Darts Buddy

Oche distance trouble
Yo Nutz, It's me again. I have had a standard Winmau mat ever since I started playing 20 months ago. Although after consideration as to whether I was shooting from the correct distance due to the mat pulling away and to the wall so often, I decided to re-measure my oche and put some tape on the floor instead as my oche. First of all, do any of you have experience with a Winmau mat and if so do yours often pull towards the wall, away from it and become creased? Its very annoying. And second of all, do you think a rough measurement and tape on the floor is a good idea and if not do you have any recommendations of bits of kit I could use or other methods? Sorry for the long-winded question

Cheers
I remember somebody mentioning something similar a couple years ago, but I don't remember if it was in the shoutbox or a thread.

I think they solved the problem by using some double sided tape. Not a very good solution if you are trying to avoid putting more tape on the floor.

(12-19-2016, 07:14 PM)Jugger Wrote: I remember somebody mentioning something similar a couple years ago, but I don't remember if it was in the shoutbox or a thread.

I think they solved the problem by using some double sided tape.  Not a very good solution if you are trying to avoid putting more tape on the floor.
I'll take it on board though. Cheers.
My oche in the man cave was to be mounted on a new floor...I put some masking tape down and then Velcro'd an oche to the masking tape...that way the only tape touching the floor is masking tape so easily removed and the oche can be removed when needed....should have a link somewhere on here of I can find it
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-20-2016, 01:20 AM)hamo Wrote: My oche in the man cave was to be mounted on a new floor...I put some masking tape down and then Velcro'd an oche to the masking tape...that way the only tape touching the floor is masking tape so easily removed and the oche can be removed when needed....should have a link somewhere on here of I can find it

Hamo, you Velcroing down a flat plastic oche down or something that has some height to it like a piece of wood?  I am asking as I am trying to decide what I want to do for an oche for my dart room. 
I use the panel mats that connect together.
(12-20-2016, 02:35 AM)Weirhere Wrote: I use the panel mats that connect together.

I think I came up with essentially the same idea. I did not like the idea of building a permanent raised oche (actually the wife did not like the idea) so I used the interlocking foam squares to cover the concrete most of the way from the board to the oche line. A 2 x 4 piece of wood pushed up against the foam creates a very nice place for your foot to push against. On the dart board side I made a filler piece of wood that was exactly wide enough between the wall and the foam squares to create necessary total distance. On that side I took a 1x4 piece of wood and ran it through my jointer until I had the exact size spacer to give me the 7 foot 9 1/4 inches needed.  The foam provides a nice cushion for bounce outs and everything is easily removable. 
Oche measuring tape and a laser is oche. Works for me.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Throwing Distance Stealth501 4 317 01-26-2020, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Kts365
  Double Trouble HuNgRy_LiOn 8 797 08-29-2018, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Trainman
  Practicing at a shorter distance? Sleeping Soon 13 1,960 01-28-2018, 07:45 PM
Last Post: cubdog
  Double Trouble - Help Stevieb91 2 338 11-22-2017, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Stevieb91
  Trouble with elbow and wrist Chris LaForm 4 889 01-19-2017, 07:12 AM
Last Post: Chris LaForm