Harrows Darts.

Nice tip from a Pro on stance

I personally stand side ways to the oche- How ever if your uncomfortable doing it then don't Thats my opinion. Keeping the head still and not throwing with shoulder movement is great advice also
Sorry but I dont agree, the idea is not to get as close as possible.

I think thats a mistake a lot of beginners make thinking that the closer they are the better. If you lean forward too far or are uncomfortable its not good.

I think been in a comfortable stable stance is more important. Its not as if your arm is not capable of throwing from 7ft 9 that you have to get another 4 inches closer.

Rest of the advice is good.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The shoulder bit is great, and something not many other instructors point out. The sideways stance is probably fine for right eye dominant people whose ankles and feet can tolerate it. Not me.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

Phils ankles are ok and hes pretty heavy lol
Maybe so, I'm not saying you cant stand sideways, I am saying its not a requirement. My knee hurts when I stand sideways.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'm Supprised Rod didn't pick out the lack of full reach on the end of the camera man's throw. Although he had a follow through I'm sure he would gain more from getting that elbow joint straighter.
I have been slowly getting my heel closer to the oche,,,, but it still feels strained when I go all the way parallel,,,with it,,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Years of playing various sports rather too enthusiastically have left the meniscus in each knee with the "consistency of an old sock"* so going completely parallel starts get sore after a while for me. I have recently been experimenting with foot position in order to get the right balance between 1) making a successful throw easier to achieve, and 2) being comfortable enough to be able to do it for long enough to practice well.

It's similar to finding the right stance and posture when putting in golf. A more bent over position might make it easier to hit the putts well to begin with, but if it is so uncomfortable that you can't practice for longer than 5-10 minutes at a time, then in the long run you will be a worse player.

* in the words of my knee surgeon.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Professionals stance and elbow position Sultan Pepper 5 1,004 02-23-2018, 12:35 PM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  Tip on Stance from Bob Anderson *Saber* 10 4,590 10-17-2014, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out