Harrows Darts.

Target Adrian Lewis Pixel Grip 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbQwW733_uE

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: click here

I have had lots and lots of requests to review these so here it is finally Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. These are the Pixel version of the Adrian Lewis darts and they are 90% tungsten with a black ti coating although it looks more like a charcoal colour to me, they are 90% tungsten and this is the 23g version, there is also a 21 and 25 gram version. They retail for £64.95.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in the usual slim cardboard Target box with a window on the front and back.  Inside the darts are assembled and in a foam insert.  They are supplied with short pro grip stems and Target Vision Ultra flights and ther is also the little pamphlet with the weight and lifetime guarantee:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

CLOSE UP PICS:

As you can see in the video when I compare them to the Target C4 these new pixels are cut deeper and wider and the rings on the barrel are kind of chunky looking.  At the rear is a thin cut ring grip and then a small smooth part to the end.  Its a straight profile barrel with a small rounded bull nose.  I think the grip is very nearly a high level of grip, I was going to say high medium but I think its just about high level overall, I think the coating adds to it very slightly too.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels are perfectly matched and the third just three hundredths of a gram difference so very good indeed with so much machining:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was slightly front of centre but it was quite difficult to balance these due to the way the pixels are cut:

With supplied setup  it moved slightly behind centre:

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these right near the front as usual Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

CONCLUSION:

I was not sure what to expect from these really as I have not always done so great with the Lewis darts but I think these are probably my favourite version of them so far.  I really like this version of the pixel grip its a curious one to describe accurately as it has parts that feel flat and squarish and then bits that feel grippy and then bits that feel hollow, but overall I think it works better than the previous type.  Its got a grippy feel but did not seem to stick at all for me.  I also think I must be getting better with the longer barrels as these were flying quite well but I think the provided short stems are best suited with this length of barrel for me.  The darts seem to be spinning a fair bit but I suspect its the grip again interacting with my release although I was getting some that kind of looked like they were curving through the air but could just be my eyes playing tricks lol  Other than that they have been flying nice and straight, I think they could probably work best for flat throwers but I never had any problems with my slightly loopy style.

From the middle and rear was a bit mixed for me, it certainly felt more awkward than I was expecting but from the middle I got almost zero spin and from the rear I hit some T20's which surprised me lol.  I think as its a straight barrel dart it should suit any style of grip though, it just depends on if you like long barrels and how you get on with the pixel grip.

I think the coating is quite probably adding something to the grip as it kind of has a dry matt sort of feel although probably prone to wear like most coatings are but I think the pixels should last well for their grippienes with this version as they are hollowed out quite deeply.

It is very nicely machined and quality is great but I think price is a little steep, no doubt your paying somewhat for the machining time but I think I would prefer to see them less than £50, over than that they are really nice darts and as I said above for me its the best version of the Lewis darts now Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (good)
Grip: 8 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (2 perfect match)
Quality: 8 (very good)
Value: 6.5 (would be nice to see them cheaper)
Suitability for me: 8 (work better than I thought)

Best Feature: Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review again Darren! I have a set of these that arrived yesterday but the wife will not let me open them until tomorrow! This review made the wait even worse! Thanks a lot mate! Merry Christmas to you my friend.
LOL you don't have long to wait, cheers Shawn and Merry Christmas to you and your family Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as always Darren. :thumbup:

However, as good as your review was it still hasn't changed my opinion/approval of them. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-24-2016, 05:08 PM)Great White North Wrote: Great review as always Darren. :thumbup:

However, as good as your review was it still hasn't changed my opinion/approval of them. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You should try a set, they are a very nice dart. Completely different than a Carrera grip.

