Unicorn

Hello from Scotland
Hello folks!

Treated myself to a dartboard over the festive break, and have decided it's going to be my new hobby for 2017.

I enjoy watching the odd game on the TV, but never really been a massive fan or a player. I've spent £50 on a Winmau Diamond Plus and ordered a set of darts from Amazon that got good reviews.

I've been practicing for an hour or so each day for the last few days and have set up a few drills. I've got everything on a spreadsheet so can easily track my progress. Currently averaging around 37 for 3 darts, hitting a lot of 1s and 5s!

Looking forward to getting some tips and learning more about the game.

Cheers,

Stuart
Welcome! Loads of tips/ practice games on the forum here. The beginners section should be a good place to start. Would also recommend flight school.
Hello Stuart, welcome to the Nutz forum. :hithere:
Welcome! Great tips and drills too help!
Welcome to the group. With 3 of the top 10 players in the PDC Order Of Merit being from Scotland, I'd say your country has a firm hold on the darting community. Gary Anderson, Peter Wright and Robert Thornton are on that list, in that order as of late November of this year, with Gary being the current world champion and winner of that title the past 2 years running.

So, keep practicing and maybe one day you'll join your fellow countrymen on the big stage.
Welcome Stuart. Looks like you're on the right course. Have fun with the darts!
Joe

22gm Target Carrera C4's
Started Darting October 2014
welcome along Stuart
DARTS-Unicorn Taylor Phase 5 / Target Gen1 26g (why change for something else that probably doesn't work lol)
SHAFTS-Target power gen 1 intermediate
FLIGHTS-Crafty Cockney
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet,"Ockeys" Oche,Target Corona surround light
HOWAY THE LADS Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hi Stuart and welcome aboard! I'm sure you will improve quickly as you sound very keen so far Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome abroad mate. You will find lots of useful staff here.
I only have one,curiosity, question:
Why did you spend 50£ for a diamond plus board?
(12-27-2016, 01:46 PM)copigme Wrote: Welcome abroad mate. You will find lots of useful staff here.
I only have one,curiosity, question:
Why did you spend 50£ for a diamond plus board?

I got the one with the cabinet.

I chose that one because it was the only one i could get on Amazon Prime 2 hour delivery!
Welcome to DNF!
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Welcome and hello.
Welcome - there's a fine buncha Nutz here that can help you with your new found darting addiction. It's expensive thoug, as it sometimes requires you to buy lots and lots of darts! Lol!
(12-27-2016, 05:25 PM)Cat Wrote: Welcome - there's a fine buncha Nutz here that can help you with your new found darting addiction.  It's expensive thoug, as it sometimes requires you to buy lots and lots of darts!  Lol!

I'm also a cyclist - I know how expensive hobbies can become!
Welcome to Nutz

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from East Lothian, Scotland! Popeye85 13 195 12-14-2020, 06:21 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  Hi, new player, Fife, Scotland. SuperDoug 13 304 02-02-2020, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Easyrider
  Greeting From Scotland The Pro Towel Waver 16 503 01-30-2020, 12:44 PM
Last Post: SuperDoug
  Hey from Scotland Johnbo 21 715 01-23-2020, 12:06 AM
Last Post: BentArrow
  Hello From Scotland MatthewSeatter180 17 580 10-31-2019, 08:11 PM