Unicorn

ShowTime Darts Elite 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ykNKrE5Vu0

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: click here

Here we go with another interesting dart from Showtime Darts.  These are the Elite 23g threre is also a 25g version and they are 90% tungsten and retail for £34.95.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in carboard box with a window on the from displaying the contents. Inside the darts are in a plastic tray and provided with a point protector, Elite ST Flights and and ST Core Grip short nylon stems:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The barrels are pretty much a straight profile with a tapered nose and tapering a little on the rear.  They have a great mix of grip styles starting with a thin cut ring grip at the front and then a micro style grip and then a section which is the grippiest that is a kind of double ring knife edged grip with wide grooves in between and then a razor style grip!  Quite a collection of grips there!  I would say overall it just about high level.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

Barrels are almost perfectly matched, two the same and the third just one hundredth of a gram difference:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was slightly front weighted:

With supplied setup  it moved exactly to centre:

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these on the thin cut ring grip which is a nice level of grip for me:

CONCLUSION:

I dont know if it was because I had a bit of a jelly arm that day from throwing a ball launcher for Misty but they kind of felt heavier than 23g and the weight at the nose where I gripped it reminded me of the old Barney style of dart, its a similar shape to that dart anyway.  After playing with them more the weighty feel is still there but not as strong as when I first felt it.  Its a good feel though and I think the grip at the front is very nice although when throwing I think it also caused me some spin.  I have got them flying quite well now though. They have a nice arc to the which is kind of just right, not too flat and not too loopy.  But so many grip positions to choose from!

From the middle I was kind of half on the micro grip and half on the kife edged ring grip.  They seemed to fly quite smoothly from the middle and with less spin.  Balance was fine although I think I preferred the weighty sensation from the front.

From the rear I think is where its most grippy and again it was quite smooth, still a bit too akward for me as a frontie but it did not fly too bad at all.

I think the nice thing with these is the variety of grip and I am sure there will be something there to please many styles, also its a verstile shape that can work well with a lot too.  I think it should make a very good front grippers dart but I guess I am biased there lol so definitely worth a try for others.

I think the grip design gives the dart a great look and its very nicely and neatly machined, great quality for the price!

So looks like another winner from Showtime Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 9 (great)
Grip: 8 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9.5 (nearly perfect)
Quality: 9 (very good)
Value: 9 (great)
Suitability for me: 8 (pretty good really)

Best Feature: Grip variety Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

+1 as standard. I'm seriously going to give these a lot of thought. Look superb. Showtime are definitely going in the right direction
Really like these, perfect weight and dimensions for me.

And the mandatory +1 for Grip of course Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I've been waiting for a review on these, nice one again Darren and thanks. :thumbup:

Nice looking barrel and I like the wee taper at the back. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Where can u buy these
(12-22-2016, 09:17 PM)Serial 7hriller Wrote: +1 as standard. I'm seriously going to give these a lot of thought. Look superb. Showtime are definitely going in the right direction

Yeah they are very nicely made Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-22-2016, 09:20 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: Really like these, perfect weight and dimensions for me.

And the mandatory +1 for Grip of course Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-23-2016, 02:24 AM)Great White North Wrote: I've been waiting for a review on these, nice one again Darren and thanks. :thumbup:

Nice looking barrel and I like the wee taper at the back. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers Brad! I think you need to take out a loan lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-23-2016, 10:50 AM)Del Wrote: Where can u buy these

DC have them

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(12-23-2016, 02:18 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 02:24 AM)Great White North Wrote: I've been waiting for a review on these, nice one again Darren and thanks. :thumbup:

Cheers Brad!  I think you need to take out a loan lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Loan not needed for the darts, possibly however for bribing the missus. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Very nice looking dart that I might end up getting - was thinking of getting all the Showtime ranges, but too far behind to complete the list now lol.

I notice the packaging for these is different to the clam shell packaging from the first Showtime darts - this looks far better with the black inner tray and the stems and flights securely attached/packed instead of rattling around like the old packaging. Will this be the packaging going forward? And will they change the packaging of the previous sets sometime in the future as well?
Nice review and a nice arrow +1 for my mate
Ayup Darren

Great review as usual, and what looks to be a well made dart.
What I don't like is 4 different grips on one dart.
I would sooner have 1uniform grip, and 4 choices of darts.

Shed
(12-23-2016, 03:11 PM)Great White North Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 02:18 PM)Getagrip Wrote:

Cheers Brad!  I think you need to take out a loan lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Loan not needed for the darts, possibly however for bribing the missus. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

LOL! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-23-2016, 03:26 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Very nice looking dart that I might end up getting - was thinking of getting all the Showtime ranges, but too far behind to complete the list now lol.  

I notice the packaging for these is different to the clam shell packaging from the first Showtime darts - this looks far better with the black inner tray and the stems and flights securely attached/packed instead of rattling around like the old packaging.  Will this be the packaging going forward?  And will they change the packaging of the previous sets sometime in the future as well?

Who knows they may make improvements as they get bigger, I would imagine that although we think of the packaging as something cheap etc which it is very likely, to get it cheap you probably have to make a very large order which could be in thousands or tens of thousands so my guess is they will probably have this version for a while yet to use it up Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-23-2016, 09:47 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Nice review and a nice arrow +1 for my mate

Thanks Pops! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-23-2016, 11:29 PM)Shed inn Wrote: Ayup Darren

Great review as usual, and what looks to be a well made dart.
What I don't like is 4 different grips on one dart.
I would sooner have 1uniform grip, and 4 choices of darts.

Shed

Cheers Nigel! I was thinking of that too, I was also thinking that people may prefer one of the grips over the other but it may be in the wrong spot for them but anyway its nicely made Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Top review again Darren,  was looking at these in A180 yesterday and they are very good quality kit,
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Thanks Ian, yeah they are very nicely made, nice to be able to go into a shop and check them out too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Well done Darren, and well done Showtime too!

(It seems as if Showtime didn't have any challenge anymore, and then (from boredom) put as much as different type of grip on one barrel?? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )
Thanks Red, lol yeah maybe Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trinidad Darts Devon Petersen Type 2 Steel Darts Review Getagrip 7 135 08-26-2021, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Legend Darts Eric Bristow Cocked Finger Darts Review Getagrip 18 476 05-29-2021, 01:52 PM
  D Craft Japan Hacchi Disc Darts Review Weird Darts Getagrip 13 476 05-26-2021, 06:47 PM
  Red Dragon Darts Gerwyn Price Blue Ice Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 11 802 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM
  Harrows Elite 23g darts review Getagrip 46 23,845 03-23-2020, 10:07 AM
Last Post: southpaw_8585
Information Showtime Danielle Ashton "The Lancashire Rose Bud" 23g - Darts review Ryk 8 648 02-12-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: justin-tutboard
  Showtime reviewed darts index mc1958 2 2,653 02-12-2020, 01:04 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  ShowTime Darts Revolution 24g darts review Getagrip 34 59,870 09-06-2019, 04:34 PM
  ShowTime Darts Vortex 23g darts review Getagrip 33 11,881 04-19-2019, 03:14 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Showtime Darts Revolver 23g darts review Getagrip 28 16,910 04-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out