Great review Darren +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Although personally I would rate the grip a bit lower. Experiencing more spinning with them too though.
Really nice review, as always. And the darts looks awesome. I hope their price will get lower some months later Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have a set of these. They feel great in the hand and I think the black coating adds that bit more to the grip. They are superbly balanced but unfortunately I just can't get on with the them. A shame because they are stunning. Have a festive +1
(12-24-2016, 05:08 PM)Great White North Wrote: Great review as always Darren. :thumbup:

YET ...... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Wow that is quite aggressive pixel grip and I quite like the charcoal grey look. Do you find the pixels "sticky" like others have previously found pixel grip to be? Anyways another great review Darren, cheers and Happy Christmas!
Darts: Target Rebel Blitz, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short ProGrip spin stems, No. 6 standard flights

Harrows Weapon Javelin, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short Supergrip stems, No.6 standard flights
(12-24-2016, 07:30 PM)The G Wrote:
(12-24-2016, 05:08 PM)Great White North Wrote: Great review as always Darren. :thumbup:

YET ...... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Never happening, definitely will be one barrel I'll never have.
Another great review, and another +1 from me!  

I have to admit I am intrigued by these.  A chunkier pixel sounds rather nice and I did enjoy throwing the Lewis G2 barrels when I had a go with them...
This is our Christmas review and it comes just a bit late for me because there is no way I can get these now that I spent all my money on the kids.

merry Christmas review master

+1 as a Christmas gift
Gen 1 's my favourite so far... These are tweaking my curiosity . Length and girth spot on .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 

What is it you don't like?

(12-24-2016, 05:14 PM)joeriw96 Wrote:

You should try a set, they are a very nice dart. Completely different than a Carrera grip.

Great review Darren +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Although personally I would rate the grip a bit lower. Experiencing more spinning with them too though.

Yeah I thought about it for a long while and I think it was almost just on the edge of being high or high medium, I think it was grippier than the C4 I have in the video but at times it also felt flat, probably depends how your own fingers work on its surface Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-24-2016, 05:14 PM)copigme Wrote: Really nice review, as always. And the darts looks awesome. I hope their price will get lower some months later Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks John! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-24-2016, 06:03 PM)Serial 7hriller Wrote: I have a set of these. They feel great in the hand and I think the black coating adds that bit more to the grip. They are superbly balanced but unfortunately I just can't get on with the them. A shame because they are stunning. Have a festive +1

Cheers mate Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-24-2016, 07:31 PM)Arkatek Wrote: Wow that is quite aggressive pixel grip and I quite like the charcoal grey look. Do you find the pixels "sticky" like others have previously found pixel grip to be? Anyways another great review Darren, cheers and Happy Christmas!

Cheers! No it was not as sticky as I was expecting really.

(12-24-2016, 10:28 PM)wongerchi Wrote: Another great review, and another +1 from me!  

I have to admit I am intrigued by these.  A chunkier pixel sounds rather nice and I did enjoy throwing the Lewis G2 barrels when I had a go with them...

Thanks! I think I prefer this version over the other Lewis barrels Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-24-2016, 10:31 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: This is our Christmas review and it comes just a bit late for me  because there is no way I can get these now that I spent all my money on the kids.

merry Christmas review master

+1 as a Christmas gift

LOL Cheers Tom! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-25-2016, 06:24 AM)The G Wrote: Gen 1 's my favourite so far... These are tweaking my curiosity . Length and girth spot on .

Go on, you know you want to Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(12-25-2016, 10:28 AM)Getagrip Wrote:

What is it you don't like?
Pixel itself, too inconsistent.  In my experience pixel barrels can vary in feel and grip level between each other in a set.
Also, there needs to be at least one set I don't like. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Stephen Bunting Gen 4 Darts Review Getagrip 32 939 02-25-2021, 02:40 AM
Last Post: asquick
  Target Danny Baggish Gen 1 Darts Review Getagrip 20 659 02-08-2021, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Rob Cross Gen 2 Darts Review Getagrip 13 784 02-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Target Orb 01 Darts Review Getagrip 8 955 01-25-2021, 05:04 PM
  Target Echo Darts Review Getagrip 16 720 01-18-2021, 03:36 PM
  Target Keane Barry Darts Review Getagrip 4 320 12-08-2020, 05:20 PM
  Designa Mega Grip V2 24g (Rear Thumb Grip) review Don Q 4 282 11-13-2020, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Don Q
  Target 975 02 Darts Review Getagrip 19 1,390 11-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Target Phil Taylor Power 9Five Generation 7 Darts Review Getagrip 9 593 10-31-2020, 04:47 PM
  Target Daytona Fire 22g darts review Getagrip 196 108,045 10-11-2020, 12:47 PM