Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Bottelsen GT fixed point?
Hello all! I have a couple of quick questions about Bottelsen darts... I loved the Hammerhead GTs that I recently tried, but I'm not crazy about the movable points. Is there such a thing (or have they ever had) the GT barrels with fixed points?

Am I right in thinking that 'GT3' simply refers to the most recent incarnation of the GT line?

Thanks in advance! .. this information has been frustratingly difficult to find.
Hello and welcome to the Nutz forum. :hithere:

Fixed point GT's here, https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/index.php?...9_944_1410

GT 3's are the "Thrust Cut" version.
Not sure if they ever had fixed points but you could always just put a set of conversion points in them.
(12-27-2016, 04:35 PM)Great White North Wrote: Hello and welcome to the Nutz forum. :hithere:

Fixed point GT's here, https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/index.php?...9_944_1410

GT 3's are the "Thrust Cut" version.

Thanks! I've been roaming the forums for a while learning a lot. I think it's about time I got some good darts and I was pleased to see how well the GTs worked for my grip and throw (I know they're not for everyone).
have an old set from years ago that I have hung on to, still like them and take them out now and then, but not my main dart. They are a lighter weight (21g) that was only available from T and A Darts many years ago. But I stopped using them with the HH points and prefer them with either Target Ti conversions or most recently the 35mm Monster conversion points. The Targets fit better, the Monsters have a long threaded section.
Recently tried a friends set in 23g, thinking about getting those myself, but I'm doing really well with a nice and inexpensive set of Designa darts so not sure when/if I'll buy 'em.
(12-27-2016, 06:39 PM)I\ve thought about using some conversion points, but it's not something I've ever tried. My grip has evolved to where my middle finger rests slightly on the tip.. so a bit of tooth on the point would be nice. I wish I could try the different weights, but even though I live in a big city here in the states, finding a dart shop with a decent selection is still a real challenge. O C Wrote: have an old set from years ago that I have hung on to, still like them and take them out now and then, but not my main dart. They are a lighter weight (21g) that was only available from T and A Darts many years ago. But I stopped using them with the HH points and prefer them with either Target Ti conversions or most recently the 35mm Monster conversion points. The Targets fit better, the Monsters have a long threaded section.
Recently tried a friends set in 23g, thinking about getting those myself, but I'm doing really well with a nice and inexpensive set of Designa darts so not sure when/if I'll buy 'em.
Bottelsen is one of the most ridiculously overpriced brands in the history of darts.

Have you looked at other brands that make the same style? Or why not go custom? Hand made custom darts made exactly to your specs are still cheaper than buying Bottelsen

(12-28-2016, 05:41 PM)Jugger Wrote: Bottelsen is one of the most ridiculously overpriced brands in the history of darts.

Have you looked at other brands that make the same style?  Or why not go custom?  Hand made custom darts made exactly to your specs are still cheaper than buying Bottelsen

Yeah, the price is a big turn-off for Bottelsen. Sadly, I don't have access to enough of the other brands to know much about them. And I'm not sure I know enough about what I want to order a custom dart. At this point, I basically have to try and quickly get a feel for what works based on whatever the local shops happen to have. I'm tempted to experiment with Darts Clearance or EBay, but that means having to buy something just to try it...
(12-28-2016, 06:12 PM)Noise.in.the.street Wrote:
(12-28-2016, 05:41 PM)Jugger Wrote: Bottelsen is one of the most ridiculously overpriced brands in the history of darts.

Have you looked at other brands that make the same style?  Or why not go custom?  Hand made custom darts made exactly to your specs are still cheaper than buying Bottelsen

Yeah, the price is a big turn-off for Bottelsen. Sadly, I don't have access to enough of the other brands to know much about them. And I'm not sure I know enough about what I want to order a custom dart. At this point, I basically have to try and quickly get a feel for what works based on whatever the local shops happen to have. I'm tempted to experiment with Darts Clearance or EBay, but that means having to buy something just to try it...

Once you get your post count up and find yourself involved in more conversations on the forum here, you will have access to the Buy, Sell, Swap section.  That's a great resource.

I think every one of us has bought darts just to try them... it's a somewhat necessary evil when you're trying to find the right set.

Buying from the UK is absolutely the way to go as prices are considerably cheaper when buying from a UK shop online.  That being said... keep your eyes peeled on the A-Z darts special sales, I've seen some amazing deals on great darts in there too.

The problem with people buying Bottelsen is they get bought by begginers getting advice from the local league players. The moveable point system sucks . They are 2nd worst. Smart darts was the absolute worst. Bottelsen is a good dart but, the price is 3x what they are worth .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bottelsen Toddg 8 494 11-16-2020, 05:24 AM
Last Post: None80
  Fixed Point GT's on eBay Zero 0 131 08-21-2020, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Zero
  Bottelsen Dart Prices Blanton 22 2,709 05-04-2020, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Zero
  Fixed Point for Powerpoints? atison 5 618 01-09-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Great White North