Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Shot Chris White 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbQwW733_uE

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: click here

I have looked at these darts a few times thinking they may be a good set for me to try and so I finally got some, they are of course the Shot Chris White steel tip darts from Dartswarehouse.com in New Zealand. Chirs White is a Canadian born player but lives in California, you can find more about him on his website here: https://www.chriswhitedart.com/about-chris/BIO.html He has a soft tip dart thats available in 2 weights but these Steel tip darts are only available in 23g and they are 90% tungsten. They retail for around £51 depending on exchange rate and have free Worldwide delivery. You can find them on the Dartswarehouse site here: https://www.dartswarehouse.com/chris-white-3766.html

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a very slim box and are supplied with a set of laro stems and a set of normal nylon stems and a set of Shot transparent grey flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The barrels have a slightly rounded tapered nose with little indents and circles cut in to it and the that is follow by a shark grip which is kind of flat against the barrel with some longitudinal grooves cut part way along it. The rear has a subtle scallop section and is smooth. I think it is not quite as grippy as it looks but seems more effective when pushing forward on release, overall it is high medium at the most.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were an exact match and the third just three hundredths of a gram difference:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was very slightly front of centre:

With supplied setup it was almost exactly in the centre:

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these just up from the nose on the shark grip:

CONCLUSION:

This is a very nice little dart, I think they almost have a shark look about them, I dont know if its intentional but my guess is it is, with the little indents at the front and the little circles it kind of reminds me of a Sharks nose, gills and eye.

I thought with these been a short barrel they would feel nicely balanced with my front grip and they are, they also fly very nicely and the grip works well when throwing as it aids with a little extra thrust from the way my fingers push against its edges. I think its a really nice dart for a front grip and the setup it came with felt just right so I had no reason to swap to medium stems. It also felt slightly chunky to me at the front even though its a little slimmer there than further up the barrel and overall it was very comfy in my grip. It flew well through the air and was mostly smooth although I did get some spin at times but not as much as I was expecting to.

So that brings me to the centre grip which I dont think natural centre grippers will have any problems with although I seemed to spin it more at the centre and also was dragging it down at times, I think thats just me though as its not quite natural for me there.

From the rear it was much better than expected for me, I had a few that were fine but I thought it more curious that the scallop is smooth and yet it has that nice grip at the front? I think if your a rear gripper that likes short barrel darts then you may like it a lot but I think I would have liked something like a micro grip on that scallop, I know the scallop itself is a kind of grip but it almost felt a bit slippy for me, may be different for you though.

I dont think I would hesitate to recommend these for front grippers especially if you like short barrel darts, I thought it was a really good dart for me but I am not sure on middle grippers, and even though it looks designed for a rear grip placement I think it will depend how you like your grip and you dont get the nice shark grip there.

A nicely made dart that is balanced well for me and certainly worth a try Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (looks good)
Grip: 8 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8.5 (2 exact)
Quality: 8 (overall good)
Value: 7 (fine)
Suitability for me: 8 (fly well, nice balance)

Best Feature: Blance for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Got these in soft tip they are a great dart
Darts Used:

Soft Tip - Target Rob Cross Soft Tip, Pro Grip Inbetween Shafts, Target Shape Flight, Tiga Hyper Point Tips
Nice review Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1

They look like a nice dart for front/mid grippers and possibly rear as well, but I'm not quite sure about that scallop (and the lack of grip) I do grip there with my thumb but would've liked a bit (more) grip there.
I like them- Good review mate +1
Once again, great review Darren!! +1 

Every once in a while, I see a barrel the looks like it would work well for me and I think these would. Do me a favor will you? Don't tell the missus  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Interesting looking darts - could do with being about 5mm longer though lol
Great looking dart and a technical and informative review. Nice work.
Darts used 25g Adrian Gray Tungsten Shot Flights XLt Stems
Best Av (Singles) : 84
Best 501 : 15 darts
Highest Checkout 2016 : 160 (T20 T20 D20)
180s Practice  2019 : 100+
180s Comp 2019 : 10 
150s Practice : 3
Another great review with superb pictures :thumbup:
may all the doubles be with you

Got to say Grip, I really enjoy your reviews. I've been looking to get a set of different shaped darts to try (I usually use straight barrels) and your reviews are spot on.
Shot are great ,I love my McNeils more then any other mass made set I have. And having Heckmans ,just for 7 quid made my mind .Shot are ultra cool ,and they offer custom sets for 150 USD ,for all Nutz in need
180-1(33)

(12-28-2016, 09:08 PM)cweb8123 Wrote: Got these in soft tip they are a great dart

Yeah I think these are his latest version but I quite like the look of the previous version too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-28-2016, 09:14 PM)Kev Wrote: Nice review Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1

They look like a nice dart for front/mid grippers and possibly rear as well, but I'm not quite sure about that scallop (and the lack of grip) I do grip there with my thumb but would've liked a bit (more) grip there.

