Darts Buddy

Cricket
Smile 
Does anyone still play 'Cricket' the old fashioned English way.???
Using wickets(bull/outer) and scoring(+40), rather than something that doesn't
seem to bare any resemblance the the game of Cricket played on grass Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Happy New year everyone

Chris...
Sorry not me
Yes! Cricket and half-it late at night after league games have finished.
(02-07-2017, 09:39 PM)danbo Wrote: Yes! Cricket and half-it late at night after league games have finished.

I was beginning to think I must be the only guy that plays 'Cricket' the proper way danbo.
Still find it lots of fun and good practice.

Chris..
I haven't played it for probably 2 years, but it's a fun game.
(12-31-2016, 04:09 PM)chris_kn Wrote: Does anyone still play 'Cricket' the old fashioned English way.???
seem to bare any resemblance the the game of Cricket played on grass Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Happy New year everyone

Chris...

What are the rules for it?  Being from Canada, I haven't been properly exposed to the rules of the grass game either.
Joe

22gm Target Carrera C4's
Started Darting October 2014
(02-08-2017, 12:08 PM)Joe Garofalo Wrote: What are the rules for it?  Being from Canada, I haven't been properly exposed to the rules of the grass game either.

Joe, you and you playing partner have 10 wickets each, one bowls and one of you bats/scores.

inner bull = 2 wickets
outer bull = 1 wicket
When batting/scoring only a 3 dart score over 40 counts.

If you find one or both of you can score really well than the 40 can be increased.
Also you can make so only inner bull = 1 wicket.
The batting player scores until the bowling player has hit/taken 10 wickets, then the roles are reversed. Player with the highest score wins.

Have fun.

Chris..
Yes! We call it "Test Cricket" to differentiate it from normal Cricket. We play it when we have more than 4 people to a single board, you just split into teams. It's probably the best game to play when you have too many for the usual games, and the team element makes it more fun than say Halve-it (also a good option for large groups).
(12-31-2016, 04:09 PM)chris_kn Wrote: Does anyone still play 'Cricket' the old fashioned English way.???

Happy New year everyone

Chris...
???
(02-21-2017, 08:31 PM)Váczi Dávid Wrote:

Happy New year everyone

Chris...
???

The rules are here..

You and you playing partner have 10 wickets each, one bowls and one of you bats/scores.

inner bull = 2 wickets
outer bull = 1 wicket
When batting/scoring only a 3 dart score over 40 counts.

If you find one or both of you can score really well than the 40 can be increased.
Also you can make so only inner bull = 1 wicket.
The batting player scores until the bowling player has hit/taken 10 wickets, then the roles are reversed. Player with the highest score wins.

Have fun.

Chris..
So, no 3 single bulls? You need at least one double and a single? Or can you play out with 2 double bulls?

I'm confused on scoring...

Do you still play 15-20? You need to bust out at least a 45 on 15's to even get on the board. Sorry, just not familiar with this. I'm intrigued, however. Please help me understand better.
Outer Bull = 1 wicket
Inner Bull = 2 wickets

Only scores over 40 count towards the batting total eg player throws 60 the 60 - 40 = 20 total

You can score anywhere on the board.
The system can be modified eg so only inner bull counts as 1 wicket,
and/or only scores over 60 count . if you find that the game was easy to play.
Just keep batting(scoring) until you lose all 10 wickets.
Then it's your opponents turn to score(bat) and you throw at the bull(Bowl)

Chris..
I'm not familiar with this play type. I love cricket, so it looks like I'll have to try it out this way