Harrows Darts.

Recommendation needed: light weight strong stem (poly carbonate? )
I am looking for something that go with the Robinson/Joker Driver flight

From my experience I want my stem to be light weight
I am having a good experience with the Bubble stem on DC clearance
but the problem is that the holding rear is too short (reason why call it bubble)
(https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...ts_id=1075)
I am looking for alternatives
I think I am looking for ploy-carbonate material (or ?)
non-flexible, high strength and  non spinning, short size.

I am ordering some fit flight system for experience on the side

Please give me some suggestions and Thanks for your time and attention to this matter

Lu, X
I think polycarbonate is nice but they are often brittle I find, but check out these which are like the ones that come with the TDP darts I reviewed: https://www.puredarts.co.uk/vice-grip-in...-aqua.html
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Would "Cross Fires" from RD be any use
(12-12-2016, 10:53 AM)Little al Wrote: Would "Cross Fires" from RD be any use

The Cross Fires are very strong,
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks
i think I have one set of the vice grip (I bought the TDP darts) that I will try

Red dragon Cross fire I am gonna find a chance to buy one

I dont order from red dragon.com because they charge ridiculous shipping and it has to be signed
(In USA if you use a P.O. box you dont really want a signed delivery, regular non-signed royal mail works perfect with the po box system )
yeah the brittle is no crap
I break one set every other day if I m using my normal flight
I used DC bubble extra short one and I usually order 10-20 sets lol (10p per set is okay with me)
with joker driver or Robinson this problem may be get partially solved
For the Price,,, I don't think you can beat the Unicorn Sigma CR shafts ,,, these are the carbon non spinning ,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'd try the Sigma CR, and perhaps experiment with the top of the tines chopped / sanded off.  What reducing the length of the tines would do is allow you to seat the shaft deeper into the flight where the shaft is slightly thicker, thus minimizing or eliminating the gap in between the shaft and flights.

I know the Target Pro Grip will work with the top of the tines chamfered a little so they can go deeper into the flights. Might want to try Harrows Supergrips as well. BUT but but both the Pro Grip and Supergrips can snap on bounce outs. 

Also look at the Harrows Speedline. The top comes to a slightly wider mid section and that may be a good fit for the flights without modifications.

Deflectagrips also work if you chamfer them, but they are a little flexible. Needless to say, JD stems as well as they are the perfect fit, and is strong and non-flex since they are a carbon resin composite.

All the best and have fun!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
0ldjoblo: thanks for your input
I m putting unicorn carbon CR on my next order
thanks
I never thought about trim the tines
I have deflect grip, it is not for me :\\|
(12-12-2016, 07:11 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: I'd try the Sigma CR, and perhaps experiment with the top of the tines chopped / sanded off.  What reducing the length of the tines would do is allow you to seat the shaft deeper into the flight where the shaft is slightly thicker, thus minimizing or eliminating the gap in between the shaft and flights.

I know the Target Pro Grip will work with the top of the tines chamfered a little so they can go deeper into the flights. Might want to try Harrows Supergrips as well. BUT but but both the Pro Grip and Supergrips can snap on bounce outs. 

Also look at the Harrows Speedline. The top comes to a slightly wider mid section and that may be a good fit for the flights without modifications.

Deflectagrips also work if you chamfer them, but they are a little flexible. Needless to say, JD stems as well as they are the perfect fit, and is strong and non-flex since they are a carbon resin composite.

All the best and have fun!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
personally
I snap one set a day :|
because I am using the stacking technic like old taylor and I am trying to get the stem and flight tune to optimal
I use the Target Power Titanium (bit pricey) or the Target Pinch Grip (Very good price) with the Robson Plus flights and never break a stem.  Both shafts have a replaceable head in case you "Robin-hood," but with the Robson's you never Robin-hood.  The Robson work with nearly every metal and plastic shaft that I have tried them on. 

Also, I tried both the Robson and the Joker Driver and the Robson held up much longer. Especially the end that fits onto the shaft.  If you remove them a few times, the Joker Driver get a bit messed up and will not go on the shaft any more.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Strong stems/shafts Willbennett17 21 1,556 02-02-2021, 03:28 PM
Last Post: jbizzle
  Does the hole in the stem affect the stem? DanGoldsmith180 21 4,949 02-27-2019, 11:10 PM
Last Post: None80