Thanks Kev, I think they work well for a front grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-28-2016, 09:33 PM)*Saber* Wrote: I like them- Good review mate +1

Cheers Larry Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-28-2016, 10:24 PM)Nucky Wrote: Once again, great review Darren!! +1 

Every once in a while, I see a barrel the looks like it would work well for me and I think these would. Do me a favor will you? Don't tell the missus  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

LOL cheers Rob Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-28-2016, 10:28 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Interesting looking darts - could do with being about 5mm longer though lol

They are quite short but I think it makes it better balanced with a front grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-28-2016, 11:12 PM)barcrusher Wrote: Great looking dart and a technical and informative review. Nice work.

Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-28-2016, 11:21 PM)Fred-180 Wrote: Another great review with superb pictures :thumbup:

Cheers Fred! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-29-2016, 12:15 AM)Nathan Mansfield Wrote: Got to say Grip, I really enjoy your reviews. I've been looking to get a set of different shaped darts to try (I usually use straight barrels) and your reviews are spot on.

Thanks Nathan, glad you like them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-29-2016, 12:35 AM)Troll Wrote: Shot are great ,I love my McNeils more then any other mass made set I have. And having Heckmans ,just for 7 quid made my mind .Shot are ultra cool ,and they offer custom sets for 150 USD ,for all Nutz in need

Yeah they make very good darts, one of my favourite brands Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another great review, a little on the short side for me but great looking kit,
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Great review as always Darren. :thumbup:

With my recent fondness of bullet barrels, these being a wee bit shorter may be worth a go.
Nice review. Yet another dart I'm sure I would get on with . Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PS
Just checked a few of my favourite retail stores and I don't see them listed yet ...So I guess they are only available at the site you mentioned.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]®[/font]

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
(12-29-2016, 10:53 AM)Bounce Out Wrote: Another great review, a little on the short side for me but great looking kit,

Thanks Ian! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-29-2016, 02:21 PM)Great White North Wrote: Great review as always Darren. :thumbup:

With my recent fondness of bullet barrels, these being a wee bit shorter may be worth a go.

Cheers Brad, get the wallet out Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-29-2016, 02:48 PM)The G Wrote: Nice review. Yet another dart I'm sure I would get on with . Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PS
Just checked a few of my favourite retail stores and I don't see them listed yet ...So I guess they are only available at the site you mentioned.

Thanks Ken, yeah I checked before and only saw them at Dartswarehouse too, I think they have a few that are only sold there.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shot Darts Ryan Muzza Murray Darts Review Getagrip 4 105 08-28-2021, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Shot! and Shot Gear reviewed Darts mc1958 40 6,232 08-27-2021, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Shot Darts Warrior Rutene Darts Review Getagrip 4 140 08-09-2021, 09:49 AM
  Shot Niels Zonneveld Triple Z Darts Review Getagrip 5 145 08-02-2021, 03:03 PM
  Shot Viking Raven Darts Review Used By Boris Koltsov Getagrip 15 283 07-29-2021, 03:06 PM
  Shot Zen Jutsu Darts Review Includes Rare 180 By Me Getagrip 8 379 06-25-2021, 05:22 PM
  Shot Darts Zen Tanto Darts Review Getagrip 12 579 06-24-2021, 02:07 PM
Wink NEW Mckicks Premium White Mighty Grip 25gr 90% tungsten Darts (the old style is back) copigme 90 48,359 06-09-2021, 01:30 AM
Last Post: User17736
  Shot Darts Gordon Mathers Darts Review Getagrip 10 273 06-02-2021, 04:31 PM
  Shot Mindaugas Barauskas 25g Darts Review Getagrip 12 385 05-26-2021, 02:03 PM