds almost 3 weeks of solid darts nearly all day and some ridiculous standards and averages. I love my darts and will watch almost anyone throwing darts (even BDO Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  only joking) but these eventa are really watering down important darts we see on TV.