Target Darts.

Rural area...
I live in a very rural area with no pubs or bars nearby with a dart board or leagues!  In still love to throw and was wondering if others here have the same problem. If so, how do you keep things interesting?  Thanks!
You could try on-line darts, https://www.webcamdarts.com/
Agree. Or invite your friends over, serve drinks, then serve darts! They will be hooked.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

(12-14-2016, 06:11 AM)ranger86 Wrote: Agree.  Or invite your friends over, serve drinks, then serve darts!  They will be hooked.

Hahaha   Are we talking beer here, Ranger?  That always seems to make friends, huh?
Yep, beer and darts works for most Nutz.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Webcam darts you can play people from around the world
Pro Darter is ok for practising
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Likewise I'm a bit out of the way for regular games (more because of local apathy than any actual distance) and I think the hardest part is maintaining focus for the duration of a practice session. Of course without the distraction of preparing specifically for competition you could potentially make your practice much more efficient, which is great as long as you can put it into effect when facing an opponent.

I'm of the mind that as with any sport (if you want to call it that) training regimes have come in leaps and bounds over the past decade, so make the most of it; learn your outs, accuracy, mental preparation and health - yes health, drinking a pint before every throw doesn't work anymore - and you should be in a strong position against your opponent when they decide to turn up...

As far as boredom though, I can't really help. Webcam darts is a good start Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'll also chime in on the advantages of using the webcam function to play others. You can get all the competition you will ever want or need, you don't have to leave home to do it, your alcohol expense will be much less than going to a pub/bar/club to throw since you get that from the local market and you have the added bonus of still being at home and not having to drive or use a taxi to get home if you had too much to drink.

Sounds like a win/win for your situation.
Webcam Darts is a great tool, but I have some advice....

Either don't watch your opponent shoot at all... or only play people you know and trust....

(12-14-2016, 11:33 PM)Jugger Wrote: Webcam Darts is a great tool, but I have some advice....

Either don't watch your opponent shoot at all... or only play people you know and trust....

Aw, come on.   You mean to tell me those 26's are not really 140's after all.     Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
May as well play me then, you'd be questioning the validity of a 26.
i don't get out much either but the web cam thing and pro-darter are fine for my needs.
Oh... and make sure your lighting and camera placement is good.

Shadows cause all kinds of problems on camera.

Thanks for all the feedback, gents!!! :ohyeahh:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad practice area Alec 6 13,015 06-18-2017, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Rod Dogg