Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

darts with a step at the rear of barrel
Hi,
    i have not been able to throw darts for the last 6 weeks as my shoulder blade problem has got worse unfortunately , Im thinking of getting some new darts for a friend.
   he prefers darts with a step at the rear of the barrel , which ones would you suggest.
Monster "The Cobra", might be too light at 20.4 grams though. It is what I currently throw for steel tip, Target Rising Sun is the next dart I'm planning on trying.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Do you mean like Winmau Snipers 23g?

(12-14-2016, 11:15 PM)kungfuron Wrote: Target Rising Sun is the next dart I'm planning on trying.

I rather like the look of them. The blue highlights make them look quite special, unique, and futuristic. I had considered them about a month ago because then I was a rear gripper, but held off because of the price. I'm glad I did because my grip and preferred barrel shape has gone through several metamorphoses since then. I still love the look of them though and have read a number of good reviews of them.
(12-15-2016, 01:17 AM)Jefferz Wrote: Do you mean like Winmau Snipers 23g?

(12-14-2016, 11:15 PM)kungfuron Wrote: Target Rising Sun is the next dart I'm planning on trying.

I rather like the look of them. The blue highlights make them look quite special, unique, and futuristic. I had considered them about a month ago because then I was a rear gripper, but held off because of the price. I'm glad I did because my grip and preferred barrel shape has gone through several metamorphoses since then. I still love the look of them though and have read a number of good reviews of them.

I love my Cobra steel tip and I'm working hard with my set of Yoshimura Mirage soft tip but if they don't smarten up soon, I'll be trying a set Rising Sun No.5.  If I get on with those really well, I might try the steel tips as well.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Check out One80 Two Step darts. They have a very pronounced step mid-way up the barrel. This may be a lot more than what you need, but worth a look anyhow
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(12-14-2016, 11:02 PM)barbelmaster Wrote: Hi,
    i have not been able to throw darts for the last 6 weeks as my shoulder blade problem has got worse unfortunately , Im thinking of getting some new darts for a friend.
   he prefers darts with a step at the rear of the barrel , which ones would you suggest.

Not many heavy steel ones on the market I'm afraid. I'd get a torpedo (if that is what he throws) and cut the step myself.

(12-15-2016, 02:25 AM)kungfuron Wrote:
(12-15-2016, 01:17 AM)Jefferz Wrote: Do you mean like Winmau Snipers 23g?

I love my Cobra steel tip and I'm working hard with my set of Yoshimura Mirage soft tip but if they don't smarten up soon, I'll be trying a set Rising Sun No.5.  If I get on with those really well, I might try the steel tips as well.

Consider selling them Kungfuron?  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-15-2016, 12:03 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Check out One80 Two Step darts. They have a very pronounced step mid-way up the barrel. This may be a lot more than what you need, but worth a look anyhow

I was going to suggest that too!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Instead of a "step", would a scallop suit your friend?  If so, that opens up a whole lot of barrel choices, off the top of my head Unicorn (my usual go-to manufacturer) have the 22g Petersons, or 23g Cavens or 24g Taylor Evo Phase 3s.  The Shot! 901s also have a rear "scoop". Or the Target Black Power 8Zeros have a scalloped rear section, available in 21, 23 or 25g. The McKicks Flash Marines over at PD also have a rear scallop I believe.  There is also a subtle scallop on the Winmau Vanguards (thanks The Red Bit!)

If your friend doesn't like a typical straight barrel but is OK with a scallop you could have a look at the new Whitlocks or the RD Scorpions. Or the Shot! 907s.  Or the Muramatsus and the Klaasens as previously mentioned.
McCoys Max have a step at the rear of the barrel. Come in 22,24 & 26g. Showtime Force ST also have a little step at the rear of the barrel and come in 22 & 24g.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for 24g darts with rear scallop Molrix 7 741 04-14-2019, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Molrix
  Darts with grip til the very rear WhiskyPops 17 1,833 01-16-2018, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Molrix
  Help finding darts for rear grip shoosh moosh 8 2,654 01-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Last Post: shoosh moosh
  rear grip darts Saint_Tony 12 2,228 12-28-2017, 01:16 AM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  25g Bomb shaped darts with grip at the rear Csaba Csibu Balla 4 1,742 11-23-2017, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Csaba Csibu Balla
  Rear weighted darts John holmes 0 1,450 03-29-2016, 01:25 PM
Last Post: John holmes