Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Frosty Aiming To Freeze The Flying Scotsman
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
‘Frosty The Throw Man’ meets defending champion Gary Anderson in the first round at the William Hill World Championship where he is guaranteed £10,000 even if he loses, the biggest pay-day of his darts career.

But the qualifier from Stoke headed to London still not sure what music he will use for his entry on to the stage.

Frost, 45, whose wife Rebecca and children Matthew, 15, and Sophie 11, will be there tonight watching, said: “I have been asking on Facebook and everyone has given me loads of suggestions, with ‘Frosty The Snowman’ being mentioned a lot, but I have not come up with one yet.”

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
It is his first time at the Ally Pally – even as a fan – and he is from darts’ greatest area with both 16-times world champion Phil Taylor and double world champion Adrian Lewis also from The Potteries.

“I don’t know why that is,” said Frost. “Everyone loves a game of darts up there. It’s hard to explain.

“I have been playing darts, superleagues and leagues, for 30-odd years. I was a roofer before scaffolding. I joined the PDC circuit in 2004.”

Frost has reached the big stage before, losing to Raymond Van Barneveld at the World Matchplay in 2008 and Taylor at the UK Open in 2011 and he cannot wait for this chance.

He only won his qualifier for the championship moments before last month’s draw and he was given the time off work to prepare.

A friend of the family came up his nickname before that meeting with Barney and he has no plans to freeze on the most famous oche in darts.

He said: “I am quite nervous as it is my first time at the Ally Pally but not because I am playing Gary. We are good mates. I have known him for years.

“When we are on ProTour, the games leading up to the majors, we sit on the same table, drink together, practice.

“We will still be friends come Friday. We will be enemies on the oche and then good friends afterwards.”
Hmm, cant see it meself Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Good luck to him though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

He'll be lucky to win a leg, let alone win the match
Wish him the best, but like Darren and Mike have posted I don't see Mark being involved in too many legs tbh.
I didn't even realize Frost had never qualified before. The guy's been in the PDC for ages, since long before the standard of the tour rose to its current levels.
That wound up being pretty embarrassing for Frosty The Throwman. You could see his frustration building as Gary started scoring more heavily.
The facts of life for the greater majority of qualifiers in this tournament is if & when they are drawn against a "name" is the "name"has a bad night or the qualifier plays way above his ranking position it can& has been done but usually "Sods Law" means they are going home this is why the usual 8/10 suspects end up contesting the sharp end of the comp & the cry from the watching minions " It's boring always seeing the same small number of players contesting the title" It happens but not often
yeah that's the thing, if Ando came on and played terrible and Frosty was playing great who knows, I think it makes the comp more interesting when some outsiders do well Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

You could see how disappointed he was with his stray darts. It was obvious the nerves of the big occasion got to him.

He'll remember that bull finish though!

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lewis Aiming For Big Year hamo 21 4,286 01-03-2018, 08:42 PM
Last Post: blacko
  Lewis Aiming To Hook Third Title hamo 0 549 12-19-2016, 03:32 PM
Last Post: hamo
  Taylor Aiming To Pull Clear hamo 5 1,713 04-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Last Post: kevmode