Shot Darts

Stretching
Gday everyone 
Your thoughts on stretching before a game or practice.
Darts used 25g Adrian Gray Tungsten Shot Flights XLt Stems
Best Av (Singles) : 84
Best 501 : 15 darts
Highest Checkout 2016 : 160 (T20 T20 D20)
180s Practice  2019 : 100+
180s Comp 2019 : 10 
150s Practice : 3
If anything feels tight then I might try to loosen up a bit but this is not something I do every time. Most of the time just throwing a few practice darts loosens the muscles up pretty well. Bigger issue for me when I practice first thing in the morning and I actually find my hand a bit stiff. I throw a dozen or so just at the board to warm up and all is good.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Good question .. Never really occurred to me but you may be on to something . Personally I just grab my darts and start throwing focusing on getting my range and feel in check . Warming up with  a little stretching might be a good idea . Especially for the +40's ..... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Most don't, but it should be good for any physical activity.

Might also shorten the warming up process and let's you get into your game quicker if you stretch before.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
These are some exercises that I'd copied into my dart notebook recently, some of which I do now and again. Not sure who's they are.

wrist flexes: arm out, turn wrist down (palm towards you) and press slightly with the other hand. turn the other way (palm facing out) and repeat. I hold for 3-4 seconds and do 5-6 reps

back shoulder blade stretches: take both arms and clasp behind your back; pull backwards. reverse direction and put them out in front of you and pull away from your body. I usually do 7-10 seconds and 2-3 reps each.

lateral neck stretches: tilt your head to the right, then slowly turn your chin upwards to the left; relax and turn chin down. repeat sides

exterior lower shoulder & triceps: raise your arm up, bend the elbow and place hand in the middle of the back below the neck, take your other hand and pull gently towards your head; you can also work a slight body tilt in the direction of the arm that is doing the pulling for a better stretch down the side of the body. Repeat for the other side. 7-10 seconds each, usually 2-3 reps

standing interior shoulder stretch: stand with your arm out to the side parallel to the ground. place your hand on the edge of a wall or other surface(pole, door, etc). slowly turn your body 90 degrees away from the wall/arm, hold for 7-10 seconds, then slowly return to the starting position. Repeat other side. again, 2-3 reps for each side.

full body rotational core stretch: stand with your back towards a wall arm length away. turn your body, trying to keep your feet legs as forward facing as possible and place your hands on the wall. hold for 7-10 seconds, return to face forward, repeat of the side, 2-3 reps each side

outer shoulder stretch: hold your arm out in front of you, bend the forearm up 90 degrees, take the wrist of the other arm and place it on the outside elbow and pull towards the arm that is not extended. same routine. 7-10 seconds hold, repeat other side, 2-3 reps each side.
I always do a bit of stretching and muscle warm-up before starting to throw. It only takes a couple of minutes and I find that it helps to loosen everything up and in theory should help guard against injury
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points