Unicorn

Need help moving along the oche
Hello Nutz I was hoping you would have some advice for me. I am struggling to aim where I want to aim when I have to move along the oche. When I block the 20 bed, I try to move along to have a better vision. However, my darts stray into the 12s and 18s despite me trying really hard to aim at the 20. I don't know how Bunting does it! Any tips?
you may need to twist your shoulders too?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-19-2016, 07:11 PM)Getagrip Wrote: you may need to twist your shoulders too?

Yes that sounds like a good idea. I will try that out. Cheers Getagrip.
Ayup DW

I take it your fairly new to darts? If the 20 bed is blocked and you can't adapt to moving along oche.
Then use 19 as MvG does to great effect.
Other than that its all down to practice, personally I never move along the oche.

Shed
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-19-2016, 07:16 PM)Shed inn Wrote: Ayup DW

I take it  your fairly new to darts? If the 20 bed is blocked and you can't adapt to moving along oche.
Other than that its all down to practice, personally I never move along the oche.

Shed
I am a massive fan of darts and have followed the tour profusely for the past year. So I wouldn't say I am new to darts but I am definitely learning a lot when it comes to practice. Obviously I would switch to the 19s but I am talking about the occasions when you need a 20. Thanks for the feedback. Cheers.
(12-19-2016, 07:16 PM)Shed inn Wrote: Ayup DW

I take it your fairly new to darts? If the 20 bed is blocked and you can't adapt to moving along oche.

Shed

That's the same as what I do, I find it easier switching to 19's than moving along the oche. Each to their own though!
Personally speaking for me it depends on  how I'm throwing in any given day. 
If I feel relatively good I would switch to t18 as it's parallel. 
If not I usually go t17 and being a right handed player I feel most comfortable when I feel as if I'm pushing the dart as opposed to pulling
I've never heard about not moving. Watching any pro match they often take a step aside to regain a clear shot when needed. That includes all top 10 PDC players. I've seen spectacular shots at bull when blocked with players even moving outside the actual raised oche. Don't feel as though you are rooted, move when necessary. Practice moving along the oche to know how to adjust shoulders. There are no limitations.
I use the formula of only moving along half the distance that I think I should,generally works but of course it can depend on how your darts have grouped. But like the lads have said ,19's too.
Slingin' for Satan 
The Devils hand.......
I will torment you
OTMAPP......FYW
I rarely move on the oche, I'll switch to 19 or 18 if I need to keep it even... only time I move is if I need a bull (usually cricket) or I blocked my double. Sometimes it works like a charm, other times I look like an idiot for moving and not even close to the target lol

Sometimes I'll move over a lot so it's clear, not realize how much farther away I am and come up short of my target
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
If needing to get another in the T20, only the slightest movement is necessary I've found for the most part. If your dart has landed below the bed and standing up then a bigger move then/only then may be needed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elbow moving MauriceDarter 19 1,554 07-02-2019, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Cateye
  Moving top to bottom Roberts7286 16 866 12-23-2017, 10:46 PM
Last Post: F4tboy