Darts Buddy

Dire need for help
I've been away for quite a bit but could really use some assistance. 
I bought a set of Taylor's just prior to Christmas and while at a friends house a couple of nights ago playing in the garage the unthinkable happened. 
Dart popped off of a staple on the board landed on the concrete and snapped the Harrow shaft inside the barrel. 
My friend trying to help took a torch to it to help coax it out and has possibly either damaged the threading or possibly warped it. 
If it is the threading is it possible to retap this barrel. 
Thank you in advance for any advice.
I doubt the torch did any damage to the threads unless you heated it red hot.  I would buy a shaft removal tool:

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=13207

Hopefully the heating didn't melt the plastic and bung up the threads.  If they are filled with plastic you maybe able to thread in with a titanium conversion point or shaft to clean them up.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Mate,if great comment up there didn't work ,send your darts to Madhouse ,you will have 10 % discount
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You can use any sharp object for this. Another steel point works a treat. Don't even have to use a stove. A gas lighter would work just as well.

If the shaft is accessible, you could also use a sharp point, push it at the side, and use that point to push anti-clockwise. All without any heat.

Doesn't matter if the heating melted the plastic. Once it's cooled, try the above, and if the plastic has mated with the threads, do the first video method, and after the fork has completely cooled, try it. If it still doesn't come out, with the cooled tine in the plastic, take a lighter and gently heat the outside of the dart over the outside of the barrel where the threads are for say 5 - 10 seconds to soften (Not melt) the seal of the plastic.

Nope, your barrel thread isn't damaged or warped even if the dart was heated till red-hot, or if it's a bit gunked up with remaining plastic, you can take the sharp point of another dart and scrape it out going anti-clockwise. This is assuming that your friend didn't do anything really super crazy with it earlier, but I won't worry too much. Tungsten is one of the hardest materials around.

If you still want to use polycarb shafts, I would suggest buying the shaft removal tool.

All the best.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Or you could get a flat blade screwdriver with a blade some 3mm wide heat it up (don't need it red) push into plastic stem, pull out & cool fit screwdriver in slot & wind out or you could as said use one of the stem removal tool Dart barrel should be OK
When this happened to me I just melted a nail into the shaft and then unscrewed it
21g Harrows Fire
Thank you all so much for the advice.
Can't wait to get home to try these out I'll let you know how it goes.
As far as using different shafts I'm all for whatever works but the ones that come with the set just don't do it for me.
(12-29-2016, 09:38 AM)Little al Wrote: Or you could get a flat blade screwdriver with a blade some 3mm wide heat it up (don't need it red) push into plastic stem, pull out & cool  fit screwdriver in slot & wind out or you could as said use one of the stem removal tool Dart barrel should be OK

Brilliant advise! I forgot about this one!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images." border="0" alt="resim" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />

Simple little shafts removal tool i made with a grinder and file i had a bunch of these little screwdrivers
I freaked out when this happened to me a few years back and simply used the point of another dart and stuck it in and twisted the shaft right out. easy peasy
(12-29-2016, 07:55 AM)Ancient Darter Wrote: You can use any sharp object for this. Another steel point works a treat. Don't even have to use a stove. A gas lighter would work just as well.
I haven't gotten the Taylor's sorted away but while using my back up set I broke a stem inside the barrel and used the below fork video to perfection. 
While looking at the Taylors it looks like potentially the threads are bunged up with wax. 

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxVbYEoMvBw]
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJNUBn4MsI4]

If the shaft is accessible, you could also use a sharp point, push it at the side, and use that point to push anti-clockwise. All without any heat.

Doesn't matter if the heating melted the plastic. Once it's cooled, try the above, and if the plastic has mated with the threads, do the first video method, and after the fork has completely cooled, try it. If it still doesn't come out, with the cooled tine in the plastic, take a lighter and gently heat the outside of the dart over the outside of the barrel where the threads are for say 5 - 10 seconds to soften (Not melt) the seal of the plastic.

Nope, your barrel thread isn't damaged or warped even if the dart was heated till red-hot, or if it's a bit gunked up with remaining plastic, you can take the sharp point of another dart and scrape it out going anti-clockwise. This is assuming that your friend didn't do anything really super crazy with it earlier, but I won't worry too much. Tungsten is one of the hardest materials around.

If you still want to use polycarb shafts, I would suggest buying the shaft removal tool.

All the best.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.