Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

McKicks Premium White Mighty Grip 21g Darts Review
Hello DartsNutz I'll be reviewing the McKicks Premium White Mighty Grip 21g steel tip darts (If you couldn't already tell from the title of this thread). They are available for about £23 (Ex VAT) or £28 (Inc VAT). These are a 90% tungsten straight barreled dart with paint-filled ring grip and a rounded bull nose, they come supplied with 27mm black coated points, short aluminum spinner shafts and standard Bull's (I guess they didn't bother to change the printer settings on the machine) Mighty Grip Flight in a plastic case.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The darts measure 52.40mm in length and 6mm in diameter. With short stems and a standard flight the balance point is right on the first painted groove behind the central smooth section, with a medium stem and standard flight it moves to the second painted groove behind the smooth section pretty much exactly in the centre of the barrel. Overall I would rate the grip as medium level, the deep thin cuts provide just enough grip to propel the dart forward without being difficult to release cleanly. Weight matching was very good, McKicks do not even claim to weight match their sets. The first two were an exact match at 21.04g and the third just 0.01g lighter at 21.03g.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I started off using intermediate stems with standard flights, but quickly robin hooded them snapping of a few tines of the stems. D'oh! So I settled on short natural white stems with springs and standard flights.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
After about 40 minutes of scoring nothing higher than a ton I christened these babies, then as usual followed that up with turns of 26s, 41s and
45s. The darts land in the board slightly tail up as I like them. With my setup the darts fly smoothly through the air with no fish tailing or excessive spin. A few more turns and another robin hood   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. , I think the spring may have saved the tine from snapping off. I may need to invest in Shell Lock or WhizLock caps for these darts with the amount of robin hoods I've been getting with them.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary:
For the price these darts are an excellent value, especially for those looking for a dart similar to what Micheal van Gerwen uses. As many on this forum have already noted the pattern of rings is nearly identical to Micheal's actual darts. The weight matching for a set of darts that wasn't advertised as match weighted was excellent varying only by 0.01g. The position of the two groups of ring grip make this dart suitable for all types of grips, front grippers will appreciate the front ringed section just slightly forward of the centre of balance. Middle grippers may find themselves gripping the smooth section or slightly behind it right on the centre of balance. And rear grippers will be treated to a nice large section of ring grip only slightly behind the centre of balance.

Ratings:
Looks: 9 (I personally find that the painted grooves make this dart look "cheap" but it can be easily fixed with some paint remover)
Grip: 6 (A nice mix of thin cut rings and wide deep grooves give this dart a good amount of grip but releases from the fingers cleanly)
Weight Match: 9.5 (Two perfectly matched and one 0.01g less on a sub £30 dart)
Quality: 9 (Good machining on a 90% tungsten dart with very good weight matching)
Value: 9.5 (Hard to beat this dart, definitely a must try if you like a fairly long and slim straight barreled dart. Designa have a few that beat this in price but may not be as well weight matched)
Suitability for me: 9 (I am a middle/rear gripper and this puts my grip right on the centre of balance, I throw at a medium speed in a manner similar to Gary Anderson and these track through the air very smoothly)

There you go Nutz! I hope you enjoyed it and helped you make a decision on them, if you have any questions post them below. Cheers and Happy Holidays to you all!
Darts: Target Rebel Blitz, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short ProGrip spin stems, No. 6 standard flights

Harrows Weapon Javelin, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short Supergrip stems, No.6 standard flights
Nice review.
Nice review of a fine dart used still by MvG. :thumbup:
Nice review . Well done . If these weren't only 6mm in girth , I would own a set .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
They are working well for you! Nice one! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Good review and yes the grip is better with the paint removed
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Nice darts. I had the 23g ones many times in my basket but never bought them. I believe these are the darts MVG uses.
Cheers guys! Glad you all enjoyed it.

(12-25-2016, 11:14 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Nice darts. I had the 23g ones many times in my basket but never bought them. I believe these are the darts MVG uses.

I had these in my cart for months before deciding to pull the trigger on the purchase. Definitely was not disappointed from the quality of such a low cost dart, I just wished they got rid of the rubbish aluminum stems and cheap plastic case and brought the price down a bit.

(12-24-2016, 11:23 PM)Great White North Wrote: Nice review of a fine dart used still by MvG. :thumbup:

The radius of the bull nose of MvG's match darts look a little different to me but it may just be the camera or the fact that his darts are so old the machining might have slightly changed. Certainly an "MvG Dart" on a budget while not giving up any of the quality.
Darts: Target Rebel Blitz, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short ProGrip spin stems, No. 6 standard flights

Harrows Weapon Javelin, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short Supergrip stems, No.6 standard flights
(12-25-2016, 07:03 AM)The G Wrote: Nice review . Well done . If these weren't only 6mm in girth , I would own a set .

I have a set of these in 23g, width is 6.4mm, same length. They are working very well for myself. Hope you have good luck with them too!
Thanks for the reviewGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.. I definitely have to get a set of these one day.
Thank you very nice review and underrated dart !
Great Review,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ordered mine today can't wait to strip the paint and get them gliding thru the air ....great review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice review, nice looking dart!  What are the black flights you have there, just above the pic of the 180?  Almost look like cloth.
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Excellent review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. quality weight matching on them too and they look like a very functional dart - they sure do work for MvG alright!!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bulls Phantom Grip 24g review, Barneveld Unicorn Phase 1 jordanhopper180 13 1,579 03-01-2021, 06:28 PM
Last Post: dexterwolf
  Designa Mega Grip V2 24g (Rear Thumb Grip) review Don Q 4 342 11-13-2020, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Don Q
Wink NEW Mckicks Premium White Mighty Grip 25gr 90% tungsten Darts (the old style is back) copigme 89 47,657 10-30-2020, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Richa
  2014 Steve Beaton Adonis Grip 22g darts review Getagrip 26 30,010 04-06-2020, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Adrian Lewis Pixel Grip 23g darts review Getagrip 60 28,924 03-22-2020, 05:25 PM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
  Target Chisnall Pixel Grip 22g darts review Getagrip 55 54,314 01-11-2020, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Ivefoundgod
  Mckicks Premium Gold Titanium 24gr 95% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 46 7,642 06-05-2019, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Levonster
  Designa Razor Grip V2 Seven Lock 24g Darts Review Getagrip 12 2,471 04-09-2019, 03:35 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  XQMax Michael van Gerwen Mighty Generation 2 23g darts review Getagrip 20 10,838 04-03-2019, 05:29 PM
  XQ Max Michael Van Gerwen Mighty Generation 21g darts review Getagrip 30 30,114 03-30-2019, 11:55 PM