Darts Buddy

Harrows Supergrip 25g review
Hi all, here a short review of the Harrows Supergrip 25g.

Dimensions of the darts (not measured, from websites):
Weight: 25g
Length: 50.1 mm
Width: 6.7 mm
Profile: tapered (on the front little thicker than rear)
Balanced: front
Grip: 8 of 10

As the name already says, it is a grippy dart with grip along the whole barrel, but very clean release (it does not stick to my fingers).
The darts are front-balanced, caused by the slightly tapered barrel, on the front little thicker than on the rear.
I think those two properties are the reason why they suite me quite well (when I use short stems), where they flight straight into the board (not with the tail to left or right).

Here some pictures:

I swapped those, so as you can see the darts are not new, but here you can clearly see the tapered profile:

The balance point, clearly to the front:

With short stems the balance point is on the mid-grip section:

With medium stems the balancepoint is little behind the midgrip section:

They stand in the board in my usual angle, not really a difference when using different stems (medium, inbetween, short):

When using inbetween shafts, and different fligths, clearly the angle changes, and with sigma-pro and feather fligths the angle is 90 degrees:
(the nice thing is then that you can lay down one dart on the other: the feather flight dart was the last dart, layed upon the sigma-pro fligth dart)

And last but not least, slim and pear flights, where the slim is again 90 degrees, and the pear flight has a little angle upward, but not as much as with the standard flight:

I hope you enjoyed it, and if you have questions just let me know.

Cheers! And have all a good new year!
Nice pics. A teammate of mine uses these. They do really well for him. I've had the 22g version in and out of my cart for months, may yet give them a try.
Nice one Red! Have a +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I actually bought a set of these over a year ago and half reviewed them but never got to the throwing part yet, I only got them as a few people requested a review, wasn't you was it?

I really should get the review finished though lol
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have these in 21g set up with tweenies and kites, couple months in now and flying great.
(12-31-2016, 02:52 PM)O C Wrote: Nice pics. A teammate of mine uses these. They do really well for him. I've had the 22g version in and out of my cart for months, may yet give them a try.

I think this dart will suit a lot of people. I mean, when even i can throw these properly... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-31-2016, 03:10 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice one Red! Have a +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I actually bought a set of these over a year ago and half reviewed them but never got to the throwing part yet, I only got them as a few people requested a review, wasn't you was it?

Thanks! But I was not the one who requested a review  :Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. wasn't even a member at that time  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-31-2016, 03:40 PM)Redleg Wrote:
(12-31-2016, 02:52 PM)O C Wrote: Nice pics. A teammate of mine uses these. They do really well for him. I've had the 22g version in and out of my cart for months, may yet give them a try.

I think this dart will suit a lot of people. I mean, when even i can throw these properly... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-31-2016, 03:10 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice one Red! Have a +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks! But I was not the one who requested a review  :Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. wasn't even a member at that time  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

no it was someone on Youtube they were not a member, no worries anyway Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-31-2016, 03:37 PM)Steve_00 Wrote: I have these in 21g set up with tweenies and kites, couple months in now and flying great.

Kites, thanks for that addition, I do not have those but I think they'll suite me too
Is it your main set?
Nice +1
Nice little review, Redleg!   I'm in the same boat as OC........I've must have looked at these darts a dozen times or more.  Now, I'm wondering why I've never pulled the trigger!  I know what my first dart purchase of 2017 will be!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
(12-31-2016, 07:09 PM)Redleg Wrote:
(12-31-2016, 03:37 PM)Steve_00 Wrote: I have these in 21g set up with tweenies and kites, couple months in now and flying great.

Kites, thanks for that addition, I do not have those but I think they'll suite me too
Is it your main set?

Yep I'm *trying* to make these my primary set for the next year, the grip is in just the right place for my grip and the weight/balance seems just right... with tweenies and kites they land just a little above horizontal, which is right within my eyeline and seems to suit the throw.. They're definitely better than I am anyway, which is a good sign.
Very nice review and another very functional and nicely made dart from Harrows
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Damon Heta Darts Review Getagrip 11 521 02-19-2021, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Harrows Oracle 23g Darts Review Getagrip 48 11,185 01-13-2021, 02:35 PM
  Harrows Supergrip Ultra Darts Review Getagrip 12 604 11-27-2020, 05:18 PM
  Harrows Swarm Darts Review Getagrip 10 762 11-27-2020, 10:58 AM
  Harrows Revere Darts Review Getagrip 10 680 11-24-2020, 06:51 PM
  Harrows Dave Chisnall Chizzy 23g darts review Getagrip 32 4,252 11-20-2020, 02:09 PM
  Harrows Noble Darts Review Getagrip 10 913 11-16-2020, 11:02 AM
  Harrows Fire Inferno Darts Review Getagrip 15 1,383 11-14-2020, 02:28 PM
  Harrows Rapide Knurled 26g Review Don Q 12 434 11-01-2020, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Don Q
  Harrows Predator 23g Darts Review Getagrip 32 10,715 08-13-2020, 04:08 PM