Darts Buddy

New Points
Hi all, was just wondering for a bit of help. As you can see, the way I grip the dart, my ring finger rests on the point where the point meets the barrel. Are there any points out there that have grip in that area? I've looked on perfect darts and madhouse darts but couldn't find any.
Cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

21g Harrows Fire
With these the rings end up roughly at the area of your finger:
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=14716
There are points with ring grip and knurl in that exact spot... just search for them at one of the shops online.

(12-29-2016, 08:33 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: With these the rings end up roughly at the area of your finger:
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=14716

Oh I see the area above the grip on those is the area that goes into the barrel?
21g Harrows Fire
(12-29-2016, 08:44 PM)liam_winnard Wrote: Oh I see the area above the grip on those is the area that goes into the barrel?
Yeah here's a pic of them on my Wades, mind that I have tridents on them as well.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-29-2016, 08:21 PM)liam_winnard Wrote: Hi all, was just wondering for a bit of help. As you can see, the way I grip the dart, my ring finger rests on the point where the point meets the barrel. Are there any points out there that have grip in that area? I've looked on perfect darts and madhouse darts but couldn't find any.
Cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Hi Liam,

Look in this link for points to replace yours https://www.madhousedarts.co.uk/dart-repointing.html
may all the doubles be with you

(12-29-2016, 08:47 PM)joeriw96 Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 08:44 PM)liam_winnard Wrote: Oh I see the area above the grip on those is the area that goes into the barrel?
Yeah here's a pic of them on my Wades, mind that I have tridents on them as well.

[Image: https://i.imgur.com/y04oMZ8.jpg]
looks like they'll do the trick. Thanks man
21g Harrows Fire
The points only go in the barrel about 4mm

You're welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Any of the CD points will do. I personly like the Mk2 and the grooves tend to be sharper than the Unicorns, giving the resting finger a better grip. You can also get longer lenghts which keep the groove from damaging your board and allow for a bit of re grinding of the point when they get blunt.
Darts used 25g Adrian Gray Tungsten Shot Flights XLt Stems
Best Av (Singles) : 84
Best 501 : 15 darts
Highest Checkout 2016 : 160 (T20 T20 D20)
180s Practice  2019 : 100+
180s Comp 2019 : 10 
150s Practice : 3
I love the storm points as my finger sits on the point taper where it meets the barrel
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(12-30-2016, 01:02 AM)barcrusher Wrote: Any of the CD points will do. I personly like the Mk2 and the grooves tend to be sharper than the Unicorns, giving the resting finger a better grip. You can also get longer lenghts which keep the groove from damaging your board and allow for a bit of re grinding of the point when they get blunt.

how much of an impact will the length have on the flight of the dart? If it wont make much difference I'll get the longer ones but if it does i'll get the shorter ones as the current ones are shorter. cheers
21g Harrows Fire
(12-30-2016, 02:26 AM)liam_winnard Wrote: how much of an impact will the length have on the flight of the dart? If it wont make much difference I'll get the longer ones but if it does i'll get the shorter ones as the current ones are shorter. cheers

It depends if you notice these things.  I do notice such things Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. and for me a longer point (38mm +) makes the dart "slower" and throws the balance a little too far back for my liking.  The shorter the point the "faster" the dart for me, which is the side I'd rather err on.  That said, I would match point lengths first, measure how much point is sticking out the barrel currently and go from there.

The vast majority of my darts have 35mm finger grip points and I am a massive fan of the CD points. Jugger is right though, they only go in 4-5mm (so 31-32mm showing in my darts) because the points are the widest points I've ever installed (not including Storms). If you need the finger grip a little bit closer to the barrel then go for my previous favourite points, the Unicorn Needle 6 groove. Unicorn points are more on the thinner side so you can get more into the barrel, I could easily get 6-7mm in both Unicorn and non-Unicorn barrels.  If you go that route be aware that the QC on those points can be a bit sketchy, I have about 12 points sitting in my spares box so that I can mix and match to get points with consistent cut depths.

I also like the 35mm Bulls Swirl points as well, but I think I'm the only one.  I've repointed a set of Carreras with them recently and get them to seat 7mm in.

Let me know if you need measurements etc, I have my repointing stuff out as I've just stuck my last set of CD MK2s in and it's a reminder to order some more.