Harrows Darts.

Winmau Extreme 2 Dartboard Stand review
When I first put my dartboard up it was in the spare room! Then children arrived and the spare room was no longer spare. This curtailed my dart playing (not that I played more than a few times a month) and it tailed off to the dartboard never being used. I've got back into my darts recently and wanted to practice daily but can't because the board is in the kids room. To this end I have been doing a bit of research into dartboard stands and today took the plunge and bought a Winmau Extreme 2.

The box

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

What's inside

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

In amongst lots of polystyrene and bubble wrap there were the various components of the stand. It does require some putting together but it's a pretty simple process

The problem bits!

The main issue I came across is that the red clippy bit stops the board from sitting flush against the mounting bracket, this was easily fixed by adjusting the angle of the clamp by undoing the Allen bolt holding it in place and moving the clamp through 90 degrees.

Problem solved!

Mounting the board

The board is mounted via three screws directly into the back of the board. I'm a little surprised by this as I expected to be able to lift the board on and off.

The finished article.

All in all my first impressions of this stand are very good, it seems well made and very strong. The four legs give it stability and there is an optional attachment to brace it against a wall. My only criticism is that the board heights aren't pre marked on the stand so it needs to be set up with a tape and then home markers added.

Let's hope it does what I need it to.
Nice one on the review. :thumbup:

Looks strong as you mentioned, don't understand the thought or lack of not being able to easily rotate the board and the lack of height markings as well.

Enjoy it however, does look good. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice review Nathan! Have a +1 for your time and effort Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The legs seem to be spread quite wide, is that how it says to set it up as it looks like it may shorten the height that way but I guess will probably aid the stability?

Have you thrown at it yet?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(12-27-2016, 03:40 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice review Nathan! Have a +1 for your time and effort Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The legs seem to be spread quite wide, is that how it says to set it up as it looks like it may shorten the height that way but I guess will probably aid the stability?

Have you thrown at it yet?

I've only thrown a few so far, all parts adjust so you can have the legs closer together if needed. I'll play about with it tonight and try to find the best set up. You can get the board to the correct height even if the legs are fully spread.
Ah cool, thanks for the info Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Not being able to rotate the board is a big downside. I guess you could mount a wooden backboard on there and use a regular bracket though.
(12-27-2016, 04:00 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: Not being able to rotate the board is a big downside. I guess you could mount a wooden backboard on there and use a regular bracket though.

Agreed on the non-rotation bit. I'm not sure if adding an extra bracket would change the centre of gravity and make it less stable.
This gave me an idea!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

This stand looks like a modified version of a 30£ bicycle repair stand, i recently bought for repairing my MTB.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Similar model: https://oypla.com/sports-leisure/outdoor...pair-stand

I might even have to make my own!
If the upper clamp is replaced with a mounting plate, the dartboard would be easily rotated.
(12-29-2016, 08:39 AM)ktw Wrote: This gave me an idea!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

This stand looks like a modified version of a 30£ bicycle repair stand, i recently bought for repairing my MTB.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Similar model: https://oypla.com/sports-leisure/outdoor...pair-stand

I might even have to make my own!
If the upper clamp is replaced with a mounting plate, the dartboard would be easily rotated.

Definitely appears to be the same stand, you can buy the mounting plates on eBay.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Flight Pod Review Getagrip 25 702 01-05-2021, 06:49 PM
Last Post: SparkVendetta
  Target Corona Vision Dartboard Light System Review Getagrip 139 37,660 08-01-2020, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Pell
  Trinidad Darts Triangular Metal Darts Display Stand Review Getagrip 11 542 12-19-2019, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Winmau Pro-Line Shirt: Review vanJupp 20 3,481 05-09-2018, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bullseye66
  Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand Getagrip 16 50,866 03-12-2018, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Matt Evason
  Aurora Halo Dartboard Lighting surround review Getagrip 30 19,338 03-09-2018, 05:39 PM
  Unicorn Solar Flare Integrated Illuminated Pro Surround dartboard light review Getagrip 18 12,601 11-22-2017, 04:16 PM
  Shot! Nomad Dartboard Stand (mini overview) 221b 12 9,372 01-22-2017, 09:14 AM
Last Post: pistol180
  Dart Smart Cricket dartboard review Getagrip 8 7,876 08-26-2016, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Lurker1
  Unicorn 2017 World Champion Player dartboard surround review Getagrip 16 7,185 07-07-2016, 12:05 AM
Last Post: gram70